Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hate them they're boring as poo poo 90% of the time and almost always have the same theme. I would rather take a water level than a desert any day of the week. Oh let me guess snakes are going to be the enemy of the level? real original rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ice levels are pushing it there's only so many times sleigh bells can be used

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The sewers are okay as long as they are filled with The Mutants

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Walrus posted:

what about dessert levels op

Sonic Lost World was cute about it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

vandalism posted:

Desert levels own i will fight you

you will have to find me across 48 extremely similar and repetitive screens that are shuffled randomly every few moments because your [thirst gauge] is running low.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flint_Paper posted:

Ahh I'm just messing.

Are there any ice and desert levels you think are good? I genuinely think Ice Cap Zone and Sandopolis Zone from Sonic 3&K are pretty drat sick, and I remember there being some good ones in Mario 3/SMW, but in both cases I first played them as a kid, so I wonder how much of that has skewed my opinion on it.

Also, the music from Ice Cap is a loving bop, and the track it was based on slaps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8

lol Spec Ops: The Line is the ultimate desert level

It was mentioned in this thread actually but I really liked Journey. It was a good short and sweet game with real nice visuals and the movement was just really nice in general. Fond memories of it.

Outside that I honestly couldn't tell you one that I liked actual discussion wise- they really do all blend together in my head. Like the only one that kind of escapes that is Mario Odyssey and that's because they combined it with (funny enough) a ice level the first time you're there and that was pretty interesting just as a concept (and I liked the little skeleton dudes).

Ice Cap Zone does indeed own I can agree with that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Grevlek posted:

X levels are dumb, it's like can you picture one time in your life you were surrounded by X?

don't get me started with X planets

Samus agrees, she's nuked like two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nuebot posted:

What about swamp levels, OP?

How many pissed off fish are in the swamp water (or) how much of it is poisoned