Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ocean Book posted:

?? i don’t get your point. nordic people were not pagan before christianity?

i stopped taking them seriously awhile ago dont worry thank you though ocean book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

syntaxfunction posted:

Also I think the bigger issue is that Nazis co-opting stuff and everyone going "oh well no one should use that, that's Nazi stuff" you end up in a situation where Nazis will just co-opt anything and everything and people just roll over. I don't know how to fight it, I'm not an ideas guy.

:smith::hf::smith:

Yeah I feel powerless every time I hear the chuds taking over some historically cool thing. I thought the Spartans were cool when I was young but nope! Nazis now!

Molon Labia

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ocean Book posted:

?? i don’t get your point. nordic people were not pagan before christianity?

That's a loving thousand years ago.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In all this serious talk we forgot the most important topic: OP’s girlfriend’s fat titties.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

In all this serious talk we forgot the most important topic: OP’s girlfriend’s fat titties.

never forget. the OP has a fake girlfriend with imaginary fat titties

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Oh poo poo. Yeah let us get back to our roots here.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah I feel powerless every time I hear the chuds taking over some historically cool thing. I thought the Spartans were cool when I was young but nope! Nazis now!

Molon Labia

I have an old red tshirt with SPQR bordered by laurels across the chest but I feel like that would be a huge chud thing now

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I have an old red tshirt with SPQR bordered by laurels across the chest but I feel like that would be a huge chud thing now

Yep. I have this super cool computer wallpaper for the original Rome: Total War with SPQR on it and I'm afraid to put it up on my own personal computer at home where no one sees me because I figure it's a chud thing.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
tbqh I gotta say I find the idea of following the norse / germanic religion to be pretty silly

imagine if the only thing known about christianity today were the religious epic movies starring Charlton Heston. and I decided that I wanted to be a Christian and wear this cross and follow the lessons of Jesus and his best friend Ben-Hur. that's what norse religion is today.

it's better than wicca I guess.

I thought the Spartans were cool when I was young but nope! Nazis now!

the Spartans were always giant assholes though.

being interested in them, because they had a facinatingly weird culture and played an outsized role in history despite their small numbers? sure. thinking they're cool and wanting to be like them, nah.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Klyith posted:

tbqh I gotta say I find the idea of following the norse / germanic religion to be pretty silly

imagine if the only thing known about christianity today were the religious epic movies starring Charlton Heston. and I decided that I wanted to be a Christian and wear this cross and follow the lessons of Jesus and his best friend Ben-Hur. that's what norse religion is today.

it's better than wicca I guess.

being interested in them, because they had a facinatingly weird culture and played an outsized role in history despite their small numbers? sure. thinking they're cool and wanting to be like them, nah.

thats a lot cooler than current christianity you have to admit

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sid Vicious posted:

thats a lot cooler than current christianity you have to admit

well gently caress, you got me there

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

nuketulsa posted:

Shes not and has gigantic boobs I can post them, they;re great man

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

nuketulsa posted:

Shes not and has gigantic boobs I can post them, they;re great man

is this her

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

i have bad news

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Klyith posted:

Yeah I can be interested in something without wanting to be it.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
it's weird seeing this thread after just watching "we need to do something" which is on hulu right now

(it's ifc midnight but not the one of the better ones from them)

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

oh is that based on that max booth book? That would make a fun movie

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Bula Vinaka posted:

is this her

It took me way rop long to realize she was playing with her hair and not in the phone. I guess witches really do do (heh) it better :tinfoil:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Ive got a bunch of Fred Perry polos that are real nice but i dont wear anymore cause of the loving proud boys ):<

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bula Vinaka posted:

it's weird seeing this thread after just watching "we need to do something" which is on hulu right now

(it's ifc midnight but not the one of the better ones from them)

they cursed way too much in that movie. it was embarrassing to watch

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Witch checking in.
Not Wiccan. Wicca is weird. Germanic pagan like my grandma taught me.
Yes, I am fat, over 40 and female. Woo.
AMA

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Haji posted:

like my grandma taught me.

How often do you tell people about being the granddaughter of the witches you didnt burn?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Haji posted:

Witch checking in.
AMA

Is your broom flying?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Yaldabaoth posted:

Time cube guy was right when he said the abrahamic god was a homosexual god given how much his male followers hate women.

I read a book by an episcopalian bishop, John Spong iirc, the central thesis of which was that Paul was gay. Or maybe that's just the only bit I remember.

Sid Vicious posted:

a virgin, a huge geek, or a nazi. also nazis gently caress off stealing heathenry, cant get a loving tattoo related to my religion and culture because of loving garbage racist homophobic transphobic fuckos

Just get like a rainbow hammer or maybe one where the head is two dicks or something.

Molon Labia

The Spartans were huge pieces of poo poo but they were fantastic trolls. Kinda like the Donald Trumps of the classical era.

Ocean Book posted:

lol cmon i’m talking about genuine feel-it-in-the-heart spirituality, not technical definitions. yahweh is obviously a patriarch of divine masculine energy. that’s fine and even cool. it’s just limiting when we think the only way to relate to divinity is in the manner described by abrahamic religions.

In my experience it's a mixed bag as to how people feel about yahweh. I certainly agree with your second point though.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Klyith posted:

So were the Romans, the og fascists.

Most dark ages cultures were similarly dogshit. The northmen didn't raid, murder and rape everywhere because Scandinavia was a land of fat and honey.

Pining for a time when the culture of your preference includes: wanton murder, feudal oppression, slavery and chattel status for women is a big tell about your personality.

Interest in history is fine, trying to relive it not. The thing that amuses me is that those that fantasize about these times are usually imagining themselves at the top of the food chain and not the fat cow that gets eaten. Well mostly.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bula Vinaka posted:

is this her

Is this lady like 3 feet tall?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Ev6WtAciY

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I refuse to date people who honestly believe in tarot, astrology, or other mystical nonsense.

Turns out, many people do and it's a lonely place to be.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Being human requires magical thinking. If you give it up and get all euphoric about your fedoras you're literally less than human.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Is this lady like 3 feet tall?
OK thank you I thought it was just me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

She might be 3 foot wide

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Colonel Cancer posted:

Being human requires magical thinking. If you give it up and get all euphoric about your fedoras you're literally less than human.

it’s the coolest thing about life as a human being and people want to squander it so they can be nerds. Very sad, what a waste

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Haji posted:

Witch checking in.
AMA

:glomp:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

it’s the coolest thing about life as a human being and people want to squander it so they can be nerds. Very sad, what a waste

That's because those people are nihilists who only care about fulfilling the laws of nature.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Q: Are you nuketulsa's girlfriend?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Weka posted:

:actually:
Even the dang catholic catechism denies that god has a gender or sex.

Then how did he stick his dingus into Mrs.Virgin Mary and dump a big load of Jesus batter in her???

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Greg of Doom posted:

So we know shes fat

lmao

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's because those people are nihilists who only care about fulfilling the laws of nature.

Another option is online pedants or ideologues to whom Being Right is the highest virtue.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Splicer posted:

Q: Are you nuketulsa's girlfriend?

No. There is more than one witch in the world. And it's that other lady over there.

:glomp:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is your broom flying?

Currently out of order. I think I need to replace the spark plugs.

Nooner posted:

How often do you tell people about being the granddaughter of the witches you didnt burn?

Fairly often I suppose. All my friends know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
do witches take baths?

Only registered members can see post attachments!