Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

lol :five:

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

I've been practicing parody song lyrics every morning this week and I gotta tell you folks, this year's musical number is gonna pack a wallop.

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I've been practicing parody song lyrics every morning this week and I gotta tell you folks, this year's musical number is gonna pack a wallop.

:eyepop:

Well, now

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

That's pretty cute, who are the two on the left?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Saoshyant posted:

That's pretty cute, who are the two on the left?

Oh we're pulling out all the stops this time, you'll see. Guest-stars aplenty.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

bonus points for hp loving up

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hey friends, a little update on where we're at with the award show!

The big date has been picked and it's in exactly one month: Jun 17!

The categories have been chosen and you can now vote on the winners, please do when you have the time!

We're also looking at who to hire from cameo to present the awards. So far these are my favorite candidates, presented in what would be a dream budget BUT we may need cheaper options, so donations AND solutions are welcome!

For our host, the best suggestion so far has been Joel McHale, who costs $275 US per video and we would like 2, so that's $550 US right there.

For presenting the coolest animal award Buckley the Highland Cow is a steal at $25 US

It would be lovely to welcome back Tay Zonday to present our best original song award, for just $35 US

For the best luchador award we have a particularly tough choice... if we can afford him it would be terrific to get the real Blue Demon Jr, but he costs $300 US.

A good alternative for Blue Demon Jr would be the Chilean luchador Stephanie Vaquer, who charges only $12 US but she'll be unavailable soon? We have to choose quick I guess!

And finally for our big "best film" analogue prize, why not an all time master of cinema-that-might-be-great-or-terrible, Malcolm Mcdowell, another bargain at just $100 US.

Altogether that means the dream budget for this show, with all the biggest stars, would be $1010 US.
The immediately available cost reduction would be to go with Stephanie Vaquer instead of Blue Demon Jr, for a total of $710 US.

Unfortunately right now we have raised $332.98 US which is less than half that goal, and these stars need to be hired in the next two weeks, so unless we get a big donation soon we're gonna have to look at cutting costs. The obvious next place to cut is the host, so I'm open to cheaper solutions there especially. Thoughts?

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh and here's the donate link again juuuust in case you're a big Joel McHale fan and you don't want to see us go with someone cheaper

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

Sadly, can't help much right now. My suggestion is to go with Stephanie and 1 Joel McHale video. See, I got an idea: he will cohost with you, so you'll do the second video. Just like the Oscars!

That math should work out and maybe if there's spare we'll even get Malcolm Mcdowell, too.

Honestly, Blue Demon Jr should do our video for free, what with it being an award for his dad. <:mad:>

Stoner Sloth

Saoshyant posted:

Sadly, can't help much right now. My suggestion is to go with Stephanie and 1 Joel McHale video. See, I got an idea: he will cohost with you, so you'll do the second video. Just like the Oscars!

That math should work out and maybe if there's spare we'll even get Malcolm Mcdowell, too.

Honestly, Blue Demon Jr should do our video for free, what with it being an award for his dad. <:mad:>

yeah this sounds like good sense

sent a small donation towards the cause - i'm happy with whatever you decide but definitely would be pleased to see a malcom mcdowell contribution!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Stoner Sloth posted:

yeah this sounds like good sense

sent a small donation towards the cause - i'm happy with whatever you decide but definitely would be pleased to see a malcom mcdowell contribution!

Thank you very much! I too am excited, he's a personal favorite.

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Dave Foley is available for 80 bucks a vid. I wonder if he'd balk like Kevin did last year though...

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Dave Foley looks like he looks really young for his age and so I expected him to be in his 70s and imagine my surprise to learn he is 60 this year. Which is pretty much how old he looks. And therefore looks like he hasn't aged as well as I figured he would.

BoldFrankensteinMir

You know who would also be awesome and is only $25 an appearance? Debra Wilson, who I think would be a pretty awesome follow-up to Maria Bamford honestly.

If possible we should pick who we're hiring by this Saturday

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Here's where we're at:

For host, Debra Wilson is super cool and actually affordable at 25 bucks a pop but she only has 5 vids left atm so we gotta pick!

Coolest animal: Buckley the Highland Cow is a steal at $25 US

For best original song Tay Zonday is $35 US

For the best luchador award, Stephanie Vaquer, is $12 US but she'll also be unavailable soon.

And finally for our big "best film" analogue prize, why not an all time master of cinema-that-might-be-great-or-terrible, Malcolm Mcdowell, is now our big expense (fittingly) at $100 US.

So we're actually good on budget at only $248 (and that's with a third host segment to intro the second musical number!), the rest can be oh-gently caress emergency funds (like if one of our guests declines) OR it can go eventually into a movie nite ad fund.

Thoughts? I want to order these tomorrow if possible.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 3, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps

Stoner Sloth

those sound like good choices mate!

Saoshyant

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

For best original song Tay Zonday is $35 US

Currently $25 at a discount, go go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Orders have been placed!

And they've improved something since last year, now you can pay a little extra and get 650 characters for instructions instead of 250. That was actually enough to get some complex info across on a couple of them which was nice.

Now to see if anybody says no!

Edit- so far so good, Debra Wilson has confirmed for all three parts! And we squeaked in at almost her last available slots, phew!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 5, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps