Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think the word you're looking for is intolerable not invulnerable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

give a man a monkey, he’ll monkey for a day. Teach a man to monkey, monkey, monkey, monkey.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think the word you're looking for is intolerable not invulnerable

they aren't mutually exclusive

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Infact, you could say one causes the other.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Remember how in outbreak he goes in the lab with a monkey and comes out of there with a cure for the disease? What did he do in there? Is it monkey pee?

Monkey pee, monkey poo.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

there's no way the plot of the movie outbreak can ever happen, everyone in that town took the vaccine in the end

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Space Kablooey posted:

there's no way the plot of the movie outbreak can ever happen, everyone in that town took the vaccine in the end

Also at one point in the film Dustin Hoffman goes "It's airborne!!!" and everyone goes "Holy poo poo let's immediately change our entire approach to protecting everyone!!"

Totally unrealistic

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also at one point in the film Dustin Hoffman goes "It's airborne!!!" and everyone goes "Holy poo poo let's immediately change our entire approach to protecting everyone!!"

Totally unrealistic

That's why I want the Crazies plot. The whole county with the outbreak gets nuked at the end. And it's in Iowa, which deserves to be nuked anyhow.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Can I get the plot to The Crazies instead?

Timothy Olyphant version please.

Looks to me like people have becoming crazier for a while.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
If you nuke it that will only make it spread everywhere, as seen in the movie Return of the Living Dead.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they still weigh more than your dick and can still rip it off. note: when i say your dick i mean your dick. my dick is invulnerable to any mortal man or beast.

Just because no one's ever seen it doesn't make it invulnerable.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yaldabaoth posted:

Looks to me like people have becoming crazier for a while.

You're right, let's get another remake going.

But only if they get the little girl/old lady riding a bike from the first two.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

give a man a monkey, he’ll monkey for a day. Teach a man to monkey, monkey, monkey, monkey.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

In my head I mixed up the plot of Outbreak with that of 12 Monkeys. I thought I was over that, but thanks to this thread it happened again

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/0fiKw07H9Og

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Lol

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

In my head I mixed up the plot of Outbreak with that of 12 Monkeys. I thought I was over that, but thanks to this thread it happened again

Don't you mean the movie Congo? The movie about monkeys and... lasers... and stuff.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Gorillas aren't monkeys and there's only one laser that they use at the end to stop the bad gorillas during the combined volcano eruption/bad gorilla attack scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgWw43Fcuw

Amy was the best movie ape that we all forgot. Hug Amy.:qq:

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 25, 2022

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Why do I remember laser turrets in that movie?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Didn't Michael Crichton write Congo because he freaked out about Koko the gorilla who could use sign language?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Space Kablooey posted:

Why do I remember laser turrets in that movie?

Because they had machine guy turrets that were by triggered by lasers. It's like people haven't watched the movie in over 25 years or something.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Yaldabaoth posted:

Didn't Michael Crichton write Congo because he freaked out about Koko the gorilla who could use sign language?

Every Michael Crichton book was written because he was freaking out about something. The intended takeaway of Jurassic Park is "Cloning dinosaurs is stupid!" and it was pure luck that everyone actually reacted with "Cloning dinosaurs is stupid! But awesome."

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Log082 posted:

Every Michael Crichton book was written because he was freaking out about something. The intended takeaway of Jurassic Park is "Cloning dinosaurs is stupid!" and it was pure luck that everyone actually reacted with "Cloning dinosaurs is stupid! But awesome."

WTF?! Cloning dinosaurs is NOT stupid, you're stupid.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Cloning dinosaurs would only be stupid if you stuck them in a zoo and they escaped and started attacking and eating all the guests.

The smart thing is to eat them like Fred Flintstone.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Outrail posted:

Cloning dinosaurs would only be stupid if you stuck them in a zoo and they escaped and started attacking and eating all the guests.

The smart thing is to eat them like Fred Flintstone.

In tiny chewy vitamin form?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Weka posted:

WTF?! Cloning dinosaurs is NOT stupid, you're stupid.

yeah that was how I reacted as well. I could totally make a better park than those idiots and it would have so many awesome dinosuars.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Clown dinosaurs now that would be something

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What are these monkeys infected with?

RAAAAAAAAGE!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The escaped lab monkeys stories just gets weirder and dumber. It turns out the monkeys had been imported from Mauritius without quarantining and the woman who approached the crash has come down with a mystery illness and has been treated with herpes drugs

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1485840051057664006
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1485849528507015168
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1485856460567465984

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Are you sure they didn't just happen to notice that she has a raging case of herpes when they were checking her out for monkey fever?

naem
May 29, 2011

yeah how close an encounter are we talking here

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The escaped lab monkeys stories just gets weirder and dumber. It turns out the monkeys had been imported from Mauritius without quarantining and the woman who approached the crash has come down with a mystery illness and has been treated with herpes drugs

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I bet it’s monkeypox, I think you can get eye symptoms from it. Maybe the herpes drugs are to prevent lesions from forming? It’s a really dangerous disease if you get it but definitely not gonna cause any pandemic. Very badass that the government is messing around with nasty animal to human diseases and transporting the sick animals in unmarked trucks 😎

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
This being hellworld its pretty obvious this woman has been infected with a mysterious tropical disease heretofore unknown to human science.

I bet that give it a dumb name like Pennsy-fever after paitent zero's state and it'll cause blood to spray from the victims eyes or some freaky poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hope I get penisy-fever

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Has the been any new official news stories about the monkey boogaloo?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what with all this monkey business in that big clown circus that is washington dc i can't even tell the difference anymore!!!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
The government landed a helicopter on my front lawn today and who was inside but my mentor from a previous life. They need me to go back to work, they say. I keep telling them that I'm done--I'm done with killin monekys, they'll have to find somebody else. But they say this time is different. They showed me a photo of the monkey they wish to be dead--it's definitely a monkey i've seen a thousand times before. I said yes but this is the last time I do them a favor. Nobody kills monkies like me.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The government landed a helicopter directly and exactly upon my fricking balls. And I said to the guys in there: "Hey! Become a patreon on my Patreon and I will continue doom tweeting every day!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
EVERY DAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S OUTBREAK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, COLONEL SAM DANIELS.