Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

The MX-5 race in the wet this evening was wild. If you all are sleeping on it, don't. They're racing again tomorrow at 10am

Big co-sign, very silly and good race. I believe it should be uploaded to the IMSA Youtube eventually, since you could stream it on IMSA TV anywhere (no geoblock) and the past MX-5 Cup races are there. Looking forward to this morning's.

I think it's pretty cool that everything IMSA and Indycar is on Peacock this year. I got the $5/mo with ads plan and they didn't serve me any ads during the Roar stream (and I had adblock off), so seems like a good deal. Will have to see if that's the same for TV broadcasts on Peacock (as long as it doesn't e.g. inject full-screen ads over picture-in-picture broadcast ads it seems like there's no point to going "ad-free").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

harperdc posted:

if the 'cock just gets the IMSA TV feed then that would be perfect for everyone.

this was not the case for the pilot challenge, which meant that I had to play IMSA Radio over the Peacock feed for decent commentary since the Peacock stream seemed like it spent literally half of its time in "commercial-free breaks" where there was no commentary (and I assume on TV there would be picture-in-picture ads). but, hey, at least there are no ads.

they also did like full-screen cuts to some commentary/interview desk, but I think they only did that once while the race was actually green

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

isn't the bathurst 12 hour the option for people who just want to do a one-off drive?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

The 6 hour fills that role more than anything these days

i forgot that was a thing! looking that up i found out the same organizers are running a "bathurst international" weekend nov 11-13 with a whole buncha races, so glad there's a bit more bathurst to watch before the 12 hour in february