Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cheetah7071 posted:

Realistically the op will probably say something like "try to post about games that you never see people talk about. It's easy to gush about undertale or ffxiv or the last of us and get a bunch of replies sharing your joy. This thread is the last refuge for games that don't get talked about anywhere else, but had a strong impact on you" and then I'll let the posters sort it out

I will post about Beyond Eyes in there, a game which possibly literally only I have played.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saint Freak posted:

One achievement is "Play 500 Hours"

One weird trick to increase your playtime.

Trying to remember what game it was that had a 'play for 100 hours trophy' but the game was like 10 hours long.

The Good Life has something similar but it's older than that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems to be reviewing exactly the same as the first one so far, which is fine by me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

never mind Dying Light... it's tonight is Frying Night down at the Jay Rust household :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nike7BNrJ5A

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF7R

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All these memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RBA Starblade posted:

It's still good but the combat feels somewhat clunky and dated now

So exactly like it did when it came out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably Yakuza where the 'open world' is a bit of town

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why are they using Initial D music when that fight has one of the top five tracks in the entire game....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jokes on you that's from ESP Galuda not Initial D

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TIE Fighter/Colony Wars

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That Capcom game that everyone thought was KojiPro when the trailer started.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Babylon's Fall is GaaS so we knew this already

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally signs of a new gen then

Remember when the PS3 versions Dragon Age: Inquisition and Shadow of Mordor were unplayable lol

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 7, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dying Light 2 PS5 making you choose between 60fps, 4K and Ray tracing sucks, but I can't do either of the 30fps modes now so it's not really a choice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CottonWolf posted:

Playing on a PS5, still can’t feel the frames. I’m a gamer failure. But at least I can keep things at 30 for the pretties and not feel like I’m losing anything.

I could probably adjust back to 30, and have done for some older PS4 games, it's the point where you switch between the two in a game that lets you I can't take.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a From game so betting on the framerate is a fools game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Elden Ring doesn't count by meme metrics

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A good trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdZT6HIwoU4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which one has the Button - Awesome connection

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kerrzhe posted:

guys Lost Ark is a fuckin' trip

it's got all the expected korean MMO nonsense, tons and tons of various systems overlaying each other that you can probably pay money into, an extremely barebones story, bad voice acting, and gender locked classes

which, a note about the gender locked classes: not all of them are gender locked. there are in fact 2 base classes that you can play as male or female.... but they have different subclasses available per gender. a female Gunner can only choose the Gunslinger subclass. the male Gunner can choose from THREE, completely separate ones. Martial Artist is the opposite, the male gets one, female gets three.

i ain't ever seen nothin like this

I've seen it before in a bunch of other Korean F2P MMOs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

The horny nintendo JRPG is back!!

They started with Fire Emblem

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a jpeg so no

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Relax Or DIE posted:

what games have good writing?

Soul Reaver

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odd Wilson posted:

Hm, really? That's unfortunate. I always meant to check it out someday. It was one of those games that kinda stood on the very edge of my radar.

I guess I'll look into the second one when I finally find the time, but until then I've still got Valkyrie Profile 2 to finish, Atelier Iris 3 to start. Doesn't help that Elden Ring is already going to interrupt all of that.

The first game is very slow paced but not necessary boring if you enjoy its vibe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

I really disliked DS3 pvp, making estuses really fast to drink and running away incredibly easy does not make ds pvp better

Does for me lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My gamer chair is my sofa

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone played Iron Harvest? Alt history WW1 with robots RTS sounds like a no brainier for me but I've literally never heard anyone mention it existing lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My copy of Forbidden West just came in.

Based on "smoke on the street" i'm just gonna beeline the main story

The side quests often give you genuinely useful weapons

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

I will try this magic myself. Blood-Starved Beast.

Just move left

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AD Vision deliberately stylised 'Chrono Crusade' on the dvd case to resemble the Chrono Trigger logo because they loved trying to trick people in buying stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's more expensive than the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm getting the disc sent to me and it's arriving today lol

Going to look back on this and feel owned if it infact is not there when I get home.