Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

imagine how hightech and efficient the chinese doping program is going to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CHINA VIRUS!!!!!!!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

who cares

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Over/under on 50% of the participants getting :theroni: by the end of the games? :thunk:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

gonna get me one of those anti-covid beds from the Japanese games that explode if you jerk off in em

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
a story about a charming olympic story: the frog prince and princess in beijing winter olympics

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/us-born-chinese-frog-princess-014224277.html

here are the frog princess and the frog prince

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Why would you watch the one that has 0 incredibly fit women in bikinis?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Terminal autist posted:

Why would you watch the one that has 0 incredibly fit women in bikinis?

HerraS has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Jan 31, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

remember the russian invasion of The Ukraine strats immediately after the olympics

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

remember the russian invasion of The Ukraine strats immediately after the olympics

wouldn't be the first time

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
curling is good

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Good Citizen posted:

curling is good

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

watching curling now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is the olympics happening?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

A split worthy of Henry VIII.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Meh winter Olympics are lame

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

so, what does this mean for all the figure skating events? that's got to be on pins and needles

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the IOC has informed us that this thread is in direct violation of the Olympic Spirit and i am must shut down the thread. i will fight this as best i can but im currently being overwhelmed by large deposits into my swiss bank account

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Is Russia allowed to go as Russia or are they still in the doghouse for getting caught

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Olympig

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The new events look like they all suck except for skiing big air, which is already an X Games event

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Looking forward to seeing Japan's women's hockey team get loving destroyed 30-0 by every other team though in a race to see who can score the most goals against them in order to clinch a knockout round spot

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

paul_soccer12 posted:

Is Russia allowed to go as Russia or are they still in the doghouse for getting caught

Russia is going as Ukraine.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

is this the China O'Brien thread?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I hope every competitor looses and decides to do something worthwhile with the rest of their lives.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

as a leftist i am obligated to hate all things fun and cool and i will not waver here

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://www.vulture.com/2012/08/morrissey-is-not-enjoying-the-olympics.html

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the olympics are boring as hell but it's going to be funny to see whatever the western media desperately grasps at as evidence to show that china is an authoritarian hellscape/corrupt wasteland/whatever

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

western media desperately grasps at as evidence

you can prove anything in china by harassing rando security guards at a weird camera angles and color filters

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the olympics are boring as hell but it's going to be funny to see whatever the western media desperately grasps at as evidence to show that china is an authoritarian hellscape/corrupt wasteland/whatever

for this part of the opening ceremony we're told that several people will be dancing in unison. this surrender of autonomy is a core part of chinese culture since the revolution and its social upheaval and violence in the last century, which may be represented by these twisting, turbulent movements. oh wow, impressive. how long do you think theyve been training? ive heard theyve been preparing this for months, often being separated from their families to gather together and intensely train for this one moment. its very important to the chinese hosts here at the 2022 olympics that their country is perceived well, and any mistake could bring embarrassment and shame, maybe even reprisal. even with all the beauty and grandeur of this performance, there's an air of tension hanging over the stadium here in beijing

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Breakfast All Day posted:

for this part of the opening ceremony we're told that several people will be dancing in unison. this surrender of autonomy is a core part of chinese culture since the revolution and its social upheaval and violence in the last century, which may be represented by these twisting, turbulent movements. oh wow, impressive. how long do you think theyve been training? ive heard theyve been preparing this for months, often being separated from their families to gather together and intensely train for this one moment. its very important to the chinese hosts here at the 2022 olympics that their country is perceived well, and any mistake could bring embarrassment and shame, maybe even reprisal. even with all the beauty and grandeur of this performance, there's an air of tension hanging over the stadium here in beijing

next time you post from the future please pm yr boy some powerball numbers

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Singapore's prime minister in 2019: Every time I visit China these days, seeing their sheer speed of progress makes me feel like a village bumpkin.

Westerners in 2022: Do they have running water over there?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

im attending the olypimics in person this year, ill be the mat that dozens of boot wearing people do synchronized marchs on.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

biathlon is cool as hell

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

China is a land of contrasts

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
glad I have an excuse to say go for the Beijing gold again after 14 years

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the Olympics.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

each first place Olympian will be rewarded with a preserved golden egg in a bowl of congee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the olympics rule and are a testament to humanity

also cynthia rothrock is a legend and this is my favorite fight she's in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ztk99MPOzk

heres her discussing filming it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMFdrOQTsY&t=1690s

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Jan 31, 2022