Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm iced in my apartment watching the NBC Opening coverage at the moment, and it's amazing how these correspondents job is to just "well actually China is bad" at every chance.

It is nice to see everyone in the audience wearing a mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm iced in my apartment watching the NBC Opening coverage at the moment, and it's amazing how these correspondents job is to just "well actually China is bad" at every chance.

the key to the olympics is to avoid all American coverage at all costs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

a primate posted:

the key to the olympics is to avoid all American coverage at all costs

Where are you guys watching?

EDIT:

gently caress yeah! American Samoa!

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
https://twitter.com/uespiiiiii/status/1489585618556715014

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Where are you guys watching?

EDIT:

gently caress yeah! American Samoa!

I usually watch CBC but haven’t watched this olympics at all yet. Their coverage is usually pretty good, but may have changed with the kidnapping of the Michaels

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

nbc anytime it cuts to xi jinping:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

R. Guyovich posted:

:lmao:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

R. Guyovich posted:

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

shyduck posted:

The olympics

new aristocrats joke just dropped

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

prohibited

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

it's pretty annoying with the pre-recorded footage. live is sometimes better.

just want 2 watch sports & take a break from politics & discuss it on the politics comedy subforum

also don't like how they don't show the winners in a sport and instead highlight the united statesians who place 20th in ski jumping wtf we want talent show us the frenchman!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:bisonyes:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Man Musk posted:

just want 2 watch sports & take a break from politics & discuss it on the politics comedy subforum

also don't like how they don't show the winners in a sport and instead highlight the united statesians who place 20th in ski jumping wtf we want talent show us the frenchman!!

wife actually paid for the peacock (lol) and while I regret that they've gotten money from us, it's been great as we're just able to watch the raw feed from the stadium so I've missed all the absurd commentary while getting to see every ridiculous moment of ice dancing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Man Musk posted:

you gotta watch from somewhere who gets the world feed, not the usa dreck. world feed is a lot lot better. cbc or bbc or w/e is fine

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Good Citizen posted:

Love NBC primetime coverage running a 5-minute package about the Uighurs every hour. I'm sure they'll keep up the practice of telling us why the host country is controversial when the LA olympics happen in 2028
you know it's a genocide when the killers highlight the victims in a positive light... like when a jew lit the torch in '36

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you know it's a genocide when the killers highlight the victims in a positive light... like when a jew lit the torch in '36

or did they?!?!??! who can possibly say, certainly not our "paper of record" which is just asking questions before and after doing literally zero background research

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1489637768565342208?s=20&t=DBA0IsqMRoL2HbfZjssJnw

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

im feeling the olypic spirit

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I doubt they still do it because so much stuff is pre-recorded now, but I used to enjoy the mini docs of the athletes that they'd show between live events. like, some dude who boils tree sap for a living and then after work he practices his curling technique or whatever

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the entire western media right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFsSPV-jWU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We suck rear end at curling

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
That mixed relay speed skating final was great, I'd never seen it before and its insane they can be going that fast around corners with a dozen people involved at a time

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

LGD posted:

or did they?!?!??! who can possibly say, certainly not our "paper of record" which is just asking questions before and after doing literally zero background research

we also can't find translators who could read those CCP docs on their public database written in an obscure language too

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

mastershakeman posted:

That mixed relay speed skating final was great, I'd never seen it before and its insane they can be going that fast around corners with a dozen people involved at a time

it’s good

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Canadian playing dirty as usual

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

womens figure skating, ukraine wrecking china lmao

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
This 15 year old Russian figure skater is amazing. I am nothing before her.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

russia drenched in figure skating blood

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Salt Lake City 2002 were the most cringe Winter Olympics

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

nikosoft posted:

she was nuts, just complete domination

women’s slopestyle is off to a rough start for like… everyone, but they’ve all got 2 more runs to get it together

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

nikosoft posted:

if she falls she goes to the gulag

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Radirot posted:

if she falls she goes to the gulag

we should send our failing athletes to a gulag tbh

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LGD posted:

she was nuts, just complete domination

women’s slopestyle is off to a rough start for like… everyone, but they’ve all got 2 more runs to get it together

It's cool they do best of 3 runs so everyone is throwing crazy poo poo and biting it half the time

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Man Musk posted:

Salt Lake City 2002 were the most cringe Winter Olympics

Sochi had its moments

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

canada men's freeskate not lookin' too good

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nikosoft posted:

It didn't even look hard for her then it turns out she's one of 4 women to ever hit her opening jump in the Olympics

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

watch biathlon

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

biathlon is good. watchin' men's ski jump rn (also good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Sports are almost universally good, and watching sports is a fun way to spend time.