Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

bad month to quit AC since this month they're releasing the Omega Animals

*only*

I said I would stop *only* playing animal crossing

It will remain a vital part of my daily routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also :hellyeah: Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s2I0mSvJIY

Sorta wish I had an Xbox, or a PC strong enough, for this.
Would literally just spend hours flying around

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What a cracking month for Games :D

Also I am so excited for playing more FFVIII tonight! More sidequests time!

I want to finish the CCQuest, so I have to find Card Club King. I have beaten all five others (even Joker) but have no concrete idea who King might be, only that they are in Balamb Garden somewhere.

Also I only have one GF left to get and if possible I would like to do this as well! :) I am not sure how much story I have left though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

VideoGames posted:

What a cracking month for Games :D

Also I am so excited for playing more FFVIII tonight! More sidequests time!

I want to finish the CCQuest, so I have to find Card Club King. I have beaten all five others (even Joker) but have no concrete idea who King might be, only that they are in Balamb Garden somewhere.

Also I only have one GF left to get and if possible I would like to do this as well! :) I am not sure how much story I have left though.

what are the wellingtons in your latest av from? might be a coincidence, but they seem to remind me of something from children's bbc when i was like 4.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Metis of the Hallways posted:

*only*

I said I would stop *only* playing animal crossing

It will remain a vital part of my daily routine.

I tried to add it back into my routine but it didn't take. I mostly want to play pretty late at night, and I know I could enact that ordinance to move all the open timers back to later, but it's more fun to be a rare and largely unhelpful ghost on my own Island.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Well that was probably the craziest January video games has ever seen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pirate Jet posted:

Well that was probably the craziest January video games has ever seen.

the acquisitions or releases? i've been dealing with some health issues, so i wasn't paying much attention lately (except for the stuff thats hard to miss).

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i did a double take seeing C;H Noah on the list but it's JP only :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*clears throat*

Elden Wrong

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

what are the wellingtons in your latest av from? might be a coincidence, but they seem to remind me of something from children's bbc when i was like 4.

No idea, I just found loads of cute Kirbys and turned them into a ton of avatars :)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Elden Ring is an autobuy and Olli Olli World looks cool but I probably won't have the money. I'm glad Elden Ring is at the end of the month so I can finish P5 Strikers or Final Fantasy 12 first

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

So so excited for Elden Ring. Looking forward to finding the Greatsword (or equivalent) and smashing fools with it!

Hoping I can finish my playthrough of FF7 before then. Think I'm getting fairly close to the end now that I'm about to go look for the last huge materia? It's a really awesome game and I wish I'd played it more when I was a kid, I really missed out!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legit don't know how I'm going to split my time between Elden Ring and Forbidden West.

bovis posted:

Looking forward to finding the Kirkhammer (or equivalent) and smashing fools with it!

ftfy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bovis posted:

So so excited for Elden Ring. Looking forward to finding the Greatsword (or equivalent) and smashing fools with it!

Hoping I can finish my playthrough of FF7 before then. Think I'm getting fairly close to the end now that I'm about to go look for the last huge materia? It's a really awesome game and I wish I'd played it more when I was a kid, I really missed out!

It is SUCH a good game. According to my End of Year Wrap up, I spent the third most time gaming last year on it.

It went: Dark Souls II, Sekiro, FFVII, TLOU, Dark Souls III.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/discord/status/1488240777549402112

gently caress Twitch? :nyoron:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Elden Ring is close

oh I wanna see how that Sifu game comes together- seems like I would be into it but I need to get some impressions or give a demo a shot or something to know

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 1, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Slight correction on the list, it appears the Switch version of the Life is Strange Remastered Collection got delayed until later (actual release date currently undetermined last I checked):

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1484201555544838146

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wordle 228 4/6

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The worst word

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Dordle 7&5/7
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Down to the wire, the way I likes it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

gently caress Twitch? :nyoron:

what

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

only one good game coming out this month, looking forward to a backlog month hell yeah

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The only game I played last month was Monster Hunter Rise and also like 4 hours of Pillars of Eternity 2 CRPG2022 not looking great

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
wonder if I can be done with at least a first pass of Hades by the time Elden Ring come out

already feels like a game I'll be coming back to after the fact

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoping it leads to Discord streaming

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

The 100 hours of Monster Hunter I'm going to play before Elden Ring is in my greedy, grubby little gremlin hands is my anime training arc.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm glad I have 24 days to prepare myself for a FROM game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Why would that be better than any existing option? Inviting people to servers if they want to watch and aren't already there sounds like a nightmare compared to just giving people a twitch link.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Discord has a ton of integration options already, it means nothing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, all it'll really do is let you show a Playstation game as your currently playing status.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

PS5 has no games and no 3rd party services what a console

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

PS5 has no games and no 3rd party services what a console

also drat near No Consoles

or are they easier to get now

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I've never even seen a PS5 with my own eyes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PS5s are a myth like Santa or Bigfoot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I still haven’t ever seen an xbox

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I saw a PS5 the other day

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I still haven’t ever seen an xbox

Yeah because the Duke controller is so big that once you get close enough to an Xbox all you can see is the controller.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys think “ER” will ever become an accepted replacement for typing “elden ring”?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I hope not

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
GRRMS ER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys think “ER” will ever become an accepted replacement for typing “elden ring”?

Only when George Clooney dies