Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I've tried to get into the podcast and never could, and I watched these episodes and I quite liked them! They feel very self-aware and tropey and, sure, stereotypical in many ways, but, I do like that there are hints of more meaningful character stuff to come, which will hopefully all be worthwhile. In the meantime, kinda just like seeing D&D stuff on a show where, I dunno, Tiamat might come onscreen and you can be like "ooh! It's Tiamat!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I do sort of hope that the show doesn't become too much less self-referential and tropey. Part of the fun so far is to see a lot of these gamey conventions onscreen like clutch Barbarian Rage and also "yeah this guy is obviously a vampire. Just, clearly so much a vampire."

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I think I'm a little confused as to certain technical aspects of the Scanlan stuff. Why couldn't he summon the hand to float off the roof as soon as he was trapped up there? Was the crotch laser supposed to be Lightning Bolt? Why wouldn't he just always use it?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Dexo posted:

He has been trying and failing at using his lightning magic the entire series. It just worked this time.
Do you mean during the podcast? 'Cuz this definitely wasn't shown in the show.

Like, the whole thing is that I do know how this is all supposed to work mechanically, which is why I was confused here at why they were acting like he didn't have powerful options at his disposal when he did. Bards are the most OP class!

(The main thing I was confused at was why he didn't just Hand float down the roof, when the Hand thing was the thing he's been doing the most in this series, so I was like "oh he must be out of spell slots," but then a minute later he just did it anyway like it was nothing. Did he just...forget earlier?)

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 12, 2022