Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed the first three episodes but I also got the feeling it’s very impressed with itself about being a fantasy series with swears and sex jokes even though it’s far from a unique idea and a lot of them aren’t all that funny. The lead characters are mostly real cool, but I definitely started to sour on the bard somewhere around the second anal beads joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Grog in the show is painfully generic “big dumb guy” so far

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watched this batch of episodes and they were…..fine? Nothing offensively bad but nothing I really loved.

My main issue is that I feel like there’s very little if anything in here that feels like it really came from the characters improvising or loving around. Like it doesn’t feel like a podcast adaptation at all, it just feels like something that was scripted normally, with all the jokes feeling like…..regular scripted jokes. The joy of something like this, for me, is seeing the improvised banter/goofing between the characters, and that’s what I was most looking forward to seeing in this show, but it feels like they’ve taken that vibe out of it completely. I mean maybe a lot of the dialogue is from improvisations in the podcast, but it sure doesn’t feel like it.