Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1498215225505447938

Discuss. Personally, I feel 7 is riding on the nostalgia train too hard and 9 should be a lot higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ffxii robbed at the polls

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
14ShB
14EW
7R
14HW
13-2
14StB
10-2
14ARR

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My current ranking:

7remake

Will be playing 9 once I have finished Elden Ring. :hai:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My rubric:

Top half of all FFs: Any game where a resistance movement fights against an evil empire
Bottom half of all FFs: all the others

Edit: not kidding, probably goes

14, 8, 7, 6, 12, 15, 13, 2 (ok this breaks symmetry) // 10, 4, 9, 5, 3, 1, never played 11

Edit 2: by all accounts 16 will be a top-half game. "Imperial vipers? Do they really mean to invade us?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr6PtdY0i7M&t=121s

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 28, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames posted:

My current ranking:

7remake

Will be playing 9 once I have finished Elden Ring. :hai:

This av is amazing btw just met that dude in game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
happy birthday gamemaster anthony

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish there were more types of armor, I'm like 15-20 hours in and I've found one million weapons but only one piece of armor + one shield that has better stats than the starting vagabond gear (i'd like to switch to something lighter and upgrade that tbh because I miss the quick roll but nothing I've found seems worth using)

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

happy birthday gamemaster anthony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpLjF0xTPHc

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Zil posted:

Discuss. Personally, I feel 7 is riding on the nostalgia train too hard and 9 should be a lot higher.

shambolic list, tbh

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Zil posted:

9 is, if anything, rated too high. so is ff3 tbh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
9 has been getting a lot of revisionist upwards movement when in reality it's sort of middle of the road as far as golden age (~4-10) FFs go

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
9 should be higher, lmao at 11 being ranked even if it does warm my heart to see

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Japan confirmed to have trash opinions

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Relax Or DIE posted:

9 is, if anything, rated too high. so is ff3 tbh

cheetah7071 posted:

9 has been getting a lot of revisionist upwards movement when in reality it's sort of middle of the road as far as golden age (~4-10) FFs go

Rarity is going to be so cross with you two when she reads this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zil posted:

Rarity is going to be so cross with you two when she reads this.

fortunately she's ten years behind on posts just like with games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

fortunately she's ten years behind on posts just like with games

:mad:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
poor Rarity is going to enter Mass Effect 3 ending discourse soon :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

poor Rarity is going to enter Mass Effect 3 ending discourse soon :(

I've not even played ME2 yet!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In Neverwinter Nights 2 I spent an hour trying to respec my character, just like digging through all the menus and reading feats and poo poo lol

I don't think I ever finished it, lol reading that it ends with literally rocks fall everyone dies and MOTB starts there.

I spent 2 hours in the MOTB character creator and did not finish the first dungeon

MOTB is great I recommend maybe eventually finishing it tbh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FF9 is a good higher end FF in spite of its flaws, actually, while 8 is a good higher end FF because of its flaws

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Kerzzhe, if you're looking for some things to do that aren't hitting your head against a wall of enemies, you could backtrack a bit to a boss you've downed and assist others in defeating that boss. I believe you can get a fair amount of runes this way.

that's something i've been trying to do! the most convenient one for me is Margit, he drops 3k souls for cooperating but MAN actually getting a successful kill seems to take forever. either people are bad, or i get a connection error right before he dies. last night i was trying it again and it felt like i was waiting around a lot longer to actually get summoned too, so i don't know if most people are already past him, or what.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 28, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Valkyria Chronicle:

Oh no Alicia got shot. I'm sure this won't awaken any hitherto unknown magic powers within her!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Excuse me, 9 has been my favorite FF since I played it, there's nothing revisionist about it :colbert: It's just extremely good

May 8, 2006

Ff9 is good!! Just less good than 4, 5, 6, 7, 7R, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, 13-2, 13-3, and 14. Outside of mainline it also probably falls behind tactics, tactics a2, theaterhythm, dissidia duodecim, and mystic quest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just spotted a very sad piece of worldbuilding in Valkyria Chronicle. When the war first started my available recruits all came from a variety of ages and backgrounds but now I'm deep in and the only new recruits coming through are all aged 15-19 because the rest of the country's manpower has been exhausted :smith:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

FF9 is a good higher end FF in spite of its flaws, actually, while 8 is a good higher end FF because of its flaws

8 is so weird and fun

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Just spotted a very sad piece of worldbuilding in Valkyria Chronicle. When the war first started my available recruits all came from a variety of ages and backgrounds but now I'm deep in and the only new recruits coming through are all aged 15-19 because the rest of the country's manpower has been exhausted :smith:

you did get the 12-year-old girl fairly early on iirc

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Kerrzhe posted:

that's something i've been trying to do! the most convenient one for me is Margit, he drops 3k souls for cooperating but MAN actually getting a successful kill seems to take forever. either people are bad, or i get a connection error right before he dies. last night i was trying it again and it felt like i was waiting around a lot longer to actually get summoned too, so i don't know if most people are already past him, or what.

I find I got more souls faster by being available of coop deeper in the castle. Especially because even if the partnership goes wrong, you keep the ones you did manage to bag.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

10-2

I've only played part of A Realm Reborn so I expect 14 to rise through the ranks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

March Wordle Chat Thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp posted:

you did get the 12-year-old girl fairly early on iirc

No she was in this batch too :(

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there are at least a couple of adults left but the way to get them is a seeeecret

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
My FF ranking:

Haven't played 8 past a few minutes in and I'll probably never touch 11.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Zil posted:

FF12 is not in the top 10 and FF3 is. This list is a disgrace! A disgrace!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Limmy is streaming Elden Ring!

He really is one of the best. (Also Dr Lupo streaming Elden ring has been great).

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Zil posted:

One day FF2 and FF13 will get the respect they deserve.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That day is today

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The replacement GameSir came after Amazon offered to replace the whole thing when I asked if they had any replacement thumb grips that go on the control sticks after I lost one...but now the left analog stick makes a faint noise like a broken clock when I move it in the down direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how many final fantasy games have you ever beaten, like, beat the main final boss? Unless I did it as a young teen binging on SNES ROMs and forgot, I don't think I ever have. FF7 I've come closest, but once you get disc 3 and the map opens up i gotta get the golden chocobo and secret materias and beat up the secret weapons and blegh I'll never finish that game. FF12 is the best combat of the franchise by a few thousand miles, but drat these games are freaking long with lots of downtime to drag em out longer, even with fast forwarding tricks.