Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
We are eventually going to have to deal with the "we hid Reade chat cause we hoped people would move on" poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Koos Group posted:

If by deal with it, you mean assess how the current rules apply to the subject, I would be happy to. You are free to discuss Tara Reade if you believe you have something new to say on the subject. Debaters are, likewise, allowed to take any stance on the veracity of her allegations, since positions aren't moderated. With that said, I don't expect it would be a very fruitful avenue of discussion.
No i mean the mod who said

quote:

Our secret hope was that everyone would move on from Tara Reade
after they (the mods in general) got Tara reade discussion removed from the primary thread still has buttons.

I have no trust any more of that mod. This is not something easily forgotten

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Koos Group posted:

Okay, well, that's noted, but this feedback is meant to be about current moderation practices and issues.
I would say someone who is a current mod would fall under current moderation issues. But I take your hint

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Koos Group posted:

No. The post doesn't seem to be disqualifying for modship. If I understand the situation correctly, it was perceived that he wanted conversation to move on because Reade chat was politically embarrassing for him, but the actual cause seems to be that it wasn't producing good discussion and was hellish to moderate. That fits much better with what I've seen of moderators' motivations in private spaces.
Whether it was done for personal reasons or for the ease of it, the action of hiding away a legitimate complaint of sexual misconduct by one of the two parties candidates is the issue

The why doesn't matter to me, just that it was done