Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

more

these stories rule

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

vince mcmahon

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

good decision imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzg0n93AaGo

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Weka posted:

Dang that Letterman baby was named Shawn Michael

a future lady wrestler, perhaps???

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Time_pants posted:

It has been won by a ladder, by a team of three elementary school girls, Vince McMahon's Hollywood Walk of Fame star, and belt has even won itself on multiple occasions. The title has changed hands in a dream

its still real to me, drat it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i like to read about wrestling as if it's dispatches from the war

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ask vince if it's his tuxedo

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*through the looking glass into wrestlers of 2025*

Zombie McMahon
Gig Job (hes an uber driver when hes not wrestling)
MR NFT (nice f'in torso)
The Glitch from Wreck-it Ralph
Transformer (form of: ringside stairs)
Septuple H
January 6 6 6 (it's a paroled capitol insurrectionist, with an axe to grind!!!!)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Jamesman posted:

The Spirit Squad

anxiously waiting to hear about these ghosts

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

also twelve million blows to the head

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

they think im a mark but i can imagine them kissing in my head (rent free)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

Take a wild guess who got the moon push.

THE WRONG CHICO

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

why don't you put your false teeth in backwards and eat yourself to death, lmfao

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i could kick hulk hogans rear end

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

shadow puppet of a posted:

AEW was openly founded as a $100 million dollar flight of fancy for Shad Khan's son to so Shad could get to see him enjoy some of his inheritance while he is still alive, which is actually money stolen from the time clocks of Flex n Gate shift workers but nobody, not even Moral Strongmen like CM Punk give a poo poo about that. its allegedly profitable if you entirely remove a ~$10m retro aka low poly ugly aki-style video game they are developing entirely with the oversight of inexperienced wrestling people. Its hard to believe, but they are taking in money from TBS/TNT and run old school ppv with excellent buyrates for 2020, but at least half of that ppv money they never see a dime of. They have some merch. But their roster costs are believed to be enormous., and the "we break even if... " announcement was made before some big hires debuted.

From a dispassionate perspective its being run for a rich kids amusement and he hasn't show much acumen outside of leveraging an NFL connection into paid major cable TV time and then locking down the young bucks to long term contracts because their personal fan base will follow them anywhere, any time, forever, and pay up handsomely out of their collective weed dealer incomes to do it.

Outside of that he's been a liability magnet that I'm genuinely shocked he hasnt been wrung out of what remains of the $100m startup funding for lots of potential issues like lovely pyro oversight, ignoring covid entirely (unless John Huber really did die of an abscess tooth that done crept into his lungs), ignoring lots of obvious roid use and visibly alcoholic wrestlers, zero wellness policy, lots of unsafe hardcore wrestling, lots of spots landing in the front row crowd, very awkward lingering hugs to his employees because just one of them needs to feel tony's bulge get engorged for that to become sueable.

Its a fascinating show and the stories that come out once tony is sued out of existence. get fentayled by accident by his supplier, gets outed and flees, gets sued by a smart attorney that can convince Big Swole to take up a public discrimination case and lets tony ruin himself in the court of public opinion on twitter, a fed up Fullham fan chivs him to death, or whatever else it is that ultimately destroys AEW within the next 2-6 years. Because to finally answer your question, no its not a real business that can survive outside of Tony Khan's booker fantasies and locker room with the boys wet dreams.

easy to talk poo poo on vince all day but at least that man knows when to start doing massive amounts of cocaine and hgh so that he can just become his own talent when needed rather than get horny on ma[i]n

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

when sheik was at the toronto international film festival i tried to go meet him so i could hear how much of a jabroni hulk hogan was in real life

when i got there it was like 6pm and i asked the staff "where's sheik?"

they were like "oh hes' really old, lol. he went to sleep."

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i for one demand a professional and etiquette-first sports entertainment mania league

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

just cage match and gently caress already, you two

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yea he was, he's a great courtside reporter. extremely funny deadpan.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*goldust spot*

vince: well. i dont know about that.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i want to know how you feed that many musclemen

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh my gosh, no i dont, no i dont, just kidding

please dont put on a new page that i want to know how to feed that many musclemen

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thats mac's mom from it's always sunny

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

mr mcmahon vs bret hart cage match 2022 lets go

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

vince mcmahon is an event planner
(and he's a really good event planner)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

papa shango made ultimate warrior have seizures and vomit green goo so he owns

terrified me as a child

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i picked up wrestling empire on steam, its a goddamn shitshow

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the honkey donkey man

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

he's marking the mark with a marker.... next level stuff... you wouldnt understand

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

here's a fun challenge: come up with a decent wrestling gimmick in tyool 2022

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i knew this would work

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hollywood hogan

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

There's a list floating around of Hogan's biggest lies and if I can find it I'll post it

yea, wikipedia

Billed height 6 ft 7 in (201 cm)[4]
Billed weight 302 lb (137 kg)[4]

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am hulk horgan

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

william shatner - the end (doors cover).mp3

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

posting this cause it'll come true and i'll seem like a genius

marvel's wwe

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

What in the hell?

“I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the Special Committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation. I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are,” said Mr. McMahon.

it's over folks.
they're going to kill mr mcmahon on screen. for real this time.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so what happened on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

What a big nothing-burger. He did this just to pull in ratings, which is what I would expect from Vince imho.

rated 1