Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Looks like Audi are gone, welcome to the slump period of the sportscar cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The other big story is Plato's team was stupid enough to take on F1 sponsor hall of famers Rich Energy as their main sponsor. It will be nice to have the Sunday afternoon soundtrack of an entire god drat day of racing on though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Is there any way to watch it in the US?
I think it's on Motortrend.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Someone's apparently drawn a penis in one of the gravel traps at the top of the mountain if you need reminding that this race is in Australia.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I thought they were waiting to put it in H.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The ACO knows who pays the bills.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Anime Liker posted:

This may sound stupid, but I've been playing the hell out of Gran Turismo and is there any racing league I could watch that's a similar premise, i.e. production model cars someone could feasibly purchase from a dealership?

Like supercars are neat and all, but I'd love to watch like Mustangs and Camaros and Aston Martins and just normal cars racing.

The term you want is "Improved Production", it's mostly a thing in Australia and is exactly that. Here's the moment that brought it to a lot of people's attention, a battle at Bathurst 2017 between a Holden Commodore and Honda Civic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N81cEqZEDVQ

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Brass Hand posted:

Hardly any spectators at Spa. Is that normal?

Tracks will often have way less spectator space for non-F1 races, even if they're popular. I remember hearing someone recently complain about how Silverstone won't open some of the major grandstands even if an event is sold out just so F1 weekend looks special.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

F1 apparently gave Kyalami a list of changes, which given that practically the entire track was renovated not that long ago probably means F1 is not going there regardless of how much Hamilton desperately wants it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Remember when Goodwood had a car flip into a spectator tunnel and they threw a tantrum over being told they should probably at least put a net over it? Something in the water in this country about racetrack tradition.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ohhyeah posted:

I was surfing the free set of D-tier channels on my Samsung TV when I found this European motorcycle racing where the guys were mostly just drifting the motorcycles around a dirt oval. What’s that about huh?

Speedway, big power bikes, no brakes, airbags around the track to catch people who crash, 4 laps, huge track evolution over the course of the event which is run as a knockout tournament. It rules. There’s also ice speedway which is the same thing but on ice ovals.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Some variation of Putting It In H has been the thread title for 3 years now, are we actually really putting it in H?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Add it to the list of baffling decisions the series has made as it scrambles against the reality that no-one really cares about it now all the big manufacturers are leaving.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If it’s anything like Villeneuve’s other attempts to drive in the modern day he’ll do 2 races and quit because he’s not good enough to win.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I enjoy the yearly tradition of Motorsport Games loving up their one big event.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah but Romain Grosjean said why are you complaining it's no different to having mechanical issues in a real race (Grosjean is a Motorsport Games shareholder and technical advisor) so I'm sure they'll all be back next year so long as the license checks keep somehow clearing and this remains the only legally permissible virtual Le Mans 24h. Lot of doubt over that part but MSG has been on the brink of bankruptcy for multiple years at this point and somehow still have the money to buy exclusivity for the Indycar license so who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kartkraft was an existing hot mess before MSG bought the devs and actually released it, so arguably that’s a positive result.