Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Agaragon posted:

Yeah, Sam Riegel is, and I mean this as a compliment, a menace to society that refuses to be stopped.

I got to see them live and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RPUQ8K4dI

I cannot express how awesome the experience was. Every single person was on the edge of their seat for the huge fight and they almost wiped. You could feel the tension. They technically should have wiped because someone lost count of their ki points. But, ya know, rule of cool wins out every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They weren't fully licensed when the Tal'Dorei book came out, so they ceased publication and now it's worth a pile. They have been since, as far as I have heard, fully licensed for their products going forward, including the newest book and anything in the future. The show itself included. Otherwise, we'd hear Grog wanting to "get angry" instead of rage. Or Scanlan casting "purple hand" instead of "Bigby's Hand" etc.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Is Keyleth's Wind Walk mishap in the Briarwood arc? I kinda want to see that animated.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He played his character well, and was fun to watch. However, he did try to bend rules in his favor for literally everything. Much like the rest of the cast were doing with their abilities and spells, but he actually knew drat well he couldn't do this or that but tried it anyway. When things worked out, it was great to watch. He was also HIV positive and got cancer while on the series, which likely contributed to his what the gently caress moments. Anxiety and stress, and even PTSD is a huge thing with these illnesses. Generally you get offered mental help when you have these types of issues. He was in rough shape and you get to see this in the series. He went too far and they booted him. He appears to be pretty successful today still doing a lot of voice work, traveling the world, and best of all, being happy.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, they could do the vestiges of divergence as a season on it's own. The Deathwalker's Ward sequence needs to be told.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
These episodes are so good. It simply keeps getting better and better.

I hope Amazon funds hundreds of episodes, cuz goddamn.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

NowonSA posted:

It should be a fun final stretch here. My only real criticism of the show is that while the overall animation quality isn't bad, it's pretty clear where they cut some corners and they definitely took every chance they could get to have a character in the frame but not moving. Animation's real expensive and tough though, so it's still coming across much better than I expected it to.

Watching the watch-alongs it's coming across as annoying in a lot aspects. How they were happy Trinket isn't on screen because a bear is the hardest thing to animate ever apparently. Guess what, he's also the mascot of the group, and beloved by all. Better get used to animating a loving bear, because you're going to get poo poo all over if you simply stop showing him. Do they need more money to animate? Because guess what, they HAVE MORE MONEY.

Everything used to be hand drawn, maybe go back to doing that. Stay off my lawn.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 11, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

I'm embarrassed by how hyped I got when Percy broke out Bad News against that giant.

Bad News is no joke. The fact he rolls so many crits, it turns it into a nuke launching bazooka.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I wouldn't worry about it. If they get canceled, Critrers will fund this show until the day they all die. It just might be on Netflix, or IMDB, or Apple, or whatever random dumb streaming service is around unless they make their own. It's not going away until we have 1000 episodes.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They could pull the Underdark arc off without Orion pretty well, I think. I believe it was mainly dwarves and mind flayers mostly. The bed making GBS threads shenanigans began there. Clarota would be cool to see.

But they do have plenty to animate already, and the current arc leads into like 40 more seasons, so

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Great series. I was curious if they were going to extend the battles a bit, and they certainly did. A pile of crits and walking away would have been 40 seconds of screen time otherwise.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Fereydun posted:

scanlon loving sucks dog rear end though ffs he is genuinely awful and actively makes every scene he is in worse

grog kinda sucks too but mostly because he's like, too generic? he has literally nothin goin for him besides like default idiot barbarian stuff. it's not like the rest of the cast except percy isn't cliche but grog is like, totally spiceless in every regard.

hopefully s2 adds some spice there and lets the chars breathe more

Yeah, Scanlan is the joker of the group, and he has moments every so often. But, in this series he's almost ALWAYS doing goofy poo poo, which was too much.

Grog, while not bright, had more wisdom, so he was always doing great things in a dumb way. He wasn't nearly as brain dead as he has been in this show. He really shined in a lot of moments throughout.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm loving this, but I am upset they're rushing through everything so quick and missing a lot of great content. It's so popular they could do this as a One Piece and go for decades with it. It's already written, there isn't a reason to have tiny quick seasons anymore. Do it justice and flesh it all out perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I really enjoyed the season. Vex's arc is where it's at. Being a champion for the goddess of death is very :rock: