Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I haven't gotten a raise in 7 years and they just got rid of my 401(k) but check this out: they just unlocked the ability for my avatar to hold the Infinity Gauntlet! Holy freaking crap.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My company made an NFT of my avatar and sold it for $23,000

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My boss said my raise was on the blockchain and it was clear he meant a chain attached to a cement brick that he used to chase me around the office until I cried.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
When you lose your job in the metaverse, you die in real life.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

brb gonna invent the meta-metaverse

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Now that we're in the metaverse, my boss can shove stuff up my rear end that would be too big to fit up there in real life and it's not technically a sex crime because the metaverse isn't real even though the pain feels real enough.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm no longer sure if my boss is just using a Garfield avatar or is actually Garfield. My HR refuses to clarify things, simply stating that any complainers should be "dragged out into the street and shot".

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm no longer sure if my boss is just using a Garfield avatar or is actually Garfield. My HR refuses to clarify things, simply stating that any complainers should be "dragged out into the street and shot".
whoever invented virtual mondays should be dragged out into the street and shot

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
This is so much better than real life!! :smithicide:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

you respawn immediately back at your desk

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Jabberlock posted:

you respawn immediately back at your desk

with half your money gone, as is tradition

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Not only is the metaverse really Rocco's Basilisk but it's also similar to Stephen King's The Jaunt because millions of years within the game pass in the blink of an eye in the real world. So even if the metaverse eventually dies, you'll be tortured within the game for millions of times longer than the game actually exists.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Jokes on them. Now I can have a theme song that plays for anyone that's been forced to approach me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Htu2ku4Oo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
You awaken in the metaverse and find yourself standing before a monolith with these words on it:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Yaldabaoth posted:

You awaken in the metaverse and find yourself standing before a monolith with these words on it:

Wise words from the Zuck man himself

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Hi security, we're in conference room 3. Can you please come and get Ralph Pootawn to leave our project planning meeting?
Oh, and if you can get him to leave the flying penises here that would be great, thanks.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
I've been AFK for the last 16 hours. My boss has been sending aggressive emotes at me all day, but can't be bothered to call me irl.

I actually died 17 hours ago because I forgot to drink actual water.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Yaldabaoth posted:

Implying that Zuckerberg will wait that long to activate the secret program that kills everyone, leaving the super wealthy as the sole living humans on Earth.

Naive AF. The classiest don't want them poor gone, just culled and subservient. Who else will cook, clean, etc?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

No. 6 posted:

Naive AF. The classiest don't want them poor gone, just culled and subservient. Who else will cook, clean, etc?

Most of that will be done by robots except for the rich people who get off on treating sapient humans like slaves.

So basically, the poor will be kept around solely to fulfill rich people's fetishes.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

the office is about to expire, did anyone remember to convert their money in to $METACOIN?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Bonzo posted:

brb gonna invent the meta-metaverse

I'm going to invent the nega-metaverse. It's just a pair of leather gloves and goggles with no lenses. $10,000.

Tuna-Fire
Mar 4, 2001

etcetera, etcetera
Hair Elf
Takes piss test in VR

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Weka posted:

I'm going to invent the nega-metaverse. It's just a pair of leather gloves and goggles with no lenses. $10,000.

I just patented the Negaverse. You wear oven mitts and blacked out welder goggles and Vin Diesel beats you with a 2x4. It's the ultimate unimmersive experience!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
calling in sick on my first day due to car problems

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
hey everybody, i changed my look. know I'm a horse with huge bazongas.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Yaldabaoth posted:

Most of that will be done by robots except for the rich people who get off on treating sapient humans like slaves.

So basically, the poor will be kept around solely to fulfill rich people's fetishes.

Yes

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Boss called an all hands meeting at 4:30 on a Friday, but I have a raid at five. Everyone is asking why I'm dressed up, so I tell them I have an interview.

Tuna-Fire
Mar 4, 2001

etcetera, etcetera
Hair Elf

hotdog feet posted:

hey everybody, i changed my look. know I'm a horse with huge bazongas.

Gonna need to consult the HR handbook for guidance

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Actually in the source material, my avatar is a 10,000 year-old demonic being, so no. I actually think it’s VERY appropriate for the work place and THAT is why I will be filing a wrongful termination suit, HR!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The metaverse is like the matrix except everyone's bio-electricity is used to power the world's largest bitcoin miner.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Yaldabaoth posted:

The metaverse is like the matrix except everyone's bio-electricity is used to power the world's largest bitcoin miner.

I wanted to make Fitcoin, where you pedal a bike to mine currency, but the name was already taken.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

cult_hero posted:

I wanted to make Fitcoin, where you pedal a bike to mine currency, but the name was already taken.

Molocoin, named after Moloch, where the miner is powered by burning everything in a massive furnace that also spews out toxic, poisonous air.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Virtually shoot up the office like a Doom WAD.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

cult_hero posted:

pedal a bike to mine currency

Black Mirror did it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The metaverse is discriminatory against foot fetishists. I will not stand (lol) for this!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Black Mirror did it.

Yeah, but was it in the blockchain?

I guess the guy was kinda chained to his little block of ads.

Whoa that show is so deep....

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Is there a Meatverse available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Dudes it is time to do virtual drugs and virtual drinks and make threads!