Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just finished spooky tapes on netflix now im watching 6 feet under on HBO i havent seen it before it is okay to watch for an hour before bed i guess

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

the undertones of this show have moved my friends and i to start a subreddit. we need to come together and Reddit.com seems like a great place with some wonderful people who agree with our philosophy. the tv show = us = the tv show.

really makes you think.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

It's a show about nothing. I only watch it because it's on TV.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

what did you think about the twist where the character in the wheelchair stands up and turns out to be villian?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
To be honest, I don't think Charles ever really had control of the situation

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BONER X posted:

my brain doe all that for me (it doesnt i have complete aphantasia lol)

i can't imagine

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

The best thing about this revival is that they changed everything about the show that people were excited about seeing again. If you want to watch the old show, you already have eight seasons of it! This way, the actors and writers who wish they were doing something original but this is what would pay are able to explore what it would be like if this classic show was actually a different show which you got tricked into watching.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 2, 2022

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

can someone dvr the tv show for me? I’m never home to get to see the tv show.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Regarde Aduck posted:

i can't imagine

lmao

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

BONER X posted:

ah i preferred the book

The Book was alright, but The Next Book and The Book That Came After kind of lose the plot. I'd say the TV Show takes things in a far more interesting direction.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The Book was alright, but The Next Book and The Book That Came After kind of lose the plot. I'd say the TV Show takes things in a far more interesting direction.

Personally I thought the TV Show was okay until it deviated from The Book too much. I mean sure, The Book as a series suffered some setbacks after The Next Book, but they didn't have to throw it all away. Now we're on season 6 of the TV Show and it doesn't have any of the core ideas that made The Book good in the first place. Meanwhile, those concepts are really starting to show dividends in Yet Another Book. You'd recognize that if you actually read it. I bet you haven't.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I'm sorry that was rude.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

dr_rat posted:

They should of just ended the show when it was first cancelled, it was a great ending for the show, and obviously where they wanted to end it. When it came back it was really obvious they had no ideas for it. And lol just straight up bringing the main character back to life after their noble sacrifice, but saying it was actually their clone who went to confront the villain in the last episode.

LAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AKZ posted:

what did you think about the twist where the character in the wheelchair stands up and turns out to be villian?

Wow thanks for spoilering The TV Show jerks. Some of us WORK for a living and can only watch one or two episodes a night :mad:

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
when the guy turned up (from that other thing) I was like whaat

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The Book is actually a de-make of The TV show.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I used to love TV show until I heard that actor said Thing. I just can’t watch that actor anymore knowing he said Thing.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
OMG, so many people keep telling me I need to watch the TV show! So I watched a couple episodes and I don't get what the fuss is about? Might keep watching, you know, to give it a chance,

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

a primate posted:

I used to love TV show until I heard that actor said Thing. I just can’t watch that actor anymore knowing he said Thing.

It was a different time. We were in the KKK. We wore blackface. We did race rioting in blackface. It was a different time. People change. We were in the Waffen-SS and the KKK at the same time. Times change

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

OMG, so many people keep telling me I need to watch the TV show! So I watched a couple episodes and I don't get what the fuss is about? Might keep watching, you know, to give it a chance,

"The Fandom", as they call themselves, are bugfuck insane. Just completely unhinged. I think the TV Show is competently made and perfectly enjoyable, but if you go into it thinking it's going to just blow away all the things that came before, you'll be disappointed.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

TV Show is OK, but Other TV Show is way better.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Wow thanks for spoilering The TV Show jerks. Some of us WORK for a living and can only watch one or two episodes a night :mad:

The TV show is over four decades old at this point. You should expect spoilers in a thread discussing it!

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

It was a different time. We were in the KKK. We wore blackface. We did race rioting in blackface. It was a different time. People change. We were in the Waffen-SS and the KKK at the same time. Times change

Even back then nobody said thing.

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Flyball posted:

TV Show is OK, but Other TV Show is way better.

Other TV Show is good but there is too much farting. And Famous Movie actor is just collecting a cheque.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

in other news, that hunk from the TV show? Still the dreamiest, he’s so charming and approachable, shy but sweet :swoon: any1 itt draw fanart of him? pm me plz for discussion of money + levels of horny detail

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
There was a really good gun violence scene on the TV show last night

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Look, I love TV show. And I've been a huge fan for a long time. So when all these victims make allegations they're just clout chasing.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Trollologist posted:

Look, I love TV show. And I've been a huge fan for a long time. So when all these victims make allegations they're just clout chasing.

Being a fan of TV Show doesn't mean you have to make excuses for Director. I believe Supporting Actress. Lead Actress has already backed her story.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
The foreign version of TV show was much better, and I roll my eyes at anyone enjoying the domestic version

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
i have fallen in love with a character from the tv show

and now i'm depressed... again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
I feel like I have to watch a show to even know what it's about.

I have a few episodes left of Attack on Titan and I hope the titans win.