Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

didn't get to watch but...was the time constraint to 11 play a part in how good/mid/bad the show ws?

Probably factored into the last two matches, but honestly outside of the lucha match and Cardona/Janela, nothing really stood out imo. The Blake Christian match was p. decent tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I liked ally/ruby just not the winner

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the show fell off a cliff in the second half (after cardona/janela)

even the mox match was terribly boring

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Show was fun imo my fav was Big Vin

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Also think it really hurt overall that there weren't really any deathmatch elements tonight. Doors, ladders, and chair spots, but I think not being able to have a deathmatch (or even loving light tubes) really hurt. Just didn't really feel like a proper GCW show.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I am shocked at how boring that match was

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Actually the scramble match was p. entertaining too. Putting Shane Mercer in the ring with only flippy dudes is brilliant and always a great time.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Show was fine, but this was a stage where fine doesn’t cut it.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Lumbermouth posted:

Show was fine, but this was a stage where fine doesn’t cut it.

Exactly, this was just a run of the mill GCW show with extra people, well maybe not run of the mill since they couldn't do death match stuff. This was not the place for a run of the mill show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

As someone who usually switches to watching in the background for the deathmatch main events, I thought it was fine. The first half was way stronger than the second, and while I'm glad Gage got the god pop I was all "that was it" for the tag team reveal.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
At least we got the surprise FTR X-Pac appearance we wanted

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Just seemed like a bucket list kind of event and they had to abide by the rules of NYC (Curfew, no violence) so I'm not going to hold it against them. They'll probably be back to form for the Spring Break shows

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

During the trios match, someone (Brett I would guess) accidently used the house mic instead of the earpiece mic and said something like "guys take this home now" and they wrestled for like another 5-7 minutes. Pretty audible on the broadcast. So it wouldn't shock me the first half or so went long to gently caress up the second half. Janela/Cardona was such a fun homage to ECW.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

This was the first GCW event I ever watched and I liked it. Main event was very "that's it?" but otherwise everything delivered for me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the show fell off a cliff in the second half (after cardona/janela)

even the mox match was terribly boring

100%

I think the biggest problem was the timing of the show. I don't think Fite has the same time restrictions that a terrestrial PPV would. I mean the same thing happened at All In where the main event (Bucks and Bandido vs. Ibushi, Mysterio and Fenix) was like 7 minutes long because ALLEGEDLY Scurll vs. Okada went long. I don't think GCW makes the same mistake again. But also yeah to echo what someone else said, this was a fine GCW show, but GCW needed a banger show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Serious question: when was the last time Homicide had a legit banger? There's a part of me that felt like it was exceedingly obvious that Homicide is pretty broken down and it was kinda sad. :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So what was all the chatter about someone ratting Gage out to the commission and possibly not appearing?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Serious question: when was the last time Homicide had a legit banger? There's a part of me that felt like it was exceedingly obvious that Homicide is pretty broken down and it was kinda sad. :(

His Suzuki match was really good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SalTheBard posted:

100%

I think the biggest problem was the timing of the show. I don't think Fite has the same time restrictions that a terrestrial PPV would. I mean the same thing happened at All In where the main event (Bucks and Bandido vs. Ibushi, Mysterio and Fenix) was like 7 minutes long because ALLEGEDLY Scurll vs. Okada went long. I don't think GCW makes the same mistake again. But also yeah to echo what someone else said, this was a fine GCW show, but GCW needed a banger show.

Agreed with all of this. The Cardona/Janela stuff was fun but could have been tightened up time-wise, and really didn't need the Swoggle or Virgil stuff. I get wanting to get everyone involved but those couple bits in particular ate up a lot of time and amounted to nothing in the long run.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

For me the biggest problem with the show was that watching all of GCWs stars lose for the entire second half was really deflating. Especially after Atticus Cogar cut that sick promo about how they were filling the show with TV guys and neglecting GCW people. And then they punked him out and proved him right?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Wezlar posted:

For me the biggest problem with the show was that watching all of GCWs stars lose for the entire second half was really deflating. Especially after Atticus Cogar cut that sick promo about how they were filling the show with TV guys and neglecting GCW people. And then they punked him out and proved him right?

I swear to god, if they’d done Moxley vs Cogar I would have felt a lot better about this show.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

So what was all the chatter about someone ratting Gage out to the commission and possibly not appearing?

Wasn’t that about Nick Wayne (who’s 16)?

Gage did a promo before the show about how he wasn’t showing but that was obviously a work.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Thanlis posted:

Gage did a promo before the show about how he wasn’t showing but that was obviously a work.
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1485494541146898432?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

He did ask for Ospreay, though

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Janela's big brother vibes with Nick Wayne are heartwarming af, they had an absolute banger of a match at DEFY and Joey's postmatch promo was beautiful.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you immediately unretire after a retirement tour like Tremont you should be banned from doing your self indulgent entrance. that alone could have given enough time back to that match for it to not feel like a joke

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thanlis posted:

Ah you're right, I saw Nick and immediately thought the worst.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

He did ask for Ospreay, though

I can’t begrudge him that. Just don’t make Will’s ego a model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want nick wayne to challenge alvarez