Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Well, yesterday's game jam deadline has come and gone, with still no Byob game completed. That's okay though, progress is chugging along. We have a main character now!

Thanks so much to everyone who has posted awesome new content in the past couple days! I will need to tweak a bit of it to better suit the tone I'm going for, but I plan to include everything! That said, you all can probably cool it on the submissions for a bit, at least until I work in everything that has already been submitted. Perhaps in a week, I'll release a mostly-complete version of the game for you all to try, and then you'll get a sense of what I'm going for here.

In case it's not clear, I'm having an absolute blast with this. Nothing is more fun than this kind of project for me. It's been too long since the last time we did this together. Thank you, thank you, to everyone who is participating.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

Okay here is chapter 1 of the game! Featuring a beginning, and ending, as well as 7 monsters to capture. Wow!

https://blaise-rascal.itch.io/byobemon

password is yob

Interested to hear feedback...

Ass-penny

I failed to catch the snek but I caught the other six. it made me laugh! I liked the dialogue options and I failed the second level of the advice off twice and narrowed it down to the only option. I'm glad dude kept letting me try

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

blaise rascal

rear end-penny posted:

I failed to catch the snek but I caught the other six. it made me laugh! I liked the dialogue options and I failed the second level of the advice off twice and narrowed it down to the only option. I'm glad dude kept letting me try
Fun fact: You can still win the game from the situation you're in. (In fact, it's impossible to get into a state where you can't win.)

Ass-penny

Yeah no, I figured out how to, uh, rectify not catching that one pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Love it, I caught all the monsters in the byodedex!