Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

As a mostly lurker, I think the most destructive moderation tendency which led to most of the d&d problems has been "shitposts I agree with are fun, arguments I disagree with are illegal." The toxicity, insularity, and posts trying to goad their ideological enemies into saying some variety of illegal opinion all get exacerbated by that.

Post koos regime, that's way, way down (though not gone), so that's very good. But, it seems to me that the non koos mods are going along with this not because they agree they shouldn't be banning wrong thought on sight, but just because they are afraid of koos or the admins. Still, it's a very positive trend overall imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The cycle of China thread discussions often is:

1) China is uniquely bad for doing this thing
2) that thing is not unique and in an international context not even unusual
3) mods, please ban all this whataboutism