Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
if vince buys TNA i might lol myself to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

GoonGPT posted:

Is George the Animal Steele a monster too or can I still remember him fondly?

He was a stooge, apparently.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
curse of TNA.... Vince buys TNA making TNA worse... the curse of TNA strikes again and Vince dies the day after leaving TNA even worse off somehow

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

It would be even funnier if he buys the NWA and turns The Funkasaurous into an unstoppable face monster like John Cena. Just imagine him wheezing and sweating his way through an endless barrage of awkward jobber stomps.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Stunt-Puffin posted:

It would be even funnier if he buys the NWA and turns The Funkasaurous into an unstoppable face monster like John Cena. Just imagine him wheezing and sweating his way through an endless barrage of awkward jobber stomps.

vince buying the NWA would bring things full circle

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I don't think Vince would buy a smaller promotion. He'd want to go national immediately and if Raw can't keep their TV deal then there's no way Vince will be able to get one for a new promotion

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Vince always wanted to make movies or do body building. He just did arestling because it waas his dad's business. If he does anything it will probably be another body building federation or a reality show about weight lifting. Maybe roller derby.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

We've all heard how poor Americans are brainwashed into seeing themselves as 'temporarily embarrassed millionaires' -- well Vince is the opposite, he's a millionaire, temporarily embarrassed.

Maybe he'd see buying the NWA and turning it against the company he was pushed out of as him "finishing the story?" He has A LOT of money to throw at anything that might alleviate some of his embarrassment, and he's got a strong enough work ethic to actually take on a project like this... Who knows what he's gonna do?

Vince McMahon's NWA, now streaming to the world on Twitter, the anything app.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The one piece of intellectual property that he buys for his new NWA, the Gooker.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Doesn't Vince already sort of co-own the NWA?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
He needs to bring back the AWA

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Szyznyk posted:

He was a stooge, apparently.

What's wrong with being a Curly impersonator?

Seriously though, compared to the type of 'monsters' that haunt the business (Vince, Grizzly Smith, Tom Billington if accounts from his ex-wife are credible, I guess you could say Chris Benoit though I'd argue he was only a 'monster' in the last week or so of his life when his brain finally broke into pieces and you have to committed acts over an extended period without arguable debate that brain damage played a role in your actions to be considered a true monster), and compared to Hulk Hogan loving over Jesse Ventura when he tried to get wrestlers to unionize, being a 'stooge' is almost freaking saintly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
benoit seemed to be an abusive rear end in a top hat even before he killed his family the CTE didnt help but i dont think he was really ever healthy when it came to wrestling or interacting with people

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

benoit seemed to be an abusive rear end in a top hat even before he killed his family the CTE didnt help but i dont think he was really ever healthy when it came to wrestling or interacting with people

you don't just do poo poo like that unless you're gonna, regardless of how broken your brain is from CTE. Junior Seau realized where he was going and shot himself in the heart instead.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yeah, he's reportedly always been "intense" at best. Doesn't make him a monster and hindsight is tricky, but then again he came up in a time when monstrous behavoir was largely ignored or even encouraged (e.g. wrestler's court).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
In general the mentally ill are vastly more likely to be dangers to themselves and/or victims of abuse and violence than the perpetrators. Indeed, it's generally only violent tendencies they already have and believe are justified that can get amplified or escalated by brain problems.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
benoit would repeatedly and willingly take unprotected chair shots to the head which even other wrestlers thought was stupid

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I think that if Vince buys anything it will be the USFL. I imagine he's still pretty butthurt about how badly the XFL failed (and failed again).

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

USFL merged with the XFL and it's owned by the Rock

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

he's going to buy the lingerie football league

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
He's gonna buy the Puppy Bowl and bring in Michael Vick as a trainer,

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
that time TNA brought on pacman jones after his suspension but he couldnt legally wrestle or really do anything so he just threw a football around

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that time TNA brought on pacman jones after his suspension but he couldnt legally wrestle or really do anything so he just threw a football around

did the football get any pins?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol at least when wcw brought in Kevin Greene to tag with McMichael he actually wrestled... sort of

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Karl Malone wrestler. I think. Perhaps against Dennis Rodman in a tag battle with Macho Man and someone else? DDP. All I remember is a spot where one of them got thrown in a porta potty and then the porta potty got rolled down a hill

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Trump Championship Wrestling

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Karl Malone wrestler. I think. Perhaps against Dennis Rodman in a tag battle with Macho Man and someone else? DDP. All I remember is a spot where one of them got thrown in a porta potty and then the porta potty got rolled down a hill

Dennis Rodman 'wrestled' three times, in the summer events of 1997, 1998, and 1999.

The first time, it was him and Hulk Hogan vs Lex Luger and Paul "The Giant" Wight.

The second time, it was again him and Hogan vs DDP and Karl Malone.

The last time, he was on his own and fought Macho Man. Surprisingly, it was RODMAN who ended up getting thrown into the port-a-potty; you'd think the wrestler would take the 'bad spot' to show how tough the much more famous and popular guest celebrity was.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Normally yes, but it's Rodman. He was into that poo poo.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Normally yes, but it's Rodman. He was into that poo poo.

He was also part of the greatest wrestling entrance to a promo ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHqBPw5HYDU&t=4s

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Cthulu Carl posted:

did the football get any pins?

Sadly, the Ironman Heavymetalweight champion was not present at the time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
pacman jones was also the tag team champion of TNA despite not being allowed to wrestle

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://v.redd.it/g39xumwu8cwc1

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rodman showed up at a WCW event before game 4 of the 1998 NBA Finals.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Rodman is not the only wrestler to have visited North Korea, but he has done the most diplomatic work.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Animal-Mother posted:

Rodman is not the only wrestler to have visited North Korea, but he has done the most diplomatic work.

Did Inoki work with the North Korean government at any point, or was that just Iraq under Saddam?

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Inoki was pretty much the person that spearheaded Collision in Korea.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
inoki ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

You ever ask a kid what they want to be when they grow up, and they say something like, "Either a veterinarian, a baseball player, or a lawyer. Oh, or an influencer!"

Inoki wonders what they're going to do with all that free time.