Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Aston Martins have been having a rough time, there was that one that went sideways into one of the chicanes at Monza a couple weeks ago and flipped over when it hit one of the speed bumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Nice! I don’t have MotorTrend so I’ll probably watch when it’s on YouTube. I’m in the middle of nailing down plans with my family to take my dad to Le Mans next year.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Yeah aside from NASCAR and NHRA, endurance cars are some of the loudest racecars out there.

I was very surprised how quiet indycar was compared to IMSA

When WEC (or was it ALMS?) was at COTA a few years back I was surprised at how loud it was especially on the front straight between the grandstand and garages. It’s stops being a sound and is just noise at that point. Luckily I had some foam earplugs and some extras for my dad who didn’t bring anything. I don’t remember the V8 supercars being quite as loud.

Arcella fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 12, 2022

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The full Monza video was uploaded 2 weeks after the race.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I wish WEC would come to CotA, but I have always wanted to go to Sebring.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah we must have been at the last one, “Lone Star Le Mans” in 2016

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Anyone going to Le Mans this year? I thought tickets weren't going on sale until like December but the tour company we're going with told me they bought them already :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My dad always gripes that they hamstring the output of the Corvettes too much.