Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looking forward to Daytona it's always a great race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Misc Racing - I gotta P

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Level of blue balls is killing me.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
No Peugot this year, which is not unexpected but still sad.

Next year still going to be amazing if we get there.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That loving rules.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jim Glickenhaus shut the gently caress up challenge

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

btw if you don't know what turismo carretera is, it's the most popular racing series in Argentina and also the oldest continuously operating racing series on the planet, having run since the 1930s

it's kinda like if mods had become the national series for NASCAR instead of stock cars, the cars are all very modified versions of 1960s sedan cars (this is an Argentine Ford Falcon). you might know it as "that series that keeps showing up in those compilations of massive crashes from South American racing series". also Norberto Fontana won the series once, and Norberto Fontana is cool.

also there were a bunch of weird things over the years, like the series having co-drivers until like 2010. or that they still raced on public roads on occasion until the late 90s.

They also have a track that's like, what if Indy had chicanes at the end of each straight and it kinda owns???

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This back to back Sebring 8 hours, 12 hours, seems like it would be a great event

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Spa Six Hours was fun, I watched the entire thing.

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Next weekend is the Bathurst 12 hour which is in a different spot this year due to restrictions over the summer. Because there is another gt race happening in France on the same weekend craft bamboo racing is the only international team coming along. The remainder of the field is locals and while Bathurst isn’t a big drive for me I’m kinda glad I didn’t get tickets this year.
As we are heading into winter here and their desire to finish at dusk the race starts at 5:15 local time giving them close to 2 hours of dark running early in the day.

That's a shame, it's usually a good race but that field is small, even with the locals.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
24 hour of the ring is always 10/10. Last year was settled in the last 40 min.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WHAT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Do you ever wish you could carjack one of the GT3s"
"Definitely. I mean, video games don't have that effect on people"

Loved the interview with the Rockstar Games guy, except they're evil and all that

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 28, 2022

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Dacia in the top-100! :toot:

With a spoiler.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Getting Hype for Le Mans.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What happened to the Penske/Panis duel?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hilariously Martin Brundle technically qualified as a Bronze driver now.

While it wasn't a classic Le Mans is always fun and I enjoy it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah, confirmed Jota running Porsche in LMDH next year.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Ferrari Hyper Car is a real tangible vehicle that exists in this world.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Cadi LMDh is now a real tangible car also.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The BMW LMDh is alive complete with WEC 2024 announcement.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also isn't Spa one of the races with the Festival on at the circuit, so they're probably off drinking wheat beer and dancing to EDM in the field next door.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Honestly same

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For people that live across the world, is it a possibility that a hurricane cancels the race?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

This weekend is the finale of the IMSA championships, in the form of Motul Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTa8bZAfjPQ

Enjoy some highlights of the 1998 race, where the Le Mans-winning Porsche 911 GT1 '98 took to the skies.

Also this video rules. Hodge podge 90s American Sports cars are so funny but also rule.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does the the track need to be Catagory 1? If so Australia doesn't have any permanent Cat 1 tracks.

Edit: I guess The Bend is Cat 2?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are people still burying cartons of beer to dig up on Raceday?

This is my favorite.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A real "iracing" start there.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bring back the Easter Weekend bike races.

Don't they were too dangerous 40 years ago

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1586450460520509440?t=mqSDrupnO7utqs05pvkKJA&s=19

Goddamn

Edit have any of the Euro Hypercar teams announced plans for Daytona or Sebring? Cos that would be wild.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys just taking a big sip from a glass of water and seeing what the long term plans for LMP2 are in the WEC...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I guess it seems so counter-intuitive to kill a really healthy category that pads out your grids. If they don't get the numbers in LMDh then it'll be silly with 10 protos and 40 gt3s.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Misc. Racing Thread 2023: Prescription H.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I haven't heard anything since the initial rumors but I am holding out hope for a Dodge badged Peugeot LMH with the splitter painted yellow

Viper GT3 car when.