Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Paracaidas posted:

The biggest change from the stream thus far - aside from when and how the Slayers Take is introduced - is Craven Edge.

On stream Percy identities the sword and what it does and allows Grog to take it mostly without warning. Which is the equivalent of giving lit matches to a clumsy kid taking a gasoline bath.
I'm not surprised they retconned it, it's a deeply shitheaded move by Percy that I don't recall leading to any character growth or tension beyond Grog's experience with the sword
. So the vibes around the sword haven't changed much -- though I can see why some would prefer they had.
However, that deeply shitheaded moved led to the episode where Grog talked to Craven Edge in a bathroom stall while pretending to take a massive dump with Scanlan covering for him, which was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Senjuro posted:

Scanlan's likeability was always bound to take a hit in any adaptation. It's practically impossible to translate what made him so great in TV form.
I think another factor is the song parodies he came up with off the top of his head on-stream that were used as Bardic Inspiration which were all axed for the cartoon.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CuwiKhons posted:

Which reminds me - never forget that time Laura Bailey murdered Sam Riegel live on air with "Your face is smaller but your teeth are the same size!"
Now you're just making me think of "The Ashley Johnson Roast of Sam Riegel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uAu55Nb5F0

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Remember: this guy's won an honest-to-god Emmy

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

imagine paying attention to Twitch chat as anyone older than like, 12
Also if you follow a channel that has more than about 75 subscribers because it's not like you're going to be able to keep up and read chat on a popular channel anyway.