Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks to this thread I decided to check out AEW tonight. I haven't watched wrestling since about '93, but it was ok. Not having a single clue who anyone was didn't help much, but the title match with Darby was fun. Also holy poo poo, how is Sting still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't know poo poo about nothing, but AEW has gotten me excited about wrestling for the first time since the Undertaker debut. If it crashes then so be it but I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

holy crap that’s a promo and a half. I actually kind of want to see this match now.

The follow up really clenches it.

https://youtu.be/2jz4WaYHDVU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

He threw a blood clot following surgery and was wracked with 3 heart attacks before being put on life support.

Like I know your schtik is lovely smark but put it in the box for a bit, you gently caress.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

John Cena has also been quoted as being happy with this arrangement since he credits Vince for his success.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

John Cena had also said that he hates Serbia. Because he is Albanian.

I never said he was good or intelligent, just that he seems happy to give money to Vince.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I started watching AEW just after Cody left, and I'm thankful for it. Everything I've heard about the Codyverse makes me happy to have never seen it.

Some of the things that have happened have been questionable. It's been rumored the current Sammy and Tay storyline was supposed to be for Cody and Brandi, and it sucks. The sooner it's dropped the better.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A decade ago John Goodman could have played him in a movie. Not sure who could pull it off now.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

fatherboxx posted:

CM Henderson managed to have the worst and most pathetic wrestling self-implosion in a year when Vince was forced to resign from creative.

Lol, lmao

Phil Henderson. Crippled Man is his stage name.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

It's weird remembering how Pentagon was The Man in Lucha Underground but now in AEW he is only A Guy.

He's 1/3 of the trios champions, is in a best of 7 feud with one of the best trios team of the past decade, and gets some of the biggest pops on the roster. He's much more than A Guy.

They do need to put him in more singles matches. And bring back the Penta Says promos. That poo poo was fire.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Nic will do anything for a paycheck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

79 is a good run for anybody, especially Terry Funk. RIP

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sting is 65 and still diving 20 feet onto wrestlers. It's great.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

-1 grew up quick.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I stopped watching wrestling in the 90's and only got back into it in February of last year with AEW. I actually liked Punk during his feud with MJF, but he slid downhill after that fast. I stopped watching again in November of last year, and it's extremely funny that he just can't go 5 months without causing drama.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Undead Funk would kill Flair.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Orange Cassidy is appointment television. He rules.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I seem to remember there were rumors Cody didn't like Punk, and that was part of his reasoning for leaving.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Could Terry Bollea ever actually wrestle? I was born in the 80s, so I only ever knew him as the WWF champ. All he ever did was pump himself up and do lovely leg drops, which was great for a 6 year old.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

IDK why people keep making stupid jokes about Punk going to TNA. They can't afford him and he won't lower himself to work for such a small company anyway

It's his only remaining option to be a professional wrestler without going deep into the indies.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, 78 year old millionaire forced into retirement isn't a huge consequence.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The worse part about this is there's no real justice to be had here. Vince has been doing this poo poo for probably 60 years or more of his life. Some sort of restitution can be had for the victims, even post mortem, but there's no jail time or life sentence or any other punishment which can in any way atone for the half century plus of abuse. Plus, how many of his cronies are doing the same or worse and just flying under the radar? It's horrible all around.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Time_pants posted:

Sorry, I'm just going to ask an obvious question: why are we talking about Vince McMahon getting his job back and not a criminal investigation?

Because he's never dealt with any consequences for his actions for the past 40+ years. And even if he does deal with any consequences, it's an easy bet they'll be meaningless and short. Same as every other rich white criminal in this country.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm happy he hurt himself losing to Dusty's kid.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

All he's done since coming back to wrestling is get injured and act like a giant baby. I've only ever known Punk through AEW and he's only ever come off like a giant douche.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Do you think most people saw the headline scroll by and think it’s just another creep in entertainment issue, or take it less seriously because it’s Vince? I wonder how many fans figure it’s a he said/she said issue and shrug it off because they’re unaware of how horrid the details are? WSJ repeated some pretty intense stuff but is the average US news source doing that? I’m not trying to excuse peoples’ ignorance or implying WWE fans are unintelligent, but media literacy is at an all time low. How many people are just letting very basic info and their love of the product guide their opinions when if they knew the details they’d be horrified?

Let's be real here. The average fan probably just doesn't care. They'd probably continue to not care even if there was video evidence broadcast at Wrestlemania. With a side helping of "she probably liked it" or something similar, because that's usually true in almost every sex crime. People are really good at not giving a poo poo about atrocious things that happen to women unless it happens to someone they actually know.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Monica Bellucci posted:

As an anecdote, a friend of mine - teetering on the brink of getting severed - mansplained to me, ignored my pointing out repeatedly that I read the entire loving complaint, that HHH and Stephanie were gonna clean it all up because Vince was standing in the way and Stephanie left because she had enough and no-one knows who this woman is or how she knew Vince so we can't really comment on anything and she took the money, all four million of it. I mean she could be anybody saying anything and nah it wasn't Brock, I mean, it could be [Dude I have never heard of] and Triple H is gonna clean the place up I mean he was in charge of NXT and no you can't say anything about Vince because presumed innocence she's just some nobody woman and William Regal is friends with Paul so your problem is you've always been judgmental and just see things in black and white and ropierohiproip pr hpoa pojaer poprgjohpar gpo argjoprg

So there you have it, human trafficking and rape and gang rape are things you should view in shades of grey, you judgmental fucks.

Before anyone asks, we were in public so I did not punch his lights out. Probably will though.

Sounds like an rear end. Sorry you had to lose a friend over this.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

People liked Kevin Nash because he was smart enough to con the carnies he worked for.

If he's defending Vince, then I'm sure the number of his fans will decrease slightly.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The really sad part about QT is that he's basically Eddie Kingston without any charisma. He's just a guy.

But also, he's been on TV a lot and made a decent chunk of change in the business. He'll never be a star, but he's a success by any reasonable metric.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only WWE PPV we ever paid for was Summerslam 90 or 91. I think? It was Undertaker's debut match where he destroyed Hogan so Hulk could go make some lovely movie. I was such a mark and a Hulkamaniac that I thought that poo poo was real and stopped watching halfway through the match. My mom never bothered to buy me another PPV after that, and I stopped watching a few years later when Hulk left for WCW.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looking back, I wish it had been.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A year in developmental doesn't make him a wwe personality, despite what Wikipedia claims. Him being a Nevada politician probably has as much to do with this.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 8, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ted Turner was right.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

He wouldn't get this endorsement in AEW.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

He appeared on AEW a couple of times. I thought he was funny, but I don't know anything about him.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

Christopher Daniels was like 12 at the time. Did you mean someone else?

He was 20. Dunno if he was in WWE at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wasn't that a guerrero in the suit?

Eddie's brother, Hector.