Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, the runtime turned me off watching it for a while but the fact that it basically opens with an eerie short film and then ends up being a deliberately paced mystery really works for it. It's not like it flew by, but it never felt like a slog.

The Wailing is another recent 2+ hour horror film that uses that time well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

MacheteZombie posted:

When Lasombra is at the cabin in the woods and the Pontifex people spot him and all move in unison was so cool and spooky. His reaction was great.

Yeah, that part in particular was a real standout horror movie moment from the last couple of years.

Also, just a general shoutout to James Badge Dale who's been putting in solid work for years now and I'm always glad when he pops up. He's in The Grey and his death is visceral and affecting and really sets up the tone of the entire film.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I always think of him as Matt Damon's shithead cop friend in The Departed. He was great in this.

The first thing I always think of is him being a partner in a season of 24 and Kiefer has to chop his arm off with an axe