Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
This is a game that's extremely familiar to me, I spent a lot of my childhood playing this.

Zed Duke of Banville - Mainly for the all round basic starting round stats. Getting those started is a pain in the rear end, someone who can do a bit of everything at the start is helpful.

Linflas - You need a decent fighter upfront and there are some good choices. This guy can pull out a couple of fireballs if necessary.

Tiggy Tamal - When she runs out of mana she can lob things around.

Wuuf the Bika - He can stand at the back throwing things and practising spells.

You can complete the game with any of the characters, they can all turn into all-round powerhouses eventually if you grind each if their stats enough. Some of the characters make the early game easier though in terms of stats and starting equipment.

Choosing someone with 0 mana though is a bad move as they can't even practise the most basic spells until they've levelled up a few times. The best way to get those magic skills up is to practise them.

Edit: The best way to get every skill up is to practise them.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

StoryTime posted:

Wuuf the Bika is a nice pick. The low HP means he bites it every now and then, but the flask he comes with is really really nice, for reasons that will become apparent. I don't remember where you first find a flask in the game, there might be one hidden somewhere in level 2? I think there's one near the exit of 2.

I completely glossed over the fact that he started with a flask, something that can really help with levelling up the priest skill early. There's a chest near the end of the level that contains a flask.

I feel like replaying this game again.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The old dropping the massive door the enemies head trick. Good for damage and for putting a barrier between you and them when they move out of the way. Did anyone work out just how much damage this does as it never seemed enough?

Mzbundifund posted:

YA BRO always has your back.

Is melee combat in this game the usual safety square dance you see in similar dungeon crawlers?

The game time moves around in some sort of pseudo real-time. If you have seen or played Grimrock then you'll be familiar with the mechanics. The square dance is a must for a number of enemies in this game as they're either tanks, HP sponges or can wreck you easily with a few hits.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 14, 2022