Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
im gonna be real loving salty if my team took another really good QB in a really good QB draft and i have to sit here and watch the other one win titles. again.

at least last time it was the giants and steelers, those franchises are historically well run. this is the loving bengals.

god damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
dont call a timeout then

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

a neat cape posted:

im gonna be real loving salty if my team took another really good QB in a really good QB draft and i have to sit here and watch the other one win titles. again.

at least last time it was the giants and steelers, those franchises are historically well run. this is the loving bengals.

god damnit

Give me a break, that discussion is far from over.

Can't we just agree to laugh at the fins?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
What a weekend of football

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
I absolutely love the overtime rules! Play better and this poo poo wouldn't happen. Make the catch, get a tackle and loving do your job and we do not have this argument anymore. I am ok with trading a field goal but if you give up a touchdown on the first drive then you shouldn't be there.

Edit: Basic grammar and spelling because I am drunk.

capncthulhu fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 24, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have troubling news. my friend is still on the path of falling madly in love with the incumbent best qb who whoops his rear end as well, just because that qb was here a few years before a new class of great qbs and my friend's team has one of them but isn't the only team that got one. would rather get asswhooped by one qb for 10 years instead of seeing any others do well. sicko stuff

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cavauro posted:

i have troubling news. my friend is still on the path of falling madly in love with the incumbent best qb who whoops his rear end as well, just because that qb was here a few years before a new class of great qbs and my friend's team has one of them but isn't the only team that got one. would rather get asswhooped by one qb for 10 years instead of seeing any others do well. sicko stuff

a troubling development

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend, when it comes to football, is acting like people who are 'lesser' than them should stay that way and only people they see as 'better' than themself should be allowed to do well. i want to remain friends and stop my friend from being that way, but i'm not sure they can. anyway this was just an anonymous sad confession to the football posting pals. thank you for allowing me to vent about these painful issues. this week's games of football should be really fun for all. may the luckiest worse teams win, or the best teams. i had to fix the post. it was missing part of a sentence that i had accidentally deleted through tears.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 24, 2022

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Can we just say the Chiefs/Bills game was the Superbowl and call it a season? There is no loving way any of the remaining games are going to live up to that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You can do that if you want to. you can pretend the Super Bowl is the latest episode of 'The Righteous Gemstones' if you like. you got this!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Go 49ers, go Jimmy :allears:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kalli posted:

Best week of football is behind us. But we're down to two promising games that will in no way match the hypeness of what we just went through

Mahomes, Stafford, Burrow, Jimmy

Sunday, 3pm: Bengals @ Chiefs

Sunday 6:30: 49ers @ Rams (except the building will be almost entirely 49ers fans)

Look I know the state farm commercials are dumb as poo poo but why you gotta do mahomes like that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Have we heard anything about whether Brady is going to need surgery to treat his gruesome injury?

He is literally doing Blue Steel in that photo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Burrow or Jimmy stop Mahomes, make a statue of them tbh

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kalli posted:

Mahomes, Stafford, Burrow, Jimmy

but jimmy is the handsome one??

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

but jimmy is the handsome one??

i guess we'll never know for sure

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Very worried about the Bengals O line vs Chiefs pass rush. I hope we beat them again

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
GO BENGALS

DON'T BUNGLE IT

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

MJeff posted:

That was such an awesome weekend of football, probably my favorite ever in the decade I've been watching. God, that ruled.

1) Rams/Chiefs - This has been my holy grail Super Bowl game ever since that crazy MNF game a while back and the fact that it'd be Stafford in there only makes it moreso.
2) Rams/Bengals - Super Grizzled Vet Running Out Of Time vs. Rookie On Miracle Run. Maybe the two best QB-to-WR connections in football. Joe Burrow possibly getting eaten entirely alive by Aaron Donald! This would rock.
3) 49ers/Chiefs - A rematch of 2019, with the 49ers on some insane bullshit magic run trying to exercise their final demon, with the Chiefs trying to redeem losing last year? Sounds fun as gently caress!
4) 49ers/Bengals - Two completely unpredictable unlikely runs clashing. Just the sheer amount of insanity and supposedly "better" teams these two would have to have slain to get here would make it an unbelievable feat all on its own.

I have almost no bead on either of these games. Rams and Chiefs should be the better teams and I'm pretty sure both the 49ers and Bengals are banged up kinda bad but, the Rams proved they're capable of completely imploding and the 49ers just have their number and are on some kind of, as SJ put, it, crazy bullshit 2007 Giants run. Meanwhile, the Bengals already proved they can just eat Kansas City's defense alive.

I really don't know. It feels like both games could be total stomps from either ends (okay maybe not Cincy stomping KC) or crazy shootouts that just come down to the last team to touch the ball, like all four games this weekend did!!!!!!

I'm okay with all of these outcomes but also: gently caress the Chiefs and Burrow will save us all.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just remembered that we had three walk-off field goals and a last-second field goal to force overtime this weekend, it's gonna be a good off-season to be a kicker looking for a new contract.

Hell, Bills-Chiefs was still live for "walkoff FG by the visiting team" until 4-5 minutes left in the game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

GO BENGALS

DON'T BUNGLE IT

I don’t think they’ll bungle it. They’re just probably gonna be outclassed.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t think they’ll bungle it. They’re just probably gonna be outclassed.

After last night it feels like it'll take a major miracle for them to stay in the game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno, if Burrow can stay upright, I don't see why he can't stunt on that defense.

....pretty big If there, I understand.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

After last night it feels like it'll take a major miracle for them to stay in the game.

It's possible the Chiefs may have a let down game but yeah the haunting thing about that game is definitely the feeling that whatever team won that will roll through the SB.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Vegas only has the Chiefs as a 7-point favorite, so it's probably going to be closer than we think.

Nov 6, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Vegas only has the Chiefs as a 7-point favorite, so it's probably going to be closer than we think.

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Vegas has it's own agenda.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rams can theoretically beat the Chiefs if Stafford holds his water.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If his water breaks though, it will give birth to playoff disappointment.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Chiefs can't cover Chase so Cinci has a real shot. They did just beat them a few weeks ago too, it's not like they are helpless

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

The Chiefs can't cover Chase so Cinci has a real shot. They did just beat them a few weeks ago too, it's not like they are helpless

Can Burrow not be sacked more then 5 times though?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DowntownRams/status/1485400357282930691

lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Super Bowl crowd will be interesting. It’ll be a scene if it’s the Rams at home and if it’s against the third straight year of the Chiefs since their fans aren’t gonna be as die hard about getting SB tickets.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

way to admit you have no actual fans, rams

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Weird that moving to LA means that your fans are less likely to value the playoff tickets enough to not sell them to Bay Area idiots with too much money.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kirios posted:

Honestly? They packed that game against the Cardinals. I didn’t expect that. And they sounded drat loud.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kirios posted:

The Titans changed their ticket resale rules to keep Bengals fans out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Titans changed their ticket resale rules to keep Bengals fans out.

Most teams do this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kirios posted:

ITS NOT JUST US

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I understand why people hate the current OT rules but I do think there should be a strong incentive to go for the win in 60 as much as possible.

Right now the OT rules do that by making it pretty risky to go to overtime due to the nature of the coin flip, but the NFL could just as easily count OT wins as lesser for the purposes of tiebreaking or something and that would probably feel more "fair."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Rams Bengals is definitely my strong preference here. I would love for either of those teams to get their shot and win

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly? They packed that game against the Cardinals. I didn’t expect that. And they sounded drat loud.

Yep. If there's one thing you can count on in LA, it's a whole shitton of fair weather fans.

Maybe fair weather fans is a little harsh, there are actual die hards, but just like everything else in the valley, if you are successful at what you do you get a lot more attention and adulation. If the Rams ever go through a down period, watch the number of fans shrink dramatically as other teams' fans start to fill up the stadium.