Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

snoremac posted:

Think I've thanked Gavok and Cornwind already but thanks for your write-ups. Wouldn't go out of my way to read about Ultimate Warrior since I know very little about him but your posts have me hooked. The early Undertaker stuff was great too, and Goldust.

Seconding (or whatever-ing) this. These write-ups aren't just informative, they're engaging as hell. Love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

FilthyImp posted:

Steroid abuse causes some interesting changes in the heart. It's why you see stuff like Arnie going I'm for a valve replacement or, well, *points at Hunter*

wasn't Schwarzenegger's about a bicuspid valve? Those can become an issue whether you've been on the juice or not, though obviously it doesn't help

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

God it just looks painful being that guy,imagine how bad a headache you’d get from being that loud and veiny in the head and neck 24/7.

i remember everybody going "wow he seems like he's, uh ... putting a lot of effort into just saying some stuff" during that monologue he gave on raw, then when his heart exploded the next day everyone was kinda like "mm yeah that's tragic but also it tracks"

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
do it Bob Dylan: I'm Not There style and have a different wrestler portraying vince at different junctures

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I loving loved Thunder in Paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Is that the standard in the NFL too? Sometimes hear about a player laying out a streaker, would make sense after that tennis stabbing not wanting to trust the intentions of random loons.

It happens now and then, but the players are undoubtedly told to let security handle it and generally that's what they'll do. Fun as it might be to blow up some drunk twenty-something doing a dumb thing, you don't wanna be the guy who lost out on a contract worth millions because you hosed up your shoulder making the stop. Just too easy for things to go super wrong. There was a linebacker in the Super Bowl, Greenlaw, who popped his Achilles just ... running back onto the field after a change of possession.