Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Daduzi posted:

I'm as sick of whatabboutism as the next person, but trolling on an internet forum ain't abuse. It's pretty easy to just not engage.

i don’t even think it’s trolling. there’s 2 or maybe 3 different “groups” of posters looking for different things from the china thread and who largely disagree on fundamental issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Koos Group posted:

Your response was excellent, though I wouldn't call Neuroliminal's post a "lie,"

yeah but this is one of the big problems with that thread in particular. there’s a group of posters in there who largely want the thread to be the bitch about china, supported by news articles thread, and another group that want it to be the discuss the role of china on the world stage thread, contextualized through the western perspective that all of us are familiar with. the former group has a few people who cry foul, bad faith, trolling, and lying when anyone else wants to do anything other than bitch

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fritz the Horse posted:

idk if I necessarily agree with this characterization, but you're missing an important group: people actually in China (HK, Taiwan) or very familiar with internal Chinese politics who don't fit into any of the groups you describe. ronya is a good example of that but far from the only one.

well i wasn’t trying to describe the whole thread, but rather the source of one of the biggest problems there. nobody seems to get angry at ronya

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Panzeh posted:

I'm sure they think they're fighting the anti-imperialist good fight in the D&D china thread of something awful dot com.

why are you so sure of this, instead of just thinking there's people that disagree with you in d&d?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Alchenar posted:

Because it's a pattern that repeats itself over and over again? Everytime the Chinathread gets remotely close to discussing something interesting about China someone who hadn't been posting will on cue dash into the thread to drop a 'BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS THING AMERICA DOES?'

ok, what do you think is happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

CommieGIR posted:

If its a matter of differing opinions, you don't get to be the arbiter of which one is right and wrong, which is exactly what you just did. And I'm fairly certain that you are not a person in the immediate vicinity of Peng nor are Peng themselves, so as you say, the hypocrisy is palpable.

in this thread, as a mod, why don’t you sit this one out if you’re not capable of holding back your contempt