Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hell astro course posted:

extreme middle manager energy here...

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Betty Wight posted:

Even Marcus Aurelius comments on this in Meditations, 5.1:

In the morning when you rise unwillingly from your bed, let this thought be present: I am rising to the work of a human being. Why then am I dissatisfied if I am going to do the things for which I exist and for which I was brought into the world? Or have I been made for this, to lie under the covers and keep myself warm?

"But this is more pleasant!"

Do you exist then for pleasure, and not at all for action or exertion? Do you not see the little plants, the little birds, the ants, the spiders, the bees working together to put in order their several parts of the universe? Are you unwilling to do the work of a human being? Should you not make haste to do that which is according to your nature?

"But it is necessary to take rest also."

It is necessary: however nature has fixed bounds to this too: she has fixed bounds both to eating and drinking, and yet you go beyond these bounds, beyond what is sufficient ... So you do not love yourself, for if you did, you would love nature and her will.

I find that this helps quite a bit. Humans have been humans for a very long time and while we all enjoy snuggling under blankets in a cold morning, we must be about our business.

He was a Roman emperor the gently caress did this jagoff know about work and toil?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
need to suck n gently caress more OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Who What Now posted:

He was a Roman emperor the gently caress did this jagoff know about work and toil?

Maybe if you worked hard enough you too would be a Roman emperor, no need to be jealous :rolleyes:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sudonim posted:

Not gonna lie, it's nice to have the odd day with no set time to get out of bed. Just sleep until you run out of sleep. Refreshing!

I agree but as I’ve gotten older it seems to take longer and longer to run out of sleep.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have a gf and like to bust nuts. And also 5 pets I guess

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
because if i dont eat, then i dont poo poo

and if i dont poo poo, then i dont eat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

Junk posted:

because if i dont eat, then i dont poo poo

and if i dont poo poo, then i dont eat

circular reasoning, I like it

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why do you get out of bed in the morning?

To read absurdist philosophy.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Ngl I laughed

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Betty Wight posted:

Even Marcus Aurelius comments on this in Meditations, 5.1:

In the morning when you rise unwillingly from your bed, let this thought be present: I am rising to the work of a human being. Why then am I dissatisfied if I am going to do the things for which I exist and for which I was brought into the world? Or have I been made for this, to lie under the covers and keep myself warm?

"But this is more pleasant!"

Do you exist then for pleasure, and not at all for action or exertion? Do you not see the little plants, the little birds, the ants, the spiders, the bees working together to put in order their several parts of the universe? Are you unwilling to do the work of a human being? Should you not make haste to do that which is according to your nature?

"But it is necessary to take rest also."

It is necessary: however nature has fixed bounds to this too: she has fixed bounds both to eating and drinking, and yet you go beyond these bounds, beyond what is sufficient ... So you do not love yourself, for if you did, you would love nature and her will.

I find that this helps quite a bit. Humans have been humans for a very long time and while we all enjoy snuggling under blankets in a cold morning, we must be about our business.

-Dorkus Maximus

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
to shitpost

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
time isn't even real dummy do you even astral project?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I've got people I care about so I do what needs to be done, it's way harder to do things for myself.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I've got people I care about so I do what needs to be done, it's way harder to do things for myself.

also this

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

mkvltra posted:

-Dorkus Maximus

Don’t sign your posts

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I'm trying to find guys who want to get their peen touched who also want to touch my peen.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

CPL593H posted:

I'm trying to find guys who want to get their peen touched who also want to touch my peen.

There’s an app for that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

Have you tried Grindr?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
It used to be force of habit, but now it's because I've got cool poo poo to do.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I actually died seven years ago, but the spirit of the shitposts lives on.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

I actually died seven years ago, but the spirit of the shitposts lives on.

impressive

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Mosyly because I have a mortgage. I think some people would be pretty bummed if I died

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
because sometimes my dreams are stuck in a loop

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

coronatae posted:

I think some people would be pretty bummed if I died

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Because I have everything I ever wanted. A happy and fulfilling marriage, a beautiful family, a fulfilling career, spiritual fulfillment, and live in a society I can take wholesome pride in. Then I suddenly realize the whole thing makes no sense and I wonder how I got here and I can’t remember. Then I realize I must be dreaming and it starts to fade and the memories of my life come back. I start screaming.

“NO, you can’t send me back there! I won’t go! I want to stay here! You can’t make me leave! NOOOOOOO!”

Then I wake up and cry for an hour so I get out of bed because the pillow is too wet and salty to sleep on anymore.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

Xenocides posted:

Because I have everything I ever wanted. A happy and fulfilling marriage, a beautiful family, a fulfilling career, spiritual fulfillment, and live in a society I can take wholesome pride in. Then I suddenly realize the whole thing makes no sense and I wonder how I got here and I can’t remember. Then I realize I must be dreaming and it starts to fade and the memories of my life come back. I start screaming.

“NO, you can’t send me back there! I won’t go! I want to stay here! You can’t make me leave! NOOOOOOO!”

Then I wake up and cry for an hour so I get out of bed because the pillow is too wet and salty to sleep on anymore.

Wow. I thought I was broken

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Curiosity. I want to see what will happen. When I was a kid I thought the future would be bright and marvellous and I wanted to live long enough to see cancer get cured or for us to have colonies in space or world peace with ecologically minded sustainable societies. Now that the grim reality of the nightmare world we've created for ourselves has set in, I want to see it all fall apart. I'm pretty sure I'm going to live long enough to see this civilization collapse and I'm excited see exactly how it happens.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Have you tried Grindr?

Yes. It's loving terrible.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Nap Ghost

CPL593H posted:

Yes. It's loving terrible.

did you show them your dick?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

My back hurts if I stay in bed too long.

Also mornings are really nice when work doesn't get in the way. I love the first cup of tea when it's quiet and I can snuggle on the couch with the dog. I love taking her for a walk and listening to the birds yell about fierce and horny they are.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i close the door, push my body into the bucket, start the engine, and i'm one with the machine

as i approach the corner i rotate, the wheels slip, the car slides, and as i narrowly miss the trees, i'm reminded that i'm alive

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
Weed.

And my parents, but mostly weed.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SatansOnion posted:

and also several bucket-list items I have yet to accomplish: like being seduced,

Are those astronaut pants…

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Someone I knew years ago pissed me off and I want to out live them because they are a piece of poo poo.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
if I get through the week i get to get drunk all weekend

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

interwhat posted:

if I get through the week i get to get drunk all weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmuL-BPFi2Q hell yeah friend here is a song for u

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

kind of like how orbit is the planet continually falling into the sun but missing, i am 'orbiting' death every day

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Gotta find out who shot mr burns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Because we're creatures of habit and we're used to being alive. And it's cool seeing what the world will come up with. And creatures are pretty interesting/funny/kind.
Another answer: because we have (mutable) tendencies to want to live because that's been useful to us.

I'm a sad person but my intense curiosity outweighs whatever veil of shittiness has been pulled over my eyes.