Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I kinda wish they just CGI'd a moustache on all on all the old footage.

Every instance of Vince replaced by Ed McMahon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The deal is finalized, and the name on the contract does say McMahon...

Crowd: Hiyooooo!!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The cloaked figure lifts his hood to reveal that Stone Cold just won the American Family Publishers Sweepstakes

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Cornwind Evil posted:

That's a misleading statement, to be pedantic. He didn't drop Shane on his head to get through the glass, he tried to belly to belly suplex toss Shane through what he THOUGHT was rigged glass and when it didn't break, Shane landed on his head. Watch Angle after it happens twice: he adjusts to try and catch Shane on the way down because he's clued in things have gone bad, and he abandons the idea of the suplex at the end and just throws Shane through the glass, which isn't much better but hey, heat of the moment.

That's a fair correction. In the course of events, there was unintentional but repeated dropping of Shane McMahon on his head.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Supreme Allah posted:

That's a fair correction. In the course of events, there was unintentional but repeated dropping of Shane McMahon on his head.

There were no clear long-term repercussions from this, medical or disciplinary.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

An actual damnatio memoriae on Vince in all wrestling IPs he's been involved in at this point would be the most entertainment I could ask for in years.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Replace vinces face with a very low quality 3 frame Vincememe.gif face.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

that blurred out image has been getting a lot of traction. It worries me because, for me, it crosses the uncanny valley. It looks like a still capture from RAW.
Maybe I'm old.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

From what I've been told he's only blurred when appearing with the female wrestlers and unblurred with the male wrestlers. I don't own the game so I can't test to verify

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Cornwind Evil posted:

Throw him through the glass? After ringing his bell severely at least twice, and probably hopped up on adrenaline? Yeah. Not surprised. Heat of the moment and brain damage don't lead to good decision making.

It's rough to watch, but yeah it looks like they both expected the thing to break easily for a normal back bump and then Shane told him to do it again. Angle, to his credit, got real close so maximum force was against the surface and he could catch him if it didn't go.

Warning on this, dude drops directly on his head, vertically, from about a foot up.

https://youtu.be/HB4qOI7xxn0?si=f3yKgJSrVxMmSAzA

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Kazuchika Okada debuted in AEW last night in the most amazing way possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gp22yN_8xU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Kazuchika Okada debuted in AEW last night in the most amazing way possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gp22yN_8xU

Lmao I missed that "The Elite got paid?" When I watched it last night

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I love the little subtle touches in this, like Matt and Nick putting Eddie's money in their pockets as they were leaving the ring

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

fallin1 posted:

From what I've been told he's only blurred when appearing with the female wrestlers and unblurred with the male wrestlers. I don't own the game so I can't test to verify

They should have replaced him with Steven Richards.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://people.com/former-congressional-candidate-daniel-rodimer-wanted-murder-charge-8605486

:catstare:

From Wikipedia:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Listen, I know IRS was a goofy Vince occupational gimmick. But nobody gives a gently caress about the US Express. Just put him in as IRS and swallow your pride.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Atlas DaBone

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A year in developmental doesn't make him a wwe personality, despite what Wikipedia claims. Him being a Nevada politician probably has as much to do with this.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 8, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A failed Nevada politician!

edit but honestly he was a big dude and he beat the poo poo out of someone for being sketchy around his kid, I understand how that can happen. Of course I also understand how beating the poo poo out of someone can lead to them being dead and then you're a murderer

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
They should incorporate corporate sponsorship into the ring characters. Like The DoorDasher or an Amazon Driver who's finishing move it that he unsafely drops you from 10ft up on to a hard surface.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/ripleylord/status/1765954692813582478

What a gimmick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bonzo posted:

They should incorporate corporate sponsorship into the ring characters. Like The DoorDasher or an Amazon Driver who's finishing move it that he unsafely drops you from 10ft up on to a hard surface.

There have been interesting things similar to this.

- Jim Steele wrestled in AJPW as Wolf Hawkfield, the Native American grappler from Virtua Fighter.

- TNA had a video game where you play as a masked wrestler named Suicide. The gimmick was then used in actual TNA with various wrestlers wearing the mask.

- WWE once taped a battle royal where everyone was dressed as Colonel Sanders.

- AEW has a title belt based around the Texas Chainsaw Massacre video game.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gavok posted:

- WWE once taped a battle royal where everyone was dressed as Colonel Sanders.

Please tell me there is footage of this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

David D. Davidson posted:

Please tell me there is footage of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1T1sJOcgCM

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Not available in my country. gently caress!!!!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Tiger Mask is a character based on a manga

also I think aew had a warcraft match, and of course the infamous Rick and Morty match

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

AEW had the Cracker Barrel Clash, which loving ruled.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

That is loving hilarious and I am now a Dom guy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Grendels Dad posted:

I am now a Dom guy.
goodnight everybody

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MrQwerty posted:

Ted Turner saved 220k hectares of land from being destroyed and developed into new Rio Ranchos in New Mexico and I am thankful for that

But he also cancelled Swat Kats so gently caress him

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ted Turner was right.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

AlmightyBob posted:

the infamous Rick and Morty match

I'm almost afraid to ask...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
SWAT Cats is copaganda

edit that was a joke, but apparently they were not cops, they were vigilantes despite the swat name and they fought the real cops, who were a dystopian militarized police force so actually I guess they were cool

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Baron von Eevl posted:

SWAT Cats is copaganda

edit that was a joke, but apparently they were not cops, they were vigilantes despite the swat name and they fought the real cops, who were a dystopian militarized police force so actually I guess they were cool

They WERE cops, but their idiot captain literally shot them down when they again literally had missiles locked onto a villain that they were trying to bring down, because HE wanted the glory of it, and then they crashed into some expensive building, and the captain failed to catch the bad guy, and he blamed them for both the bad guy getting away and the building getting destroyed which happened because he shot them down, and fired them and put them on the hook for repairs for the building, banishing them to work at the city's junkyard with garnished wages more or less for the rest of their lives. But they were such great mechanics that they built their own crime fighting plane and gear out of all the junk discarded at the dump and basically went back to their original job, except now they're not being paid and the police are actively trying to stop them from dealing with the city wrecking threats.

Plus, you know, it's a cartoon about anthropomorphized cats fighting giant monsters in a superplane, I think you're allowed to pretend this could be a world of better morals and that maybe not ACCAB. That's not a typo, BTW.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Bad Video Games posted:

Ted Turner was right.

always will be

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I remember when Hulk Hogan hosted a marathon of SWAT Kats on Cartoon Network on Independence Day, 1995.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask...

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

AEW also recently had the Like a Dragon: Gaiden Street Fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_dQ89iNi0

Sadly this video doesn't include the part where Takeshita hits Kenny and Jericho with a bicycle.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Germansimp posted:

AEW also recently had the Like a Dragon: Gaiden Street Fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_dQ89iNi0

Sadly this video doesn't include the part where Takeshita hits Kenny and Jericho with a bicycle.

When that match got announced I rolled my eyes so hard because of the blatant commercialization but then the match was actually awesome and I was happy