Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

evilpicard posted:

Round of the year: Frevola Valdez Rd 1 UFC 270

Absolutely. Insane stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Also Referee Incompetence for Mike Beltran in Frevola Valdez UFC 270 allowing a fighter to take officially 4 (I counted 7) knockdowns and then a back mount GNP before stepping in to stop it.

Oh yeah, I only counted 6 but holy poo poo Beltran was lusting for blood.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know it's early days, but UFC 270 was a cool loving PPV and I'm nominating it for Best Show of the Year, cool card with some great matches from the prelims up to the great co-main and the extremely fun and hilarious main event.

Especially because it included:

Fentry posted:

Fight of the Year: Brandon Moreno vs Deiveson Figueiredo 3, UFC 270

:hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Round of the Year/Comeback of the Year: Round 2 of Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Sergey Morozov: UFC 271 2/12

How the gently caress Andrade survived the beating and the cut in Round 1 to come back and - brief pause for an eyepoke aside - destroy Morozov in the 2nd round I have no idea but it loving ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Performance of the Year: Bobby Green's insane, non-stop accurate jabs between Nasrat Haqparast's raised arms directly to his face throughout the entire length of their fight: UFC 271 2/12

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Knockout of the Year: Tai Tuivasa surviving swanging and bangingTM and blasting Derrick Lewis who collapsed like a condemned building: UFC 271 2/12

Edit: Best Major Show: UFC 271 2/12 - Really great show, easy to watch from Early Prelims through to the main event, though Lewis/Tuivasa was the Fight of the Night.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 13, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Knockout of the Year: Jamahal Hill vs. Johnny Walker UFC Fight Night 2/19

double negative posted:

he really fell over like a cartoon character

DoombatINC posted:

motherfucker died like an oblivion character when the animations break

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

evilpicard posted:

Drew Dober comeback of the year finishing McKinney after being out on his feet

Absolutely, that was an insane comeback.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Submission of the Year: UFC Fight Night Lemos vs Andrade, Jessica Andrade getting a standing loving arm triangle.

Abso-loving-lutely, that was so goddamn cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

evilpicard posted:

Worst fight of the year: Esparza Namajunas

Absolutely, that was appalling.

evilpicard posted:

Worst Coaching Gameplan of the Year: Pat Barry telling his fighter/gf to keep doing what she's doing

Yeah, Jesus Christ what the gently caress was that?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know what category it fits into, but Ketlen Vieira's corner yelling,"DID YOU COME HERE TO DO SOME TOURISM!?!" at her going into the final round of her main event fight with Holly Holm at UFC Fight NIght 206 was incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fight of the Year: Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk - UFC 275
Round of the Year: Round 1 of Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk - UFC 275
Knockout of the Year: Zhang knocking Joanna's soul out of her body and leaving her now empty body to collapse to the floor like Al Pacino at the end of Godfather III - Round 2 of Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk - UFC 275

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fight of the Year: Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka for the Light Heavyweight Championship - UFC 275 6/11
Show of the Year: UFC 275 6/11

Great show, and that main event was absolutely loving incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, I forgot because he's not in UFC anymore but Mighty Mouse is REALLY good!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

evilpicard posted:

Submission of the Year:

Treasan Gore nearly rips off Josh Fremd's head using a guillotine to swing his body around 360 degrees putting him on the mat out cold

Seconding this, absolutely terrifying finisher, almost a loving Mortal Kombat Fatality.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Performance of the Year: Erin Blanchfield's COMPLETE domination of Molly "Meatball" McCann - UFC 281 Prelims 11/12

Absolutely outstanding the absolute and total control and domination of the fight from Blanchfield, the way she just held her in place and pummeled her and stopped every single attempt to escape was so impressive.

KO of the Year: Ryan Spann murders Dominick Reyes who is now dead after being murdered by Ryan Spann - UFC 281 Prelims 11/12

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 13, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

COPE 27 posted:

Round of the year: Poirier - Chandler Round 1

Seriously. Holy gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fight of the Year: Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler - UFC 281 11/12

The first round was round of the year, and then Poirier survived a brutal second round only to come out strong and submit Chandler in the third. Incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Show of the Year: UFC 281 11/12

This card had EVERYTHING, early prelims to prelims to the main card was just a fantastic watch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Freudian slippers posted:

New Category: Poetry of the Year - CarlCX' epic presentation of Chase Sherman vs Waldo Cortes-Acosta

That is absolutely loving incredible :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is there going to be a 2023 thread (or have I missed it if there is?)

Refereeing Incompetence: Osiris Maia for Jessica Andrade vs. Lauren Murphy allowing the fight continue for all three rounds when it was clear the fight was over by the end of Round 1, and ESPECIALLY by the end of Round 2. - UFC 283 1/21