Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I regularly click on dnd and see interesting posts, so something is working, gj. Also good to see the 'let me restate your position into something totally different from what you said, and then get angry about it for 20 posts' get shut down more consistently.

Yeah, this has been a major issue for over a decade in this forum and it's great to see it being addressed. The modding situation has been like night and day since major changes were implemented.

I actually see things like "misrepresenting other posters" and "being an rear end in a top hat" being probed on a regular basis as well. Please keep it up.

It's also great that the folks actively modding here are actually reading what's going on. In fact, it's bound to happen that mods from time to time participate. I figure we just all agree that any subjective modding that happens comes from other mods and that pretty much solves any issues which may come up.

You folks are already pretty clear on your expectations, you admit when you made a mistake or need to fine tune things and that's fine too since you're all human beings and volunteers. I haven't seen any major "what the gently caress was this mod thinking" type probes like in the past so yeh, great work!

EDIT: The fact that this thread isn't 20 pages long with a bunch of folks just making things up is proof that things are improving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

exmarx posted:

the term 'whataboutism' is worthless, since it generally just means 'pointing out hypocrisy' – if anything, it would be good if the people who use it reflected on why their criticism is determined by who the actor is, rather than the act itself!

Usually it's because that particular actor is the subject of the thread they're currently posting in.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

some plague rats posted:

Why would people be doing this. What do you imagine is in it for them. Because it seems like you're saying "people posting things I disagree with don't actually believe them, they just have a sinister pro-prc agenda to push" which would not really be in the spirit of d&d, would it

This is some pretty amazing burden shifting. Sure, folks could drag up posts from elsewhere screaming about “libs” or “posting is praxis” but expecting the rest of us to read your mind before pointing out bad posting is really something else.