Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dead thread but ill revive it to say something on this last cycle of episodes, and also the big move of the season

On this last cycle: Wow some atrocious play here. Big twist to flip the game on its head was kind of annoying and unfair while also being gratifying since it worked, but when KJ kicks Josh out with his immunity necklace on how does he not give it to his cousin? He's not an eliminated player, he's still in the game, and i mean I guess you could say he forgot but KJ even mentioned the necklace when she sent him out, it should've been very top of mind. And then how does Sam not play her idol when the best case is that it's a 4-4 tie? Even if nobody flips it's a scenario tailor made for the idol. Now I will say on this, if Sam intentionally wanted to go down to leave Mark with two idols then I guess this might be okay.

Then the big move of the season, the idol theft. It didn't turn out that bad since nobody believed it when Jordie shared it, and now Mark is lined up to the end game with two idols. And obviously it was absolutely massive and very well played off, my concern about it is that i think it made it so Sam couldn't win, on top of it being so likely to be exposed. Jesse is a guy everyone called "The Kid" and i dont think you can screw him over that bad and not poison the jury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Sam was killing it individually and then upon joining up with Mark at merge, it was painful to watch as she had to cut all her strong ties and good relationships for his. I think that's why she made such a big move betraying Jesse so brutally, because she was repeatedly frustrated in not being able to influence the game in any other way for several votes before then. I feel bad for Jesse but as far as the theme goes, Blood vs Water is delivering in an incredible way, and yes, the synergy of Sam sacrificing for Mark is a next level play, and Sam was fantastic.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Listening to Shannon Guss on RHAP and they all don’t think Kj has the edit to win. If an episode aired this weekend I haven’t seen it, I’m up through e22 I guess, but man I’ve thought she had a winners edit since forever ago. Straight after the stuff with her sister where she got a lot of content she had that hokey Iron Lady bit after she got stolen by the other tribe even though she was just trapped at the bottom there. It’s unnecessary content like that that had alarm bells going off for me. So even though it’d seem like Mark Josh and Chrissy can keep it together here and make f3 I don’t see it happening. Especially ssince I’d expect Josh to win if he makes the end and he’s gotten uhh the opposite of unnecessary content. We’ve been missing necessary content on him

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

At the start of that tribal I actually thought Chrissy might win but no votes at all!! Wow. Well done to Mark, you could tell everyone really liked him and he played a strong game. Pretty incredible to see even Jesse and Jordie voted for him considering. He should've gone out at 5, KJ and Shay must be kicking themselves.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kind of unfair to be harsh on Chrissy, who was so secure all game through her social play and who then did strategically turn on Mark and Josh. That’s a good game!

Josh in particular was hard on her, I mean I get that she flipped on Mark at 5 unsuccessfully before he targeted her, but that was just the right move, and even then she blew that potential winning opportunity by not taking Josh out at the revote before he then targeted her the next round.

Good on Mark that at both 5 and 4 people banked on having his vote instead of the more gettable person. In addition to the women letting a f3 of all women slip through their fingers, Josh could have maybe had fire at 4 if he’d stayed with Chrissy.