Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We've got a few mods, including myself, who get heated from time to time and love to fight and are huge communists or whatever. The system we have in place to ensure this doesn't result in abuse exists, but is opaque as a matter of course, unfortunately. For purposes of transparency, the normal way things work is that myself or Commie or Fritz or whoever will get all hootin and hollerin about something, and probably even before it becomes heated there has already been a request for other mods to put some eyes on the situation and advise and be the ones to distribute catjailings if necessary.. This, of course, includes mods themselves who can and have been probed and reprimanded for their behavior. We are just normal rear end posters when it comes down to it after all.

I'd say one of the best things about Koos' reign that nobody has mentioned so far is how much more pleasant it has been to mod under it and how much easier it has been to actually get some more volunteers to help out. If things feel different now compared to a couple months ago it's worth giving some thought to how we have a half dozen active and empowered and not completely mentally devastated mods compared to the old ways of 3 or maybe 4 trying to deal with a few perennial wildfires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

This too, it's incredibly helpful to be able to ask CSPAM mods for their takes as well, particularly since there a fair number of posters who choose to participate in both subforums.

This is just the informal discord stuff to be clear, anything really big will be dropped into forums-wide channels so that mods and admins from all over can weigh in. The whole setup really is far more communal than I think anybody would guess