Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Hey I think the changes have been pretty good, probably the biggest change is just the attitude at the top. Some previous mods appeared to have palpable open contempt for the users here (just look at some of the previous feedback threads), maybe that happens to everyone eventually due to frustration and burnout, I'm not judging but it did cause problems. Just feeling like mods respect posters and enjoy the discussions makes it feel much better.

The moderation has seemed more consistent which I think is probably more important than strictness, I'd much rather have modding that's stricter than I'd prefer if it's consistent, versus modding that's as laid back as I want but arbitrary and unpredictable. It sucks when say, personal insults that mods agree with are allowed under the rule of funny, but if the target hits back they get probed. And I haven't seen that under the new regime.

Since we're talking about consistency though I'm not really sure that the dictionary debate is the important thing here.

I see people get hit with sixers all the time for accusing people of bad faith and trolling, with a note saying they should report the offending posts or PM a mod about it rather than attacking them in the thread. So I don't understand why that rule against posting about posters isn't being applied here.

I was going to post a bunch of stuff but quoting this covers a lot of it so I'll just do that. +1 to all this.

I also want to add that I'm really glad Ralph is no longer a mod. Most of my D&D posting is done in the Current Events thread and even though I don't post much it's nice to see that leftists don't get threadbanned constantly for the high crime of challenging centrist Democrat opinions and occasionally poking fun at them.

I also want to say to Koos personally that I didn't trust you at first when you were put in charge of D&D but FWIW I now believe that you're being genuine with all of us and that this isn't some long-term prank on us serious business posters like I originally thought. Thanks for doing your best to make the non-joke forum a better place for non-joke posters.

I know that SA is primarily a comedy forum but I've never liked the idea that it should always be a comedy ONLY forum everywhere all the time. I like jokes too and I post jokes in many threads but there have always been serious business subforums and threads since the very beginning and it's nice to have a place to discuss real life stuff and politics with other people. People can make fun of the quality of discourse here all they want but literally everywhere else on the internet is a million times worse. Social media and reddit are cesspools of the dumbest and worst people on the planet. SA is the least terrible place to discuss stuff like this and I for one am really happy to have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU