Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Philthy posted:

I'm loving this, but I am upset they're rushing through everything so quick and missing a lot of great content. It's so popular they could do this as a One Piece and go for decades with it. It's already written, there isn't a reason to have tiny quick seasons anymore. Do it justice and flesh it all out perfectly.

FWIW, this season was created as a part of the original order than included season one.

But also, Amazon is pretty fickle and changes its content strategy very regularly. They commissioned about six different YA shows about two years back and then backtracked and cancelled them all. I wouldn't bet any money on this show having a long shelf life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Maybe I missed it because I stopped halfway through (no particular reason), and just finished it but Who was the lady making a deal with the dragon? or am I not supposed to know yet?

She's the scientist from last season with the lopped off arm, who's back again for reasons (the reason is that she's evil). Ripley.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Robobot posted:

Eh, this season didn’t really do it for me. I think splitting Vex/ax, Percy, and Keylith off from the entertaining characters made a good chunk of the season boring for me. I just really don’t find their characters entertaining/interesting.

I honestly thought they should have pushed the separation further; the series has always had structural and tonal problems (which was always going to be a problem given that tabletop isn't overly given over to tonal consistency) but cutting between the two plots within the same episode was a fairly bad idea. I think it'd have been better to separate the two plots by episode.

tbh I thought the last season handled tone / plot a lot better than this one.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Why would you explain the stream to people, presumably under the assumption that they're not familiar the stream like I am not, and then include unmarked spoilers? :negative:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

It's a D&D campaign, I don't really consider it spoilers that people die and get rezzed? In fact I specifically said that a lot of those deaths probably won't happen in the show. I didn't specify which ones they'll likely keep, where they are, why they're important, or anything like that.

CuwiKhons posted:

Just for the record, in the stream, every single member of the party died at least once, some of them several times, and only one was ever permanent. In their effort to make the world building a little more believable and high stakes, I'm guessing we'll only ever see 4-5 of those deaths at max (including Vex's death and the permanent one).