Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Cat Hatter posted:

-Orange Cassidy existing.

I just have so many other things to watch and no TNT. But women's wrestling is what got me back into WWE for a few years and my wife and I agreed a while back that if one of "The Four Horsewomen of NXT", Asuka, or Naomi went to AEW we'd start watching.

I love AEW and I watch every show every week. I only say that up front because as a big fan, I think it'll take a lot more than just Mercedes being on the show to make their women's division any more than mid. They've got a lot of fantastic talent but TK isn't doing aew justice from that side IMO. (apparently RoH is killing it in the women's division so you may want to consider checking that out, esp if you're an NXT Gold fan. I hear it's comparable)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Sometimes you gotta be the change you want to see in this world, Cat Hatter.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Super Dan posted:

I believe AEW is only available on Fite outside of the US. You could maybe get around this with a VPN, but I don't know if that counts as a legal way to do it.

VPN & AEW+ on Fite is how I do it and convince myself it's perfectly legal

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Shoulda won Punk's stupid fake belt because of it if you ask me.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Stunt-Puffin posted:

I'm glad Sting had a fun banger of a last match.

But was he truly the last active wrestler who'd started in the 80's? Was that match the undeniable end of the 80's wrestling era?

Dustin Rhodes had his first match in '88 (according to Wikipedia)

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Gavok posted:

Even dumber than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre match or the Rick and Morty thing was when AEW was sponsored by Shazam: Fury of the Gods.

AEW had the All-Atlantic Championship, which at the time was meant to be for foreign wrestlers to defend in other countries. Worked great for Pac, but then Orange Cassidy won it. Between the title being a mouthful and it no longer being about defending it in other countries, they did a segment where thanks to Shazam: Fury of the Gods, the title belt was magically transformed into the International Championship.

We call that "cinema" around here

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I'll write something up this evening. As someone who loves both wrestling and comic book poo poo, especially when it all goes wrong, it's pretty great stuff.

Fuggin love how anyone could be like "can someone explain this topic tangentially related to wrasslin" and like clockwork Gavok comes in to drop knowledge bombs. You rule, Gavok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I'd probably vote for him no cap