Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Weka posted:

Tetr-OS
Access your files using tetris! No I don't know how it's supposed to work, send it to engineering, what do you think we pay those eggheads for? I want a demo by Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaILnmUYS_U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My uncle works at the os factory and I already have their brand new, experimental os that is ten years ahead of anything you can get

No you can't see it. They made me sign an nda

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like Windows 11. I also like Solus and Elementary for Linux distros, unironically. Also some others are pretty alright too.

It's me, I'm the bad computer person.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I like Windows 11.

mods???

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I used mint for awhile and that seemed pretty decent for just loving around.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I installed a Ubuntu partition on this computer but haven't used it yet. I like that one because I used to use Goobuntu for 2 years, the in house Google linux distro. So I was a little more used to it.

I don't know what to use it for. And no, I don't want to use it like that Dugger dude.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the next big operating system. something to take down the big two :daydreams:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
it's probably going to be windows

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
OS/69

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The next OS is the one coded by radium

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Chimneys

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Thanks Santa

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Outside of a specific technical hurdle, why would you not want windows 11? It’s extremely polished by having taken everything that made macOS nice but without having to use macOS. It’s great!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

LuckyCat posted:

The next OS is the one coded by radium

That’s just Android.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

sudo curl -X POST -F 'image=@/home/user/Pictures/hello.jpg'

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Nuts and Gum posted:

Outside of a specific technical hurdle, why would you not want windows 11? It’s extremely polished by having taken everything that made macOS nice but without having to use macOS. It’s great!

i love this forum because people will just wander in and drop the most unreal divorced from reality poo poo like this

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I agree lol at your post

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
GNU/HURD is coming

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
a fork of the gamecube menu where every side of the cube leads to content from the 6 remaining media companies

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Banned from SA
:yikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tUUIvD3z8w

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Mangosteen Pi OS

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I hope when they get to 12 they continue the trend of having more ad opportunities in the home version by forcing the desktop to be ads instead of pussyfooting around with local search and the start menu and the system settings or whatever it is this year

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

AssOS. The logon screen, desktop wallpaper and all drawer background pics are Goatse. This is not configurable.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Install Linux, problem solved.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

TenCentOs

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Every time I have to use a mac I want to destroy it. I cannot think of a single redeeming feature of macOS.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Weka posted:

Every time I have to use a mac I want to destroy it. I cannot think of a single redeeming feature of macOS.

It just works!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

nobody wants windows 11 so now would be a good time to release your OS that is good and works

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Zorin OS. It's just Linux for people frustrated with Windows.

You can even load an .exe file and it will give you the choice to use a native Linux version of it or just run it anyway through Wine.

It supports every type of Linux application out of the box too. If you like the look of ElementaryOS's applications they're all in flathub.

Don't use Arch-based distros, upgrading every library just breaks the system eventually. You can still run the latest versions of programs on stable distros using flatpaks.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whiskey Trot is a cool 3 bit portable OS. You can actually run the whole thing on an etched water gel battery and lcd screen without a printed circuit board. 8 days of power regardless of use.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Weka posted:

Mostly the nice animations and trackpad gestures and expose is what MS took from it, which were the only good things.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

windows is loving garbage

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

the newest OS that holds its own in the current Linux ecosystem is BigBeaver. Those devs really knew what they were shooting for, just a bunch of hairy 70's bush for icons, a nice flaccid penis for a pointer (it gets erect when you click!) and a very robust CLI interface.

git reset --hard "penis"

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

no pubes yet sorry posted:

the newest OS that holds its own in the current Linux ecosystem is BigBeaver. Those devs really knew what they were shooting for, just a bunch of hairy 70's bush for icons, a nice flaccid penis for a pointer (it gets erect when you click!) and a very robust CLI interface.

git reset --hard "penis"

the boner bone is literally called the “os penis” also humans are the only apes not to have one

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Why are all you nerds using computers, just use an iPad like a normal person

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Skeleton Ape posted:

Why are all you nerds using computers, just use an iPad like a normal person

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like Windows 10 and almost never have problems with it. :shrug:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

Pressing enter on a file renames it instead of opening it lmao

I have no idea how anyone uses that trash

They just added folder merging like a year ago hahahahhaha

quote:

The default folder-merge behavior in Mac OS X is to erase the existing folder, deleting all its files rather than offering to merge them intelligently. Windows and Linux file managers have offered folder-merging for decades, but Macs still don’t.

There’s a hidden merge option in the Finder, but it only works sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I have no idea how anyone uses that trash

When you're paying 10x for hardware to "look sleek", you're using a lot of sunk cost fallacy.