Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
One of the articles about this said they were aiming for GTE Am pace, in which case they would presumably be allowed to shed some of the NASCAR weight and maybe otherwise make it somewhat more of a regular left-AND-right turnin' racin' car for this special occasion. And supposedly the ACO pres says they'll need to run the 2024 hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

The Anime Liker posted:

This may sound stupid, but I've been playing the hell out of Gran Turismo and is there any racing league I could watch that's a similar premise, i.e. production model cars someone could feasibly purchase from a dealership?

Like supercars are neat and all, but I'd love to watch like Mustangs and Camaros and Aston Martins and just normal cars racing.

There is plenty of that going on, it just generally doesn't have a high profile because it is low budget weekend warrior stuff.

I.e., most of what the National Auto Sport Association sanctions involves near-stock production vehicles. Look at rules for their Camaro Mustang Challenge Racing Series, for instance. You can find plenty of videos of that and other NASA series (like the better known Spec Miata series) on YouTube. Their big annual race, the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, normally gets a proper broadcast-style treatment and is full of near-stock production cars spread across many classes.