Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

X JAKK posted:

Sid Justice heard a loud noise and imploded into a singularity

I feel awful for him but goddamn this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Elephant Ambush posted:

The Attitude Era aged so poorly lol

There's something magical about ICP coming out to work a garbage tag match at wrestlemania and the entirety of the stadium going absolutely mental through the whole thing.

Those crowds were beautiful.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheSwizzler posted:

dang, sucks to be Regal.

He got what he wanted

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The current generation of wrestlers have their share of abhorrent pieces of poo poo, but it definitely feels like there are enough decent people in the industry that the lovely people are being kept to a minimum?

It still ain't great, but I think there's been comments made throughout the years by older wrestlers who are kinda surprised at the improvement.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dixie carter may very well be the dumbest person to have ever been in charge of a wrestling promotion which is no small feat because there are a lot of stupid people involved in wrestling

A trailblazer in the field, she's one in a million

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stone cold steve austin feuding with and tormenting no one for all of the 90's and the crowd cheers for him

Stone Cold brings a fake gun into a hospital for laughs

Edit: my bad the gun was from a different episode

Hey wait didn't Vince piss himself when Austin pulled the fake gun on him?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SirPhoebos posted:

HHH did a "racism wins" storyline.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
HHH was very good at making sure any loss he ever took had the minimum amount of shine lost on him, which I guess he had to be because his preferred style of pacing a match makes every HHH match slow and boring garbage.

I remember he fought in a handicap match against Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr that he lost, only to grab a mic and go "ughh hurrrrr that hurt but hey before you celebrate kicking my rear end I'm putting DX back together again" and buddy, the hole underneath Legacy was dug in record time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If that match is non-title then gently caress off

Lmao they're trying to outdumb their own booking, dig up stupid!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still have my Zack Ryder headband. Wore it when he won the intercontinental title in Dallas. I am beyond relieved he's made chicken salad out of the chicken poo poo the WWE tried to do to his career.

Not sure I'd have ever have pegged him for a deathmatch guy but hey, whatever it takes I guess!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hulk Hogan played "Thunderlips" and that will never stop being funny to me

definitely wanted his super boat from Thunder in Paradise though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toaster Beef posted:

I loving loved Thunder in Paradise

Coolest boat I've ever seen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish every match were sponsored by the Like A Dragon franchise

Every. Single. One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So wait his Titantron is just his name, him twisting back and forth and Ric Flair looking on like a disappointed dad? What????

David Flair didn't have "it."