Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yes it is interesting how a human being born in 1945 can appear to have aged noticeably over time, especially when you see them regularly on television and have previous memories of them not appearing as old as they are currently.

You've really stumbled across something here. Thank you so much for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

verbal enema posted:

e: not a video of Hunk Mode just a video of him wrestling Gangrel who also owned

Lol thinking about when Edge and Christian were Gangrel's underlings and they all drank blood and were Vampires because that was peak early/mid 90's Vampire the Masquerade/Vampire Movie Culture times etc and then after Edge and Christian those deep dark goth vampires split from Gangrel they became dopey as poo poo surfer dudes that completely owned and were my favorite wrestlers for a long rear end time. :)

"...For those with benefit of flash photography..." *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* lmao

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I get the feeling Vince's death isn't gonna be a 'natural causes' thing, too.
His private jet will crash into the side of a mountain.
He'll be struck by a train.
Drown while swimming on a private beach and get taken out by a rip-tide.

It's going to be something oddly specific for him.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What ever happened to the xfl revival

Went almost as well as the first one.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

UPDATE: Vince McMahon’s mother has passed away at the age of 101.

She's gonna burst out of undertakers coffin at summerslam and give Vince a heart attack

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was never a giant Angle fan, but I have to give him his absolute props for really embracing his 'dorky heel' persona for a lot of his run. He transitioned pretty drat well into that character given how...uh...other former 'real' athletes tend to do (no I'm not knocking wrestlers as athletes, it's just that ... whatever you understand he wasn't a pro baller, but was still a traditional athlete first, whatever).

I never liked when they had him go on his fits of rage and stuff. Like he was usually this doofus nerd that tried to play himself as a tough dude in character and excelled at it, and then all of a sudden he'd 'roid out and just whip rear end on someone backstage and storm around for a while, and it's like ...why dude. Obviously that's the script and all it just never really seemed to fit him

e: also the milk truck thing would have been funny like, twice. But no it's WWE so run that poo poo into the ground for about a century or two.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 7, 2022

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Is that for real?

I want to say that at one point a LONG time ago I seem to recall hearing that he had been when young and maybe had some racist ink, but that he later recanted all that and had that covered up? I could also be totally misremembering that or mistaking him for someone else.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Val being messed in the head isn't, ah, surprising

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

There's wrestling on TV tonight at 7pm. Monday Night Raw. I haven't watched wrestling in decades and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm sure I'll think it's incredibly stupid but eh, whatever.

Same here and I know it's gonna be awful but if you this I'll join you since I'm home alone and bored as hell

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's like a whole bonus episode of Jeopardy I'm very impressed

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I watched AEW last night and found it entirely watchable. Probably not enough to get back into wrestling again. But overall? Pretty good.
Good matches even if they were under-mid cards.
Really enjoyed the banter between the commentators as previously mentioned.

Flipped to WWE when that was over, since it was still on.

Saw creepy Harley Quinn fan service girl talking to a sexual predator 'therapist' trying to make her give up her mini-me doll and it grossed me out too much to keep watching. (To the goon who said 'tell me why I shouldn't be in love [with this character]' loving gross is why.

Tuned back in a bit later for one of the more main events between two people I didn't recognize. Was going on for a while but they were wrestling well. So obviously the best thing that WWE could do was mute the match and do the side-by-side commercial thing while still streaming the match on one half the screen while streaming commercials on the other.

Except they streamed 8 loving commercials in a row for 7-9 minutes (I lost track it was so long). They just kept going while the match obviously stalled, and stalled, and STALLED on the PIP. Holy loving poo poo. Just terrible garbage. Like, I had and have no intention of keeping up with WWE and knew IN ADVANCE that this was going to be garbage. I figured it would be 'Wow this poo poo sucks lol' style garbage, not 'I'm actually offended by being shown this what in the gently caress' style stuff. Incredible.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

pretty soft girl posted:

I was having a discussion with some friends about 90s wrestling (which theyre in the process of teaching me about) and when the topic of golddust came up I went hey-wait-a-minute and just did a google image search of fist of the north star bad guys

There's an alternate universe where Gary Daniels punched Dusty Rhodes until his head explodes in the live action adaptation and I'm upset we don't live in that universe

As much as you love anime or whatever, a guy having long blonde hair does not make them a comparison. Is he also He-man? Every other 80's wrestler with blonde hair? No.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Kurt Angle is a loving legend, and I love him so much. He entered pro wrestling at just the perfect time because he was the ultimate foil for the Attitude Era type of antihero. I will always chant "You Suck" whenever I hear Angle's theme, but in my heart I know he is the greatest.

Him riding that loving milk truck down to the ring with fire hose cannons on it still stands out to me as one of the most eye-rollingly 'lol you're making GBS threads me, come ON' stupidly funny moments I've had watching wrestling.
I wasn't even an Angle fan, nor did I think the bit was that great at the time, but that memory still stands out to me all these years later more than so many others just BECAUSE.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/kurt-angle-uses-milk-truck-to-soak-the-alliance Skip to about :45.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

As hosed up as this obviously is, I like how E&C come out of this thinking "we ended up nearly huddled together on the couch in terror and therefor it was possibly his way of getting us back together....and it worked. hosed up, man."
Like Vince terror-coastered them back into a relationship.