Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Dance McPants posted:

*furiously checks local forcast for the week after the 13th* Light snow mixed with rain. Overcast. high 36 low 20.

Perfect Detroit rally weather, let's make this happen

Hell, I'd be down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I think Matt Stafford seems like a really nice dude

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He threw the ball for many of the best contested catches of all time.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
Matthew Stafford has won as many playoff games as the Dallas Cowboys have since 1995.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Propaganda Bob posted:

Matthew Stafford has won as many playoff games as the Dallas Cowboys have since 1995.

... and three weeks ago he hadn't won a single playoff game

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Obligatory:

Propaganda Bob posted:

Matthew Stafford has won as many playoff games as the Detroit Lions have since 1954.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Matthew Stafford is more likely to win multiple Super Bowls before he retires than Aaron Rodgers. Take this bet to the bank.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 6, 2022

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Speleothing posted:

I think Matt Stafford seems like a really nice dude

Agreed. Happy to see him doing well.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Matt should shave that goddamn neckbeard.

Otherwise I'm happy for him and his SB run.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Matt Stafford sniffs his own farts.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kirios posted:

that's not a nice thing!! unless you're a fetishist like that

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Kirios posted:

Aaron Rodgers Sock Puppet spotted

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Matthew Stafford is playing in the Superbowl on Sunday.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Matthew Stafford is perhaps the most likely player to win the 'Super Bowl MVP' award, followed closely by Aaron Donald and Joe Burrow. After that you have the tier of Ja'Marr Chase and Von Miller. Tier three includes many very good players as well. But it all starts with Matthew. And two others.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He's a champion.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

He's a champion.

:hmmyes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Matt Stafford getting a ring immediately after leaving Detroit, continuing to prove all us Lions haters correct

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm really happy for him. He was stuck on that lions team for so long, and his first chance to the big dance and he pulls it off.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I always knew :unsmith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Matthew Stafford is as accomplished a QB as Aaron Rodgers.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Stafford has now won a super bowl in every non-Lions season of his career, a much greater rate than the so-called “GOAT” Tom Brady

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yay Stafford :unsmith:

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Matthew Stafford is as accomplished a QB as Aaron Rodgers.

He’s also cooler and not a dickwad like Aaron Rodgers

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Matthew Stafford - NFL Champion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Matthew Stafford won the god damned Super Bowl

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
He rules OP

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I'm glad Matthew Stafford won the super bowl but it's kind of a bummer to every Lions fan to know that, no, it was never the QB, it was the team all along. I mean they already knew it but now they know it.

Also he helped Cooper Kupp get a super bowl ring which was pretty cool of him good on him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Matthew Stafford is better than Dan Marino

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm glad Matthew Stafford won the super bowl but it's kind of a bummer to every Lions fan to know that, no, it was never the QB, it was the team all along. I mean they already knew it but now they know it.

Also he helped Cooper Kupp get a super bowl ring which was pretty cool of him good on him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tom Tucker posted:

Oh, we knew the entire loving time. That's why most of us were rooting for him. We knew this wasn't gonna happen in Detroit.

Maybe Holmes and Campbell could've put a team around him that could've done this? Maybe? But it would've taken too long. Quinn and Patricia just wasted too much of his loving time.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Stafford has as many rings as QAron Rodgers :hmmyes:

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

fartknocker posted:

Matthew Stafford is better than Dan Marino

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ive always thought Stafford is a cool dude since I saw this way back in like 2010, and nothing has changed my mind about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XihtMcjvCI

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

MJeff posted:

Oh, we knew the entire loving time. That's why most of us were rooting for him. We knew this wasn't gonna happen in Detroit.

Maybe Holmes and Campbell could've put a team around him that could've done this? Maybe? But it would've taken too long. Quinn and Patricia just wasted too much of his loving time.

If the curse of Bobby lane is real, I hope this is finally the thing that breaks it.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

Stafford has as many rings as QAron Rodgers :hmmyes:

Super Bowl win percentage wise he is far superior.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Chieves posted:

Super Bowl win percentage wise he is far superior.

I think you mean NFC Championship game wise, as both are 1-0 in the Super Bowl.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

fartknocker posted:

I think you mean NFC Championship game wise, as both are 1-0 in the Super Bowl.

I will never stop laughing about this lmao

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Apples McGrind posted:

I will never stop laughing about this lmao

The loss to the 49ers this year was even better IMO

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
He’s a lock for the hall of fame. He’s Aaron Rodgers but not a huge piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Stafford was OK