Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

?
Arians very bad man
?
Raiders poorly run org because of the string of dui's etc pay no attention to my own driving record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dude has never watched a ravens game and is star loving at this point lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Fate Accomplice posted:

Simmons made a point on last night's show:

This got me thinking: for the next 10-15 years 1-2 of these guys is gonna be in the AFC championship game every year, so if your AFC team is interested in competing, why would you sign a QB to a second contract if they're not at least as good as these four?

People need to tell me again why the Browns need to give Baker 40mil. Reading that made me need that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah he fits right in.

N:
https://twitter.com/SirYachtShow/status/1485757530609487872

V:
Baker has lost the locker room.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets already produce an in house show just like Hard Knocks that is equally boring so I think the Jets probably pass if given then choice. Saleh could be interesting if they’re forced though.

Evey team does

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Couldn't be dragging us into The Decision: Aaron Rodgers season 2

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Browns fault Baker couldn't see an open OBJ behind a league best line lol

Stefanski is dumb but Baker has no room to throw shade

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I went back and watched some browns highlights from the 2020 season and while yeah - they're highlights - Baker can kind of do it all and the ones that can, don't come along very often. QBs are going to have a down year every now and then - more so if they get banged up early and I think it's OK for the team not to be 100% but I kind of get the feeling that if the Browns lose Baker and he goes somewhere with some competence on the offensive line and in the coaching room he'll be the next Drew Brees where teams are kicking themselves for not believing and going after him. I know obvs with Brees he injured his throwing shoulder the year he left but I think Bakers going to be a very good QB for a long time.

The gently caress are you talking about competence on the offensive line? Both guards went all pro again, Tretter is one of the better centers, Conklin 2 time all pro (injuries this year) and a 1st invested at LT. Are you sure you watched 2020?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The idea that the Browns have done Baker wrong is insane. They've invested a shitload to put him in as good as situation as they can. Brought in OBJ and Landry then signed what had been a good TE till he got to the Browns (tale as old as time) in Austin Hooper then Chubb and Hunt to hand off to. Stefanski is overrated but man in what world does he not share a ton of blame? I'm a huge critic of this dumb team man but come on.

Like this isn't Green Bay wasting a pick on Jordan Love or the Patriots refusing to go into FA for Brady.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'm saying he was injured this year and that alone accounts for his bad play. I'm not saying the browns didn't do the things you mentioned.

My question is where does the rift or what seems like a rift between Mayfield and Stefanski come from? I'm not saying Bakers hard done by in terms of what's around him on the field, but he might be in terms of how he's being treated within the coaching room.

I actually think the Browns have a very good team from top to bottom and I think with a healthy Baker they'll be in the mix again next season.

It just seems a little odd to me that him and Stefanski seem really at odds with each other and that little power struggle might mean Baker is gone after his 5th season and I think if he did either get angry enough with his coaches to want to leave or if the coaches win they power struggle and the front office let's him walk he'll go on to have a good career elsewhere.

I mean Stefanski lives and dies by Baker next year. If Baker performs next year but still hates I think Kevin loses that power struggle unless the locker room comes in big for Stefanski which I just don't see.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BlindSite posted:

That makes sense too. I think the point I was trying to make is more or less that I think the Browns team as a whole is a good unit and I think Baker is a very good QB who's just had a down year and I think that if there isn't a reconciliation for whatever reason and regardless of whether he stays or goes I think he's a very good QB and will be around for a long time and anyone who wants to cut bait and move him on or move on would be making a mistake.

The big thing to remember to about Stefanski is he was brought in to fix Baker and that a bunch of players very publicly criticized (Bitonio, Myles and JJ3 off the top of my head) the coaching staff this year. Winning fixes everything of course but the fanbase aint coming out for the coaching staff and Haslam is smart enough to know that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

One of the things causing a rift is I think it's entirely up to the players to rally each other during a game. Like it or not a coach needs to be able to "rah rah" once and a while and Stefanski is a robot no matter how things are going.

Play calling is going wrong but I think that's another factor with this shitshow.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Should've been the Washington Admirals

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

somebody actually got the zero tolerance treatment lol

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1487470970168356870

efb

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Not counting him out till next years super bowl is being played and he's not there

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Brady's horcrux was in his lip and Von Miller found it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

who will pats fans root for now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Schefty jumped the gun again lol