Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Greetings. Now that it's been a few weeks since D&D's moderation changed, I'd like some feedback. The main areas of interest are:

• Has D&D been better since the change?
  • Is there anything in particular about moderation that you would change in order to better serve the goals of D&D?
  • Should D&D have its own stylesheet? If so, what should it be like? Mockups are welcome as well.

You can give feedback in one of three ways. The first is to simply post in the thread. The second, is to PM me your feedback and I'll share it with the other mods (unless you'd prefer I don't for some reason). The third is to post in this thread anonymously. To do this, send me what you'd like to be posted in the thread and I'll post it for you. It hopefully goes without saying that if you do this, don't then come and post in the thread normally to agree with yourself.

There's not going to be any post timer or hard rule on number of posts as in the previous feedback thread. I would just ask that everyone keep in mind everyone who posts in or reads D&D has a stake in its future, so please don't drown out other posters' feedback by posting excessively about your own issue.

D&D rules will be a bit relaxed for this thread since we're talking about personal opinions. However, I do ask that everyone still try to be respectful to other users, be honest in how you express your views, and try not to repeat something you've said in the thread already, which goes along with not monopolizing the thread. If you are forumbanned you unfortunately can't participate, but you may PM me to have your forumban reviewed if I haven't done so already. Currently there's no one who is both forumbanned and ineligible for review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

some plague rats posted:

Here's a question about mod policy. I got probed a coupe days ago- it was a sixer so who cares but it raises some questions

The probe reason was "do not do these kind of posts" so I'm wondering what exactly is the Koos-era policy on asking people what the hell they're talking about? Do we need to provide a breakdown of what exactly didn't make sense? Are we supposed to ignore posts that read as absolute gibberish?
Could use some pointers on a mod approved way to ask for clarification. Cheers

That one was a personal mistake on my part, as indicated in my followup.

Koos Group posted:

Sorry about that. I didn't realize the post actually did come off as gibberish, lol.

Because the post was reported, I thought you were being willfully ignorant. That's what I would want to avoid with asking someone "what are you talking about," because usually you could ask for clarification on specific points instead. But as you showed, there are some cases where something is so wholly incomprehensible you honestly have no choice but to ask them to explain the whole thing again.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Jizz Festival posted:

I like the direction things are going, but I think moderators should either stay out of discussions or make it extremely clear when they're acting as a moderator and when they aren't. For example, commiegir recently posted this in response to petercat:

How is a post like this supposed to be interpreted? Is this a warning that continuing down this road will lead to mod action, and if it is, then why is it so vague about what, exactly, the problem with the post in question is?

If this is a "normal post" disconnected from commiegir being a mod, then how is it an acceptable post? It's equivalent to saying "this is cringe" which is hardly adding anything to the discussion.

edit: I'd like to add that I think CommieGIR is generally a fair mod although I suspect we disagree on a lot of things.

I've been thinking about how exactly to deal with this, and there are a few options. Ideally I would just tell my mods, and I suppose Commie in particular, to be especially gentle when debating and watch for anything that could be interpreted as a threat. I could also make a rule for mods that they can never probate someone they're arguing with, which doesn't sound like a bad idea. The extreme solution would be forbidding mods from debating entirely, which I'd like to avoid.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

exmarx posted:

every d&d rule update is intended to make the american politics threads less awful, but the most recent set is the first i can remember being applied so mindlessly that it fucks up other regional threads. a probation for this incredibly mild post

during an argument about transport policy has derailed the nz thread into talking about the probation for like half a day so far. this doesn't benefit anyone, and inventing some bizarre category of "demilitarised" threads is a bad alternative to just moderating with regard to context.

Demilitarized isn't a category I intend to invent, it's just a cheeky way of referring to something that already exists, which is lighter moderation for regional threads. This is because the members tend to know each other quite well, and there's socialization involved in addition to debating and discussing. This is also a good example of why its' good to have regional IKs, because there is some context that mods from other countries are likely to miss even if they're careful (as I seem to have in this case, as it was apparently meant less seriously than I thought). I actually had a cordial chat with bike tory after that probe, and they were in favor of just using a lighter touch on the thread.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

some plague rats posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. It wasn't you who probated me though, so is this your personal take, or something that is agreed on by all the mods here?

They're taking my lead at the moment, so that would be the policy. It will come down to some individual judgement as many of these things do, on whether someone is being willfully ignorant or not, but we should be better equipped to handle this somewhat specific circumstance in the future.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

MikeC posted:

I don't want to retype my thoughts as they are succinctly found in these two posts in the China thread. If D&D is supposed to be separate from CSPAM in a meaningful way, I think the issues I raised need to be looked at.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466532&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=659#post520975623

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466532&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=659#post520976462

My main takeaway from this is you would like the bad faith rule enforced for false claims about what a source says, and I would very much like it to be as well. If you see another instance of this behavior, please report it.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yes this, it’s impossible to do consistently. Here’s a recent example:

A decent discussion popped up on the failings of the 2020 Warren primary campaign. Despite having contributed to it themselves, Fritz lets us know that the discussion is over and should not be revisited. I thought it was a fruitful discussion and I had seen some points presented that I had never seen before but fine rules are rules ... but then a few pages later there’s a big derail about Hamilton: the musical which is even less “current” of an event and has also been discussed before in the thread. Fritz gives it a mod endorsement:

For the record, I have no issue with people posting about Hamilton in CE thread. I have zero interest in Hamilton or musical theatre but if other posters wanna talk about it, no biggie—I can just scroll past. But it’s frustrating to see the moderation of topics being applied inconsistently.

I think the CE thread is at it’s best when it’s loosely moderated and posters themselves determine where it leads. A semi-relevant derail every now and then isn’t something that warrants active intervention.

I spoke with Fritz after the incident you're referring to and concluded that it if a thread is veering toward a topic that's unlikely to bear fruit, rather than trying to head off the conversation it would be better to just give a reminder/warning that posts should be insightful and not common talking points or basic political rhetoric.

Koos Group fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 29, 2022

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Catpetter1981 posted:

The poster who posted these grotesque pieces of ahistoricism has not been probated or even mildly chided for them. Does this mean that genocide denialism is, after all, permitted in D&D?

Positions aren't moderated in D&D. In those cases, it looks as though he's leaving open a lot of room for his position to be attacked with opposing evidence, so that's what I would have recommended there.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Best Friends posted:

As a mostly lurker, I think the most destructive moderation tendency which led to most of the d&d problems has been "shitposts I agree with are fun, arguments I disagree with are illegal." The toxicity, insularity, and posts trying to goad their ideological enemies into saying some variety of illegal opinion all get exacerbated by that.

Post koos regime, that's way, way down (though not gone), so that's very good. But, it seems to me that the non koos mods are going along with this not because they agree they shouldn't be banning wrong thought on sight, but just because they are afraid of koos or the admins.

That doesn't seem to be the case to me for two reasons. First, the newest mods were informed about what the changes would be before they were brought on, and were able to choose whether that was a D&D they'd like to be part of. Second, my impression in the mod forum from well before I was in charge was that some of the existing mods had a yearning for not moderating positions, but didn't feel it would be feasible.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

World Famous W posted:

We are eventually going to have to deal with the "we hid Reade chat cause we hoped people would move on" poo poo

If by deal with it, you mean assess how the current rules apply to the subject, I would be happy to. You are free to discuss Tara Reade if you believe you have something new to say on the subject. Debaters are, likewise, allowed to take any stance on the veracity of her allegations, since positions aren't moderated. With that said, I don't expect it would be a very fruitful avenue of discussion.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

Why is whataboutism bad and why do you think it should it be proscribed?

I wonder the same about what people call “doomism,” which people also seem eager to punish.

Right, so. Whataboutism is a fallacy under a certain condition, and it's a rather subtle distinction. Say there are some posters who believe Switzerland is the best country, and others who believe Portugal is. If someone points out that Switzerland has legalized slavery in the Switzerland thread, and this is bad, and then a Switzerland fan comes in and says Portugal has it too, as though that means it isn't bad, that would be whataboutism. If someone were to say yes, it is bad, though Switzerland's greatest enemy Portugal also engages in it, so one can't choose the better among them on that issue alone, it wouldn't be whataboutism, because that's a reasonable argument.

But even if it's not technically whataboutism, it can be contentious to bring up a different country than the one of subject. On the other hand, most SA posters are from Portugal, which is currently Switzerland's number one global rival, so how Portugal might compare is always a sort of elephant in the room when talking about Switzerland.

So I suppose the most important thing would be to fully address what someone else is saying when arguing with them, and make sure the info you're posting is correct and in context.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

World Famous W posted:

No i mean the mod who said

after they (the mods in general) got Tara reade discussion removed from the primary thread still has buttons.

I have no trust any more of that mod. This is not something easily forgotten

Okay, well, that's noted, but this feedback is meant to be about current moderation practices and issues.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

AOCIA posted:

Is it current moderation practice to give a pass to all posts by previous moderators

No. The post doesn't seem to be disqualifying for modship. If I understand the situation correctly, it was perceived that he wanted conversation to move on because Reade chat was politically embarrassing for him, but the actual cause seems to be that it wasn't producing good discussion and was hellish to moderate. That fits much better with what I've seen of moderators' motivations in private spaces.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Increasing punishments aren't technically off the table. I'd just like them to be used only when a poster's violations are willful. So far it's only happened to one individual, who was doing the exact same thing repeatedly and knowingly.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

World Famous W posted:

Whether it was done for personal reasons or for the ease of it, the action of hiding away a legitimate complaint of sexual misconduct by one of the two parties candidates is the issue

The why doesn't matter to me, just that it was done

Ah. I understand a bit better, then. I wasn't really familiar with the whole issue other than what's been said in this thread. I just went and read the whole post the line is from, as well as the followups. GJB and FoS claim their intent wasn't to obscure the topic by moving it to another thread. Though, splitting threads in practice does tend to reduce the overall posting rate in at least one of them. So it would seem what GJB did wrong was insensitivity and a lapse of judgement he shared with FoS (both of whom agreed how they handled the situation wasn't ideal). If GJB shows a pattern of poor judgement that would give me pause, but I would need more than one incident before I considered asking him to step down. I would also prefer they be post-change, because my concern is how well he can mod the current D&D, not how he mods in other contexts.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Also: probing that post while ignoring the previous two seems inconsistent. (none should have been probed)

Perhaps. While there's a feedback thread I'd prefer feedback to go here, but on the other hand Fritz's post was quite ridiculous and it would feel strange if no one was allowed to point that out. The boy is very enthusiastic about modding correctly, sometimes so much so that it makes one want to say "bless his heart."

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

alright i was told to come here so let me state my beef

this is an INSANELY lovely weaponization and minimization of the terms abuse and abuser. there is ABSOLUTELY NOT a power disparity in online forums remotely analogous to the one present between abuser and victim, and to see it invoked this way is not just loving rude as hell, its also deeply offensive to victims of abuse!

like maybe its my own history with abuse, but this poo poo makes me see red.

Since it's a dictionary definition Vox is allowed to use the term that way, and since he's so, erm, particular about things I don't even think he's intentionally using it to evoke what it does. But I do wish he would stop lol.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Smeef posted:

MikeC wasn't the OP. Discendo Vox was the OP, and his post could charitably be interpreted as using abuser in the sense of "abuse of control" or "abuse of power", not physical and emotional abuse. I could see it going either way.

Which itself is a suggestion for D&D: use the principle of charity with your fellow posters. Give their posts the benefit of the doubt, or at least be considerate when expressing that doubt. This principle isn't just about word choice, but this exchange is illustrative.

For example, it would have been over far more quickly and smoothly if the response was "Your use of the word 'abuser' is possibly insensitive to people who have been victims of abuse. Can you choose a different word next time?"

Noting that big flaming stink appears to have experienced abuse, their angry response is also understandable. Again, the right thing to do isn't to escalate in response to them, it's something like "Maybe my word choice was poor. Here's what I really meant, using different language."

Yes, I wouldn't mind saying something to him like "your use of abuser is in line with its definition, but it has a connotation, particularly to the sort of demographics that post here, which is very distracting and not your intent, so I can't force you to stop but would ask you to choose something else."

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

some plague rats posted:

Koos this is a pretty bad response. "Well he's technically correct so I can't actually stop him from doing something heinous!" is the kind of d&d moderation you'd make up as a cruel parody. It's desperately unhelpful and the kind of decision that is going to encourage awful shitheads to come in, gently caress up discussions and say things that are obviously going to rile other posters while maintaining a figleaf of "well, the dictionary says..." It's the kind of robotic, explain-to-the-trolls-why-they're-wrong moderating that made this place unbearable to post in the first place

I just Googled the word and the overwhelming definition in use is the one more familiar to you and I, so you're right, he should be stopped from using it the way he is, since it's loaded language and poor communication.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

Koos, would it be accurate to say that the "dictionary rule" is largely meant to provide some sort of mutual framework with which to, well, define the terms of any given argument? If that's the case, it's certainly a noble goal, but overly broad definitions like those in a general purpose dictionary probably aren't always suited to complex and nuanced topics - I could, for example, use the Wikipedia definition of gaslighting to construct a (ridiculous) argument that the consistent and targeted misapplication of the term 'abuse' by one or more parties is an attempt to gaslight other posters into questioning if they indeed are some sort of abuser in much the same way that right-wing reactionaries make the argument that something isn't racist "because the dictionary definition of racism is lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..." when the outcome of any given right wing position would more harshly impact a given minority group (for an example, the idea that further defunding underperforming schools in poor urban areas isn't racist because "it's about test scores, not race!" doesn't hold up when you look at the larger demographics of poor, underperforming schools in say, Ft Lauderdale).

It's definitely for the best to have some sort of mutual framework of meaning, but I don't know how that gets managed for nuanced or loaded topics.

There are a few reasons for the rule, though it's more of a guideline since it's not in the rules, but rather a consequence of them. One is that as you say, we need a common standard because it's important to clarity of communication. Since D&D is meant to be educational, it should prepare you for argument and understanding in other areas, so I feel the standard should then be based on common usage, and this is what dictionaries at least attempt to describe. Some terms do have specialized uses, but dictionaries do usually list those so in those cases it comes down to common sense and which context it ought to be.

So that's where I jumped the gun a bit in saying Vox was justified by the rules in using "abuser" how he was. The point of the rules is to avoid imprecise language done in order to increase the emotional impact of what you're saying, and to reflect common usage, and Vox's use fails both of those.

The other reason to appeal to dictionaries and common usage is that particular political groups often develop idiosyncratic definitions of words that are convenient to their ideologies, as you note. So in order to have a fair playing field, a dictionary is as neutral an arbiter as any.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

MikeC posted:

Except the context is very clear if you actually read the thread instead of taking isolated posts. He's posting right after *yet another* bout of Whataboutism when Terminal Autism https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466532&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=661#post521093439 and Neurolimtal https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466532&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=661#post521098251 tried to say that censorship is just the same in 'murica cuz they use soft power to ensure all movies are pro war, pro cop, etc etc and that censorship is effectively the same. Yet again I had to sit there and type a response to prove the blatant lie that took longer to vet than the baseless claim. This is exactly the type of thread making GBS threads I have talked about before. Constantly posting low content bullshit in the hopes no one takes the time to disprove it. It is an obvious misuse of posting to deflect criticism of China in the China thread.

Your response was excellent, though I wouldn't call Neuroliminal's post a "lie," since it was mostly his opinion/model of soft power vs hard power, though it did appear to have exaggerations and omissions supporting it. This shows one of the reasons why I'm against moderating posts for being wrong or sloppy (unless they're willfully so), because your post refuting him was very informative and wouldn't have happened without his original.

This does bring also bring to mind another thought on whataboutism, that if comparisons are to happen they should at least be direct. If someone in the China thread says "China is doing bad thing X," then "yes, though it's not unique, since other countries including the US also do bad thing X" seems to be a much more constructive response than "well, the US does bad thing Y, which is just as bad."

Koos Group fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 31, 2022

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Smeef posted:

Ok, I’m going to make a bit of an effort post here. I’m not sure if these are specific rules so much as they are suggestions for posters in general to prevent threads from spiraling into poo poo.

First, it can be helpful to be clear about what the purpose of a post is, whether reading it or writing it. Maybe there are some other categories out there, but I see post content falling into a pretty limited number of categories:
  • Explaining, including arguing for a particular interpretation of something — could be history, current events, political behavior, etc.
  • Predicting, usually with some sort of rationale for that prediction
  • Making a normative argument — “X is bad. Y should be done.”
  • Venting — Sometimes people are just pissed off about poo poo and need to let off some steam. Personally I think it’s fine. But there are cases where I sense that posters are confusing their own venting for making an argument, or it spills over into a discussion that’s not really about what they’re angry about.
  • Having a laugh — This is still a comedy forum, and even if it’s not, lack of solemnity doesn’t mean lack of seriousness.
  • Sharing something interesting / not sure what to make of it yet — This easily gets into RSS feed for Twitter territory, but I do find that sometimes there are articles that I want to share even though I haven’t formulated a great interpretation yet and thus don’t have much to add to it.
  • Posting about posting — Generally annoying
I notice a lot of cases where discussion devolves because posts (during writing them or reading them) aren’t distinguishing between the above.

Second, it’s helpful to understand how you can be wrong or less effective in an argument. I’m basically taking all of this from memory from the book “How to Read a Book,” which everyone in D&D should read. (There are probably a lot of other good ideas to take from that book, too.)
  • Under-informed — You’ve got the facts right, but you don’t have enough of them, aren’t going deep enough, etc. This is very easy when discussing complex topics. No one is going to have all the information, so don’t feel be too upset when you learn something new.
  • Misinformed (related to the above) — Your facts are, in fact, not factual. This should be easy to correct, but there are occasionally extreme differences in what evidence is legitimate and not. I honestly am not sure what to do when arguments rely on incompatible bases of fact. And don’t be too defensive when you got a fact wrong… this is D&D, not JAMA. (That said, come on, do some Googling, check your sources, and qualify your claims before posting something you aren’t certain about.)
  • Illogical — You can have all the facts right and still be connecting them in the wrong way. This is where the logical fallacies that people complain about show up. Whataboutism gets mentioned a lot, but there are many others that are equally prevalent but less frequently identified. Unfortunately, I've met few people in life, much less on these forums, who are willing to admit when they've been illogical.
  • Big picture, completeness, and polish — Maybe these are three distinct things or overlap with the above, but they tie all the above together. A post can have all the facts straight and strong logic, but sometimes doesn’t really have an actual focus or argument. Or it doesn’t follow its argument the whole way through. Or it might be poorly written and hard to interpret. That doesn’t make it wrong, but it can undermine the post in some cases.
Finally, try to be good to your fellow goons.
  • Interpret posts charitably and give people the benefit of the doubt (though don’t be naive and fall for trolls or bad-faith posting).
  • Address the post; don’t attack the poster (which is a logical fallacy anyway). Even when the poster is making abhorrent claims, it’s far better for discussion to not resort to calling them a monster, etc. It just puts them in a defensive posture from which you’ll probably never convince them to exit.
  • Don’t go overboard when addressing select details in a post / remember the overall argument. So often there is a great post with one lovely sentence thrown in, and then that one lovely sentence become a multi-page derail that loses the original argument. When done in a positive way, though, this contributes to good meandering conversation.
  • Be a patient teacher and a patient, open-minded learner. No one is keeping score of the arguments you ‘win’ in D&D. Personally, I think that the most you can hope for here is to improve yours or others’ understanding and maybe have some fun doing it.
  • If you really just can’t engage constructively with a poster over and extended period, the Ignore List remains the most underrated feature on the forums.
Thank you, Dr. Hibbert. I rest my case.

Good stuff, thank you.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Will be closing the thread sometime on Monday, so I encourage anyone who hasn't given feedback yet to do so.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Since China thread moderation has been the most contentious issue in this round of feedback, I suppose I should address how I plan to go forward with it before the thread closes later today.

Like my first post on the matter implies, I'll have the team moderate against the formal definition of whataboutism, since it's a form of failing to address an argument. As per my second post about it, we'll be moderating comparisons that are indirect and come out of nowhere. This is because such comparisons are a way of shifting the conversation to your own pet issue of US vs. China, which is not only stale but also tends to involve more pure political rhetoric than educational material or original thought.

This does not mean you can't compare China to other countries. But the comparison should be direct, the way it's framed as a response should be logical, and ideally it should contain information that's not common knowledge or wouldn't occur to someone.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

Do you want to go into detail what "D&D-think" is? Last I checked you were a top 3 poster in the most active thread in the forum.

We must then assume that Willa loves D&D-think, and engages in it at a high level.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I also want to say to Koos personally that I didn't trust you at first when you were put in charge of D&D but FWIW I now believe that you're being genuine with all of us and that this isn't some long-term prank on us serious business posters like I originally thought. Thanks for doing your best to make the non-joke forum a better place for non-joke posters.

Welcome. You weren't the only one who thought that.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Get Rid of the Deadwood
Rules thread should stay at the top, like an admin/forums announcement. Not sure why the other threads are stickied rn, except for maybe the toon contest. (eta: And please gas CRAP-rated threads already. They're gassed for a reason--they're crap!)

Forgot to mention, I'm planning to do this, leaving only the rules thread, the Politoons thread (because it's so beloved and immediately accessible), and the Debate Me thread since it's an index.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Yes, the current event thread has become the general discussion thread with little actual discussion or debate of daily or weekly ongoing events. it's just what current topic are people arguing over in between a post every five pages about a current event that gets mostly ignored.

Guess we slipped a little. I'll try to get it back on track.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
It's now an official rule that mods can't probate someone they're in an argument with, so combined with CGR's recognition that they should be careful with their tone, I'm optimistic this will be less of an issue.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

some plague rats posted:

This is a good start, but it doesn't prevent other mods from coming in and handing out probes to anyone being rude to their buddies. When mods involved in an argument say something like "I'll get some other mods to look over this" it comes across as "I want to probe you but that would violate the rules so I'll have someone else take a look because there's a good chance they'll think like me"

Koos are you the official mod spokeman? Because it's odd to have a feedback thread where half of the mods don't even post anything, even when their specific decisions are being called into question. Commie came by, god bless him, and Fritz and I think GJB but goutpatrol specifically hasn't said anything despite being one of the more active mods in terms of handing out probes?

Yes, I'm the Big Man and the other mods are following my lead currently. That's why I've been the main one responding.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If moderation is only done by people outside of the discussion then that means only those who are completely unfamiliar with the thread will be moderating them.

If it does end up getting in the way of moderation i can just reverse it. I do admit it could be viewed as a hard rule attempting to compensate for lack of community trust or mod judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Thank you for the feedback, all. Even though I'm closing the thread my PMs are still open for any concerns you have.