Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

goooood morning comrades!

happy month of gamer love! the weather may be frightful, but the games are looking oh so delightful

olli olli world and elden ring are the two im most excited for, which titles are making your heart thump hardcore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I've never even seen a PS5 with my own eyes

it's like a skyscraper, they're so big that you can actually miss them unless you're a good distance away

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wordle 227 2/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

:coolspot:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

haha what posted:

happy month of gamer love! the weather may be frightful, but the games are looking oh so delightful

olli olli world and elden ring are the two im most excited for, which titles are making your heart thump hardcore?
I finally got Nioh 2 to run well and below 90 Celsius after I had a fellow repaste my laptop three minutes away from my house.
I'll show you my custom-made Sun Wukong when he's finished :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Doing wordle post acquisition...just lmao

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
Fighting zombies to start the month in Dying LIght 2
Fighting as a zombie in Elden Ring to end it.
which of y'all waiting a year and change for Forbidden West on Steam?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

haveblue posted:

I saw a PS5 the other day

Horrible creatures

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Daily Dordle #0008 3&6/7
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

Infinitum posted:

Hoping it leads to Discord streaming

you can already stream through discord

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, being able to stream directly to Discord through your PS4 like you can Twitch would be convenient

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/Laban9898/status/1488364317565095936?s=20&t=bu0eCbpEqbg5IJeJIJ9nQw

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

A very Liefeldian approach to the problem.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gahmah posted:

still haven't played the first one and I was rewarded by it coming out on PC

I feel like I got maybe 1 open-world tower-scouter collectathon game in me a year before I reach my tolerance and they don't really feel fun anymore so yeah I can wait or maybe just never play it if I feel like I've had enough of the HZD formula in general after I finally get around to the first... sometime

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do they not feel like rendering a foot or do they fear the foot fetishing masses

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gahmah posted:

Depends how long Sony wants to wait before letting me give them money.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

Do they not feel like rendering a foot or do they fear the foot fetishing masses

It's the former. The weight painting and joints have been built under the assumption that she's wearing heels, so rerigging a shoeless model so that the foot doesn't look hosed up is an extra layer of tedium and time that can be avoided through clever camera angles instead.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hatty posted:

Banging game month

February 1 - Life is Strange: Remastered Collection (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX, NS, Stadia, PC)
February 4 - Dying Light 2 Stay Human (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX, NS, PC)
February 8 - Sifu (PS4, PS5)
February 8 - OlliOlii World (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX, NS, PC)
February 10 - CrossfireX (XBO, XSX)
February 10 - Edge of Eternity (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX)
February 10 - Kingdom Hearts 1-3 IN THE CLOUD (NS)
February 11 - Lost Ark (PC)
February 15 - Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX, NS, Stadia, PC)
February 15 - Star Wars: The Old Republic: Legacy of the Sith (PC)
February 17 - Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (NS)
February 17 - King of Fighters XV (PS4, PS5, XSX, PC)
February 17 - Total War: Warhammer III (PC)
February 18 - Horizon Forbidden West (PS4, PS5)
February 22 - Destiny 2: The Witch Queen (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX, Stadia, PC)
February 22 - Monark (PC, NS, PS4, PS5)
February 23 - Edge Of Eternity (NS)
February 24 - Assetto Corsa Competizione (PS5, XSX)
February 24 - Chaos;Child (NS)
February 24 - Chaos;Head Noah (NS)
February 24 - Crystar (NS)
February 25 - Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream (PC, NS, PS4)
February 25 - Grid Legends (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSS, PC)
February 25 - Elden Ring (PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX, PC)

Hmm. A lot of crap I don't care about, but also Dying Light 2, Sifu, Olliolli World, Grid Legends, and Elden Ring.

Why is CrossFireX not on PC though? That's irritating/weird

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Barefoot is illegal actually

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons releases February 28.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

haha what posted:

I am extremely excited for Elden Ring after beating* Bloodborne and DS3 to be on the ground floor of a new Soulsborne game. Also they’re giving Kirby a gun and an open world? That’s cool.

*well I got to Orphan in BB and killed Soul of Cinder in DS3 without actually seeing the credits
Edit: never mind new Kirby’s next month

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
As the owner of a stock PS4, I’m looking forward to my console burning itself down as I play Elden Ring on it.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Elden ring

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons releases February 28.
Who the hell still plays Guild Wars 2?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

DalaranJ posted:

As the owner of a stock PS4, I’m looking forward to my console burning itself down as I play Elden Ring on it.

Elden Ring of Death

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Who the hell still plays Guild Wars 2?

It's good OP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guild Wars 2 is extremely popular still.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Daily Dordle #0008 3&6/7
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

you can already stream through discord

Neat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how does one win the guild wars? are there only a few guilds left going ,which will win in the end?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

how does one win the guild wars? are there only a few guilds left going ,which will win in the end?

When can we finally have guild peace

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you have to end the most dragons in two rounds out of three

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only the guild dead have seen the end of guild war

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Guild Wars 2 is extremely popular still.

It's one of those things that seems to have maintained a good playerbase even though you never hear about it. Like EVE and SWTOR.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, GW2 is quietly doing pretty well these days. It doesn't get much coverage anywhere and it's definitely not booming like FFXIV or anything, but it's still one of the bigger MMOs around.

Part of its issue is that its future for a while was really in question, and for a while it looked like it might never get another expansion. Then ArenaNet's other project(s) got canceled and they've pretty much re-focused entirely on GW2, and the new expansion looks pretty promising.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
been going through ace combat 7 after like two years of letting it sit in my library

I don’t play flight sims ever but this one’s arcadey enough for it not to matter, plus it does a good job of stoking the player’s ego for Being a Video Game Protagonist

mechanic is equal parts aghast and amused that you keep returning to the hangar with a half-melted engine from all the insane bullshit you pull, novice ally pilots literally turn “stick with the player” into a survival strategy, enemy pilots start to audibly panic when you ping their radar

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-activision-deal-to-be-reviewed-by-federal-trade-commission-11643729045

The MS-ActiBlizz acquisition is going to be reviewed by the FTC.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

All large M&As are subject to regulatory review.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In a 1,000 page review the FTC has concluded that X-Box rulez, Sony droolz, bring on the console war baby!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I tried picking up GW2 again recently and I couldn't get back into it. The economy is super inflated since i played last time, meaning i'm even more dead broke than before, and I tried playing through the story stuff that I missed (which i had to pay to unlock) but it felt like such a tedious slog that I gave up. The combat feels just so slow and repetitive, despite being "actiony", you end up just spamming your weak auto attack half the time waiting for your 4 other abilities to come off cooldown. Mobs just have too much health.

On top of that the gem store is like, oppressive almost in how much they try to get you to buy stuff. More storage, more character slots, more cosmetic crap than you can shake a stick at. I thought briefly about working towards one of the legendary weapons while waiting for Endwalker to come out but it would have cost me like 2500 gold to buy all the materials, or months to farm it all myself... or i could just pay a nice $160 worth of gems to get the gold for it. That idea was a total bust so I looked into unlocking one of the cool flying mounts and... those are also long grinds with big gold sinks.

I only managed to play it for like two days before I uninstalled it again. FFXIV has spoiled me I think.