Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

marshalljim posted:

One of the articles about this said they were aiming for GTE Am pace, in which case they would presumably be allowed to shed some of the NASCAR weight and maybe otherwise make it somewhat more of a regular left-AND-right turnin' racin' car for this special occasion. And supposedly the ACO pres says they'll need to run the 2024 hybrid.

I mean its a downforce car with a huge undertray and sequential shift gearbox now, and the series runs 50% more road course races a year than the Asian Le Mans Series which somehow still gets guaranteed LeMans entries so. :shrug:

Cygni fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I think the loudest sportscars I remember were those 911 RSRs from a few years ago, the Mazda 787B, and those World Challenges CTS-Vs. Insanely loud.

The quietest for me is probably the Audi diesels. For all the jokes about the Sebring 12 hour with nine classes, but you gotta admit it made for some nice noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEBLDOeM7f4&t=82s

(Also this a great video to watch in the offseason if you are missing the track)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

It looks like nearly all the tickets are still available, you have to hit the "all tickets" button. Includes week long tickets, weekend tickets, etc. The only tickets that are sold out are the grandstand seats which lets be real, you prolly shouldnt get those anyway. Camping doesn't go on sale until Nov 29th.

Earlybird prices are through Feb 28th. A weekend "green" ticket is 75eu or 49eu with ACO membership. Not bad!

It is looking more and more likely that I'll be going this year too. :getin:

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/tickets/all-tickets

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

net work error posted:

I wish Toyota put together something for IMSA under the TRD brand. I think it'd be cool.

They’ve got a car in both GT classes, and ran a solo GrandAm program years ago. Could happen! Gotta think the mothership wouldn’t like the competition with their program tho