Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Stex T posted:

Prince M bin Salman of Saudi Arabia wanted to see Yokozuna at one of the Saudi WWE shows. Vince McMahon didn't have the heart to tell him that Yokozuna was long dead, so he hired a random sumo wrestler hoping the prince wouldn't notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N3oEoirC_Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Peggy Edson posted:

That was when Donald Trump "bought" Raw and ran a commercial free show.

lol Maybe Trump really will buy it and everything will be a shoot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I get the feeling Vince's death isn't gonna be a 'natural causes' thing, too.
His private jet will crash into the side of a mountain.
He'll be struck by a train.
Drown while swimming on a private beach and get taken out by a rip-tide.

It's going to be something oddly specific for him.

Heart attack from steroids.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I sincerely hope I never blow out one quad.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/randyjcruz/status/1355617648609021952

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Let's also remember that Vince's brilliant idea to replace the "Captain Jack" gimmick was to take the wrestler in question (Paul Birchill), and pair him up with a female wrestler (Katarina Waters), as a brother and sister who were having an incestuous relationship.

And that's not even the first time they did an incest angle!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

And that's not even the first time they did an incest angle!

Was it at least the first time they did it with people who weren't actually related? I can't remember.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Let us never forget the legend that is the Gobbledegooker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh00VNHNB7o

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jamesman posted:

Was it at least the first time they did it with people who weren't actually related? I can't remember.

Nope. Mosh from the Headbangers was repackaged as Beaver Cleavage and the gimmick implied he was having sex with his mom.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Vince is a huge shitheel, but lmao at his swagger

And that he passed that poo poo on to his son, Shane

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Jamesman posted:

IIRC, they haven't done an actual incest angle with actual family members yet, but there was at least one time Vince wanted to do one where Stephanie was pregnant, and it would be revealed that he was the father of her child. When she shot that down, his brilliant counter was that it would be her brother Shane that was the baby's father.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What ever happened to the xfl revival

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What ever happened to the xfl revival

Went almost as well as the first one.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Infidel Castro posted:

Nope. Mosh from the Headbangers was repackaged as Beaver Cleavage and the gimmick implied he was having sex with his mom.

And then he disavowed Beaver Cleavage and became regular guy Chaz. Then his mom revealed that she was actually his girlfriend and his whole gimmick was beating the poo poo out of her.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 28, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Let us never forget the legend that is the Gobbledegooker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh00VNHNB7o

Dang Vince made this character to get back at some jerky company after a sponsorship deal fell through, eventually driving them out of business by telling fans to stop eating there if they wanted the character out of wrestling.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The reason AEW beats WWE solely lies in the fact that AEW uses normal camera angles.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

gbs but from 2004 posted:

sorry for seriouspost but

Is this real? Who’s gonna inherit WWE now then? I thought for sure HHH was running things by now (I haven’t kept up with it)

Sydney Bottocks went over a bunch of it, but I might as well effort post it. Vince never stopped running WWE. Still, for many years, it was expected that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon would eventually get the keys once Vince... well, died, since that's the only way he's going to stop. Triple H has many problems -- he's an rear end in a top hat, a tremendous egomaniac and a racist -- but he at least seems like a comparatively sane human being and has an understanding of how wrestling has evolved. People can argue over whether it would be good, but Triple H running WWE as a whole would be a more coherent product.

There are also certain Vince McMahon yes-men who were absolutely hosed the moment Triple H would ascend, especially head director Kevin Dunn. So there was that to look forward to.

Triple H was in charge of the future of the company. Not only did he oversee the Performance Center (a training facility for rookie members of the roster) but NXT, the developmental brand. For a while, NXT was an hour-long show streaming on the WWE Network, taped four episodes at a time with 4-5 special PPV events a year. Not only was it a way for new wrestlers to figure themselves out on a smaller scale, but for veteran indie wrestlers to understand WWE's direction style. Triple H kept hiring popular wrestlers from the indies and other countries because it made him look good to the fans, the match quality of NXT shows went through the roof and it helped WWE deflate any chance of opposition.

It was basically a variation of how Vince destroyed the territories in the 80's. He even succeeded to some extent as the UK was in the midst of a new wrestling renaissance. Triple H started up NXT UK, they scooped up all the big names and the UK wrestling scene straight-up died. They were planning on doing NXT Japan before the pandemic happened.

The problem was that Vince still ran Raw and Smackdown and he never watched any NXT. That meant that when somebody had graduated from NXT and made it to the main roster with a fully-formed character and built-in fanbase, Vince didn't know what the gently caress. Triple H could tell him who they were and how great they were, but Vince made his own conclusions and their fate was a crapshoot. Sometimes Triple H was Andy at the end of Toy Story 3, telling Bonnie about how awesome and meaningful Woody is, only for him to wind up buried in the closet by the next movie. NXT wrestlers would be afraid of graduating because being a big fish in a small pond was a better fate than being booked as a loser virgin under Vince's rule.

Seriously, NXT had a can't-miss prospect who went to the main roster and was constantly made fun of for being a loser and a virgin.

But hey, this was temporary. One day, Triple H would be running things and NXT people would thrive on the main roster.

Wrestlers Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks were getting huge buzz and WWE was trying to sign them. It seemed like such a done deal that Vince, Triple H, Stephanie and Shane cut this big promo on TV about how they were going to start listening to the fans more as a prelude to them announcing the signings. Instead, at the eleventh hour, those three guys decided to be on the ground floor of AEW and see where that could take them. Not only did Vince look stupid, but he had potential opposition for the first time in 20 years. Triple H's "sign everyone" strategy had already become moot.

When AEW announced that they were getting a TV deal, WWE announced that NXT was also getting a TV deal. On the same night at the same time. They wanted to strangle this promotion in the crib. Vince and his people took more interest in NXT because they wanted their developmental show to crush the other promotion's main show. They threw everything they had and even got a couple wins here and there, but AEW dominated the Wednesday Night War. Eventually, NXT had to retreat and move to Tuesday nights.

Vince was PISSED and blamed it all on Triple H. Triple H was demoted and NXT was deemed a tremendous failure. Now it's run by Vince's yes-men with less emphasis on indie darlings and more on large, muscular guys with little experience and stupid gimmicks. Like one of their most prominent characters is a dude with the gimmick of "evil woke guy." But hey, making fun of millennials works on some level because while NXT ratings are in the garbage, the people who DO watch it skew to like 65 year old on average.

There was a video of Triple H at the Performance Center, talking up the changes that were going on and the dude looked just so defeated and sad. Then sometime after, he suffered some kind of heart attack. Word is that when recuperating, people were told not to call him up about anything involving the company's business. There have been very few pictures of him since and nobody seems to know what's up with him.

Meanwhile, the guy who has replaced him as Vince's righthand man is Nick Khan. Nick Khan gives no shits about wrestling or who's getting pushed or what storylines are going on. He just cares about the bottom line and has gone on multiple firing sprees. A lot of his victims are Triple H's guys. For instance, Khan fired Samoa Joe. Triple H ended up rehiring him (presumably for less money) and within a few months, Khan fired him AGAIN.

It's worth noting that WWE is firing all these people despite making record-breaking profits lately. It used to be that they were afraid of firing people because AEW could take them in, but now they're like, "Haha, they can't hire EVERYONE!"

The spite continues into some of Triple H's favorites from NXT. He spent like a year and a half pushing this guy Karrion Kross as this generation's Triple H and had him win the NXT championship while being undefeated. Kross -- as champion -- was called up to the main roster where he debuted by losing to Jeff Hardy in 3 minutes, being forced to wear the doofiest armor, losing some more, then being fired.

WWE is an utter mess right now held up by TV deals and Saudi blood money. Some say that they're maneuvering to sell. Some think they're just cutting the fat for the hell of it. If something happens to Vince, the company will probably end up in the hands of someone like Nick Khan, John Laurinaitis, Bruce Pritchard or whoever. But probably not Triple H. Not anymore. He probably would have made it a better show, but drat if it isn't great schadenfreude.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Actually the answer is "who cares".

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jim Neidhart cares.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Gavok posted:

Sydney Bottocks went over a bunch of it

hell yeah these 2 posts was the poo poo I was looking for. Hhh is racist?

Schweinhund posted:

It’s still real to me dammit! :bahgawd:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Schweinhund posted:

"EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE CHAPERONE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RAY BRADSTONE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME BANK ROBBER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE PEDIGREE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE LIFE OF A GETAWAY DRIVER. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE PERFORMANCE CENTER AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN PERFORMANCE CENTER CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND THE WWE UNIVERSE LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT." -Triple H

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Plenty of Fish profile pic spotted.

How has no one murdered Vince yet? He seems to make enemies of very large angry men a lot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Schweinhund posted:

gently caress you that was an awesome post.

Ever since he dumped Chyna, HHH's been a pure company stooge to me. Watching him get the keys to the kingdom yanked from him in such a way is... well it's almost It Was Me,Austin levels of :aaaaa:

Part of me does wonder what WWE would be like with Levesque at the helm. It's seemed strangely generic for a while.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Meanwhile Shane-o-Mac stares wistfully at the phone, waiting from Vince giving him a shot at saving the company...

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

Meanwhile Shane-o-Mac stares wistfully at the phone, waiting from Vince giving him a shot at saving the company...

Vince = DJT Sr
Triple H = Eric
Shane = DJT Jr
Stephanie = Ivanka

:aaaaa:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bogus Adventure posted:

i only ever watched wrestling back in the attitude era and drat, shane's looking old these days

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Shane was born in 1970 so our memories of him being the Greenwich badboy cast him in his late 20s.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

FilthyImp posted:

Shane was born in 1970 so our memories of him being the Greenwich badboy cast him in his late 20s.

Him and the Mean Street Posse.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Shane never needed to work very hard but he still said "I'm going to try and kill myself whenever I am within eyesight of a wrestling ring." and I gotta respect that.

I haven't watched wrestling since they got rid of the Spirit Squad, so the only real racist stuff I know about Triple H was the feud with Booker T that was depressingly true-to-life.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I sometimes feel like Wrestling (WWF in general) is one of those things where it really WAS better like 30+ years ago.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

wesleywillis posted:

I sometimes feel like Wrestling (WWF in general) is one of those things where it really WAS better like 30+ years ago.

It was.

https://youtu.be/8C4lK41SX-Q

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Big Beef City posted:

Went almost as well as the first one.

the actual football was supposedly better than the very poo poo play they had 20 years ago but yeah who actually watched it?

Then The Rock bought it for some reason and now it's dead again.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
didn't it not happen because of covid

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cubone posted:

didn't it not happen because of covid
Yeah it was like on the cusp of launching and then Rona killed it in its crib lol

Between that and Linda eating poo poo at the polls, it was a banner year for the MacMaHon family

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Vince isn't gonna die until the XFL is somewhat successful

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man, imagine if HHH was pissed enough to jump to AEW and the NXT became some shitass D-GenerationXT thing.

Last time someone was this much of a boy scout we got John Cena.a.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've been watching Smackdown for 30 minutes and no one has wrestled at all.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
UPDATE: Vince McMahon’s mother has passed away at the age of 101.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

UPDATE: Vince McMahon’s mother has passed away at the age of 101.

She's gonna burst out of undertakers coffin at summerslam and give Vince a heart attack